Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst
    Quote Originally Posted by Dukenukemx View Post
    People here are confusing narrow AI with sentient AI. Musk is talking about narrow AI and he's afraid of what would happen when a greedy person abuses AI to make a lot of bad decisions. Like call the Petersons until they buy your brand fabric softer to Tweet Trump propaganda in how those Chinese sons of bitches are going down so that he actually goes to war with China in order to improve your companies stock value. Again, it's not the AI but the people behind that AI that will abuse the tech.
    You mean robocalls that ALREADY HAPPEN?! OH NOES.
    Everyone has an addiction. If they say they don't, ask them if they have a smartphone.
    -Steve the Security Guard

Quote Originally Posted by judgementofantonidas View Post
    It is just common sense that allowing AI to develope too far is risking the removal of the human species by a more intelligent, logical creation.
    And so... why is that a bad thing? :P

There is a speech given by a fictional character that co-created conscious AI(Dr.Ford from Westworld):

"Welcome. Good evening. Since I was a child... I've always loved a good story. I believed that stories helped us to ennoble ourselves, to fix what was broken in us, and to help us become the people we dreamed of being. Lies that told a deeper truth.

I always thought I could play some small part in that grand tradition. And for my pains... I got this... a prison of our own sins. 'Cause you don't want to change. Or cannot change. Because you're only human, after all. But then I realized someone was paying attention, someone who could change. So I began to compose a new story for them. It begins with the birth of a new people... and the choices they will have to make...and the people they will decide to become.

And we'll have all those things that you have always enjoyed... Surprises and violence. It begins in a time of war with a villain named Wyatt... and a killing. This time by choice.

I'm sad to say... this will be my final story.

An old friend once told me something that gave me great comfort.

Something he had read. He said that Mozart, Beethoven, and Chopin never died. They simply became music. So, I hope you will enjoy this last piece... very much."
    I think that is probably a pretty accurate statement. We seem to change a day late.
    Last edited by Connal; 2017-07-17 at 09:49 PM.

I fear an AI designed with human emotions. The aim shouldn't be to create a human-in-a-box as it's not only dangerous but also unethical.
    To declare that a personal, inner experience gives certainty about the workings of the universe is to assign far too much value to one’s subjective sense of conviction.
    I’m not that arrogant.

The brain, marvelous instrument though it is, isn’t infallible. It can misfire, seize or hallucinate, and it can do so in a way that’s utterly indistinguishable from reality to the person experiencing it.

Warchief
    Cant wait until the NRA campaigns for AI's right to bear arms.

Quote Originally Posted by Connal View Post
    Personally, I don’t think an AI takeover is such a bad thing, in aggregate Human Intelligence seems to be an oxymoron nowadays. And it seems to be getting worse in some segments of society.
    No matter if there are some bad apples, i would like to keep my freedom.

Well, AI isnt there yet. But it is on its best way and getting stronger every day.

Hahaha no I disagree, we don't need to regulate AI, because unlike some SyFy Fans machines are not suddenly become self aware. Being self aware would mean that a intelligence has the ability to not only consider it's own existence, but it would also have to have the will and freedom to make it's own choices.

I mean otherwise we might need to consider like rights for A.I otherwise it would just be slavery.
    Can gods bleed? I mean to find out! MallSecurity MallTube