Poll: So, what do you think of them?

Page 5 of 11 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    10+ Year Old Account
    Hard to look at them favorably in any light...pretty much every legendary I've ever obtained was low to bottom tier...definitely never even had a single BiS legendary.

I like the random chance for a piece of awesome gear.

However, I don't really like the amount of them and that some of them are just greatly superior due to their effects for your output/survival.

Definitely another reason why I won't play an alt, or even another spec.

The Patient
    7+ Year Old Account
    Should have just made them lower ilvl epics and made the new rings class quests.

Sent from my ONEPLUS A3003 using Tapatalk

10+ Year Old Account
    Honestly?
    Completely indifferent.

Maybe I played this game for too long but I can no longer get excited about stats etc, because of the knowledge that, in the end, it doesn't matter and will get outdated far too quickly.

10+ Year Old Account
    I don't think I've ever been vocal about legiondaries so here I go:
    I like them.
    I hated people who whined about not getting the perfect legendaries. I tend to avoid whine threads on the matter as of today because they make me so angry. I miss tons of legendaries and I have all the trash ones, so I come up with creative ways to make the best of them. Others prefer to bugger others because "I have all legendaries except one I would need slightly more, WTF Blizz".

It feels unrewarding.

RNG really sucks and the way this game is heading is the more RNG the better for the devs to keep us all hooked.

My DK finally hits 110, I run caches and bosses on him...first legendary is the worst one...like seriously...WORST. I don't even feel like playing him, I want to delete him. That feeling should NEVER happen when you get a legendary. If we could use unlimited legendaries like Diablo, I guess I wouldn't care so much...

Also it is SLOW once you hit 5-6 of them the rest come so damn slow. Pace needs to speed up so by now those doing usual stuff should have all. I am not running hours for chests just to get them all faster...talking on my main here too. I think I have 6 now.

10+ Year Old Account
    Damn it's only been a year already? Jeez, I hope they announce the next patch after Argus or expac soon

It is still the worst idea Blizzard has ever had, by far.
    The legendary system together with a few other mistakes brings down what would otherwise have been a pretty cool expantion and puts it below WoD in terms of fun and quality design.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Themanintobuildafire View Post
    It feels unrewarding.

RNG really sucks and the way this game is heading is the more RNG the better for the devs to keep us all hooked.

My DK finally hits 110, I run caches and bosses on him...first legendary is the worst one...like seriously...WORST. I don't even feel like playing him, I want to delete him. That feeling should NEVER happen when you get a legendary. If we could use unlimited legendaries like Diablo, I guess I wouldn't care so much...

Also it is SLOW once you hit 5-6 of them the rest come so damn slow. Pace needs to speed up so by now those doing usual stuff should have all. I am not running hours for chests just to get them all faster...talking on my main here too. I think I have 6 now.
    The funny thing is, you're actually better off deleting him and leveling a new one. It takes less time after all.

Legendary dependent specs show how lame is this system.

They sort of trivialize the concept of a piece of gear being considered legendary in the first place, but I'm ok with them. I think the wear-limit can make them situational, which is nice.

I'm not sure the expansion would be any worse, or less interesting, if they didn't exist at all, however.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Pijips View Post
    you have been able to get a legendary a week for a while now, ~2 weeks if you don't grind everything. so..
    then i guess im really unlucky cause legendaries drop far slower then evry 2weeks for my main and i do my weekly M+ for the chest in orderhall, my emisaries and tomb evry week.

10+ Year Old Account
    Setting aside the idea of a legendary being a possible reward for, say, cracking nuts in Valsharah, I think they should have done these as two different levels of legendary:

1) Powerful legendaries that make a significant difference because of the effect/proc on the item should have been a quest reward item for a chain that took a significant investment of time and effort.

2) Legendaries that are nice to haves and mostly useful because of their item level should have been done as they are currently - a "WOW"! surprise reward that drops randomly.

Deleted
    I really like them. Just remove any damage increasing aspect for next expansion and the dps can finally quit their bitching about "BIS".

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Cysia View Post
    then i guess im really unlucky cause legendaries drop far slower then evry 2weeks for my main and i do my weekly M+ for the chest in orderhall, my emisaries and tomb evry week.
    You also need to run Emerald Nightmare, Trial of Valour and Nighthold, LFR/Normal/Heroic to optimize your chances, I think that's when you obtain one per week.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Aggrophobic View Post
    It is still the worst idea Blizzard has ever had, by far.
    The legendary system together with a few other mistakes brings down what would otherwise have been a pretty cool expantion and puts it below WoD in terms of fun and quality design.
    Below WoD? Really? You got a weird concept of the terms fun and quality.

