Poll: So, what do you think of them?

Page 11 of 11 FirstFirst ...
    I would have rather they had been something you could actually visibly work towards, not a fucking random thing. It really doesn't even feel rewarding when it happens, it's just a god damn random occurrence.

I also wish that they had unique appearances. It would be cool to get an awesome looking item that wasn't designed to be part of a set. Kind of like the store helmets, or previous legendaries, except they're all sorts of different armor types.

Have any BIS legendaries [ ]
    Aggramar's Stride can suck my dick [x]

Quote Originally Posted by Haekke View Post
    Nope. Not even 11 months.
    yeah that feels more likely

too bad it's going to be another year before we can escape it

Quote Originally Posted by Molvonos View Post
    Aww. You need a hug?

There's nothing wrong with being a collector this expansion. RNG sucks, but it always has. Some people still don't have Ashes of A'lar, or the Ravenlord's mount.

They did something similar in WoD with the invasion mounts, the only difference was they were reskins of the other WoD mounts (pig/wolf/talbuck/etc).

Dreamweavers can be gotten via pve-p (albeit armored), stormdrake is just another drake, etc.

There is literally nothing new with how shit was handled this expac for collectors, just another coat of paint.

Edit: typo and a word
    Big difference between being done quickly for chance at [example, only takes 10 minutes tops, of which is all due to RP for Ashes of A'lar or Invincible off Arthas in ICC... even WoD's invasions are quickly done within a few minutes], vs having to do a lot of WQs over a fair amount of time thoughout the week(s) to get a chance of...

So no, it ain't "always been the same thing" as you put it... Blizzard could've at least made them tradable, instead they'd rather have you slave away at the game for a mere chance at. Fuck that. Been playing since TBC, and I've stopped playing Legion a few months back because I'm disgusted with the direction WoW's heading with all this RNG bullshit in literally everything now, all for Blizzard's pursuit to keep people playing as long and as much as possible.

The game isn't fun anymore, it's a fucking chore.
    Last edited by Daedius; 2017-07-22 at 03:37 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Overall, I like them. I like how the procs/effects change up my playstyle on some classes, and it's always nice to see those bold orange letters in my item-get toast. I totally understand why people are put off by the heavy RNG gating, though, but at least you can target specific slots with the Legionfall tokens and the upcoming Argus tokens to make it suck a bit less. Like, I get it. I disagree, but I get it.
    Be seeing you guys on Bloodsail Buccaneers NA!

Deleted
    I pretty much like them, I guess. Didn't have too much luck with RNG until now, but who cares, they're fun nonetheless.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by BeerWolf View Post
    Big difference between being done quickly for chance at [example, only takes 10 minutes tops, of which is all due to RP for Ashes of A'lar or Invincible off Arthas in ICC... even WoD's invasions are quickly done within a few minutes], vs having to do a lot of WQs over a fair amount of time thoughout the week(s) to get a chance of...

So no, it ain't "always been the same thing" as you put it... Blizzard could've at least made them tradable, instead they'd rather have you slave away at the game for a mere chance at. Fuck that. Been playing since TBC, and I've stopped playing Legion a few months back because I'm disgusted with the direction WoW's heading with all this RNG bullshit in literally everything now, all for Blizzard's pursuit to keep people playing as long and as much as possible.

The game isn't fun anymore, it's a fucking chore.
    So the reason why I bolded those in particular is because I want to draw attention to the flaw in your thought process.

Ashes, Invincible and WoD invasions are past content. Laughably so. They were not easy to farm and RNG wasn't any better (though I believe Arthas gave Invincible to everyone who participated in the cutting edge kills for Heroics, unsure) when they were current content. So yes, they were 'the same'. Rivendare's mount (Vanilla), Ravenlord (Burning Crusade), Blue Protodrake (Lich King), Stonedrake (Cataclysm) are more examples of 'RNG'

I compared WoD Garrison Invasions to Legion Rep-Chests. Rep-chests are easier to get. You could only do each invasion once a week, and it had to be Gold or Plat to get a chance at the mount. This wasn't easy to do if you weren't geared. I can solo all the rep chests, focus specifically on what I want to get, and farm away happily, getting gold/OR/Loot/AP along the way. There was fuckall for WoD invasions save for a piece of gear and stuff.

The game has always been a chore. In Vanilla, farming Hydrax Rep just to raid, farming Onyxia for scales just to be able to kill Nef, running through AQ40 without a mount because not all 40 people got theirs on the first go. Resist Gear, Skill Books, farming LBRS for ammo as a hunter...

Timbermaw Rep.

Farming the various Lotus variants.

GRINDING PVP RANKS (I stopped two ranks before Marshall or what have you).

The game is what you make it. It's always had stupid RNG, always will. This Expac had different RNG, in the form of Warforged. Warlords had fifty-million loot variations from every boss. I don't raid, I barely pvp. I'm 917 ilvl and enjoy the game thoroughly. I have since closed beta.

If you're having so many issues, like you've already stated since you've canceled your subscription, why're you creating so much tension/irritation for yourself even posting on the WoW-type forums?

**Edit: in italics
    Last edited by Molvonos; 2017-07-23 at 06:17 PM.
    Personal Preference and Opinions ≠ Facts, Truth, or Logic

Quote Originally Posted by Einst3in View Post
    well if you feel like quitting a class over a legendary, it wasn't the right class for you...
    Rogue main since tbc...

10+ Year Old Account
    I wish they'd gone another route with the legendaries.
    So many abilities from them should be baked in to the class baseline, as some classes just don't play as well without them (looking at you arms warriors, who even after a second huge nerf to the execute ring, STILL use it because the rest suck, and it helps rage generation).

I've always like EQ2's AA system, and wish Blizzard would do something like that.
    Quote Originally Posted by Vaerys View Post
    Gaze upon the field in which I grow my fucks, and see that it is barren.

Legendary!
    10+ Year Old Account
    OP epics with a different name color. Some sort of extended (tooltip isn't enough) lore about the thing would've been great.

Deleted
    They are one of the main reasons I quit, so not good.

10+ Year Old Account
    Even having most of the ones I want, I still hate the system. Its too much player power/QoL tied up in too much RNG and I seriously hope they do away with them in the next expansions.
    Appreciate your time with friends and family while they're here. Don't wait until they're gone to tell them what they mean to you.