Question ToS Ret Holy Relics

Since there are no Crusade relics in ToS, what is everyone putting in ashbringer? It looks like BoW might be the best alternative with the slim amount of AoE fights?

On that note, the sliverhand.net has "item level values" for each relic and trait but simming shows different results I am guessing thats just a baseline, however simming results will vary. I simmed a 915 BoW relic vs my 900 Crusade and the BoW did sim slightly higher but I'm skeptical about changing it.

Deleted
    I'd say BoW and Zeal ones are the best ones.

DS and TV are too situational... (either providing a good increase or none at all - base don how many enemies you face)

Or BrH... If you can still stand it

Madness will consume you!!!

Deleted
    I will copy a phrase seen in these forums before: Keep farming BRH till in is pot intoxication.

Quote Originally Posted by Reith View Post
    915 BoJ is worth replacing a 900 Crusade.
    Sometimes. It's very close, and blanket statements are very unhelpful this expansion. At that point, you'd need to sim based on your gear. 915 BoJ was a DPS loss over 900 Crusade for me.

Stood in the Fire
    10+ Year Old Account
    Canada, Northern Ontario (the French part)
    Quote Originally Posted by Azalea View Post
    Sometimes. It's very close, and blanket statements are very unhelpful this expansion. At that point, you'd need to sim based on your gear. 915 BoJ was a DPS loss over 900 Crusade for me.
    According to relic charts BoJ/DH relics are worth 14ilvl, AW/Crusade relics are worth 21ilvl. Just take relic ilvl and add the ilvl stated just now to it and you'll have the actual value of that relic. So 900ilvl AW relic is actually worth 921. 915 BoJ worth 929. I am currently running 2 BoJ holy relics (920 and 915 respectively) and a 935 AW Fire relic. That'll probably be your ideal setup for strictly ToS gear.

For reference about relic values:
    http://thesilverhand.net/retribution...t-relic-guide/

Other than that, like others have suggested, you can pray to RNGeesus and run a shitload of Anomaly in NH or Mythic+ BRH. Good luck.

Quote Originally Posted by xxcloud417xx View Post
    According to relic charts BoJ/DH relics are worth 14ilvl, AW/Crusade relics are worth 21ilvl. Just take relic ilvl and add the ilvl stated just now to it and you'll have the actual value of that relic. So 900ilvl AW relic is actually worth 921. 915 BoJ worth 929. I am currently running 2 BoJ holy relics (920 and 915 respectively) and a 935 AW Fire relic. That'll probably be your ideal setup for strictly ToS gear.

For reference about relic values:
    http://thesilverhand.net/retribution...t-relic-guide/

Other than that, like others have suggested, you can pray to RNGeesus and run a shitload of Anomaly in NH or Mythic+ BRH. Good luck.
    Yes. The relic chart is a helpful guide. But it is not 100% the rule, no exceptions. It will depend on your overall gear, as it is very close. It's fine if you are happy to follow it and not run sims yourself, but the best results will come from doing that. As I said, 915 BoJ was a DPS loss for me over 900 Crusade.

It's just not as cut and dry as you're making it out to be.

Yea, but if you happen to be out of melee range while crusade is up for a second, that relic just lost to a 915 boj

Quote Originally Posted by Nymrohd View Post
    I mean the guide makes the assumption of BiS gear.
    Actually, it doesn't make that assumption. The guide assumes t hat you have only 930-940 gear with no legendaries. It also assumes that you have no trinkets equipped at all. This is the the gear used in the sims in the guide:

head=armet_of_the_rotten_mind,id=147063,ilevel=935
    neck=string_of_extracted_incisors,id=147013,ilevel=930,enchant=mark_of_the_hidden_satyr
    shoulders=gravedredged_pauldrons,id=147070,ilevel=935
    back=radiant_lightbringer_cape,id=147158,ilevel=935,enchant=200str
    chest=radiant_lightbringer_breastplate,id=147157,ilevel=935
    wrists=vambraces_of_resolute_justice,id=147074,ilevel=935
    hands=radiant_lightbringer_gauntlets,id=147159,ilevel=935
    waist=soulrenders_greatbelt,id=147072,ilevel=940
    legs=radiant_lightbringer_greaves,id=147161,ilevel=935
    feet=steadfast_purifiers_warboots,id=147060,ilevel=935
    finger1=seal_of_the_second_duumvirate,id=147195,ilevel=940,enchant=200haste
    finger2=yathaes_thumb_ring,id=147021,ilevel=935,enchant=200haste
    trinket1=
    trinket2=
    main_hand=ashbringer,id=120978,bonus_id=737,gem_id=147097/147088/147097,relic_id=1477:3563/3563/1477:3563
    That gear setup greatly devalues the WotA relics as our two best legendaries, Chain of Thrayn and Liadrin's Fury, are not used. I tried swapping out that gearset with my own gear set (4P T20, 2P T19, Chain of Thrayn, Liadrin's Fury, Infernal Cinders, Cradle of Anguish) to see how the new BoJ fixes would impact relic choices and got these results:
    Wrath of the Ashbringer (AW/Crusade Duration): +27 ilvl
    Deliver the Justice/Righteous Verdict (BoJ/BH Damage): +16 ilvl
    Might of the Templar (TV Damage): +11 ilvl
    Sharpened Edge (CS/Zeal Crit): +4 ilvl
    You can view the simc output at imgur lmNR0p7.png . I can't post images yet.

Your own personal results with your own gear may be slightly different, but it is clear that thesilverhand.net's relic guide greatly undervalues WotA, even with the new BoJ/CS/Zeal buffs. Thankfully, the guide's authors make it very easy to sim yourself with your own gear.