I wish they had Diablo 3's legendary drop rate. Only one of my characters managed to get a third legendary after all this time and it's honestly too much effort to try "grinding for them." In D3 you just run the equivilent to an M+ and you will absolutely get at least one every, single, time. It's just the question of how long until you get the one you want and if it's upgraded.
    Soothing Mist:"Healing them for a minor amount every 0.5 sec, until you take any other action."
    Jade Serpent Statue: "The statue will also begin casting Soothing Mist on your target. healing for 50% as much as yours. "
    [What's half of minor?]
    "Statue casts Soothing Mist at a nearby ally for toddler healing."

Hated. Hated the concept, the RNG of them and the implementation. Would trather have had some kind of token system where you could select the ones you wanted. Not get 5 useless legendaries that made you rage when you got them
    Last edited by Dystemper; 2017-07-17 at 09:48 PM.
    Non nobis Domine, non nobis, sed nomini tuo da gloriam

Legendary!
    10+ Year Old Account
    They're fine now after they made the changes to how legendaries work. Hopefully this legendary system continues into the next expansion.

10+ Year Old Account
    The problem with legendaries is that the classes were designed and balanced around having specific ones.

That would be the equivalent of requiring level 100 to raid effectively but shutting off XP at 99, and then "randomly" giving certain players the ability to hit 100.

I say "randomly" because it was highly suspicious that early on it was only Mythic players, and twitch streamers that got to take advantage of the "bad luck protection" bug that enabled users who already received a legendary to get 1,2, or even 3 legendaries within the first month while 99% of the active player base hadn't even received 1.

Many of these players have a full arsenal of legendaries to play around with/theorycraft. Meanwhile some of us are still hoping for that one GD legendary that makes the entire spec/design work.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by kamuimac View Post
    very fun addition to game - anyone who is semi serious about game is already collecting os legendaries for months now - only ones crying are people who play 15 alts on hardcore level and feel need to max out them all - and those are meaningless and nobody cares about them.
    This is beyond false. As someone who has moved from playing LFR exclusively back into organized raiding, I can tell you that this demonstrably false.

I am still working on fucking "Anger of the Half-Giants" the go to/must have for any Havoc spec. I hadn't received a legendary for MONTHS... and I just got my 3rd. The new 7.2.5 legendary ring.

I am most certainly NOT working on Off Spec legendaries.

This is the ENTIRE problem with the system. Some people... like yourself. Have been extremely lucky and have been able acquire multiple legendaries and are actually able to CHOOSE which when suits them best... or even more lucky to be able to swap them out for a given situation/fight/strategy/application. In which case I can imagine you are having a fucking blast... there are a great many of us still that are not that fortunate.

Quote Originally Posted by RoKPaNda View Post
    They're fine now after they made the changes to how legendaries work. Hopefully this legendary system continues into the next expansion.
    What are you even talking about? They work the same way they always did and some classes are just not viable without their best ones.
    RNG decides if you can play the game at all in this expantion and it sucks.

Quote Originally Posted by Pijips View Post
    you have been able to get a legendary a week for a while now, ~2 weeks if you don't grind everything. so..
    Funny, I haven't gotten one for over two weeks now. Time between the legendary i got a few weeks ago and the one before that was about a month(may have actually been 5 or 6 weeks). Some people don't have time to grind all the content to get a legendary a week or bi weekly.

You can't assume just because it's possible that everyone can do it. Some people lack the time or patience now to put that kind of effort in anymore.

I didn't have the time to grind for legendaries when I did for the beginning of the expansion, but i did it anyways....now that my main spec is in the garbage I don't have the patience to do it all over again. This system is literally turning me away from the game and I'm not the only one in that position.
    Last edited by RuneDK; 2017-07-17 at 10:14 PM.

5+ Year Old Account
    I wouldn't be opposed to a system similar to this expansions, along with two, maybe three, boss specific legendaries - this would also mean reducing the loot pool of "RNG" legendaries that we have available. So next Expansion we might see something like 10 lootable items similar to how they have been available this expansion, and then boss specific ones (idk, maybe something belonging to Azshara).

The RNG factor in the expansion was debilitating; with drops being completely hit and miss. For example, my Rogue had Will of Valeera and Denial of the Half-Giants. Despite running raids, M+, daily loots etc etc. I had nothing else. Logged on two weeks ago - had two new legendaries drop within 25 minutes of each other. Not a complaint, of course, but it just adds more of a headache when you need to repurpose your gear around more useful legendaries (for example one of the new ones I had drop were Mantle of the Master Assassin, which is great for Sub Rogues). I'm complaining for the sake of complaining, really - but the be-all is that this could have been more expertly planned out by Blizz.