Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst
1
2
  1. #21
    The Insane Mayhem's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2008
    Location
    pending...
    Posts
    17,603
    Quote Originally Posted by Puupi View Post
    You type in your phone number, you get a verification code text message to your phone.
    Ah, derp, sooo all you have to do is borrow someones phone and you're in? Alternatively you could use virtual phone numbers...

    About as secure as every other age verification.
    Quote Originally Posted by ash
    So, look um, I'm not a grief counselor, but if it's any consolation, I have had to kill and bury loved ones before.

    A bunch of times actually.

  2. #22
    The Insane Puupi's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2009
    Location
    Finland
    Posts
    15,087
    Quote Originally Posted by Mayhem View Post
    Ah, derp, sooo all you have to do is borrow someones phone and you're in? Alternatively you could use virtual phone numbers...

    About as secure as every other age verification.
    Would you borrow your phone for that?

    It's just as secure as any other online government​ verification.
    Quote Originally Posted by Sulla View Post
    Oh yah, Puupi is an insufferable assclown. Don't shitpost and act shocked when you get called on it.
    Quote Originally Posted by Hammerfest View Post
    I prefer "enclosed creationist" but yeah, I'm a flat earther.

  3. #23
    The Insane Mayhem's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2008
    Location
    pending...
    Posts
    17,603
    Quote Originally Posted by Puupi View Post
    Would you borrow your phone for that?

    It's just as secure as any other online government​ verification.
    I presume they don't collect data about the owner of the phone number, so sure.

    How is it a government verification? The government part is about you getting a phone number not you being actually the person using the phone at the time of verification.
    Quote Originally Posted by ash
    So, look um, I'm not a grief counselor, but if it's any consolation, I have had to kill and bury loved ones before.

    A bunch of times actually.

  4. #24
    The Insane Puupi's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2009
    Location
    Finland
    Posts
    15,087
    Quote Originally Posted by Mayhem View Post
    I presume they don't collect data about the owner of the phone number, so sure.

    How is it a government verification? The government part is about you getting a phone number not you being actually the person using the phone at the time of verification.
    Actually I described the thing wrong. I forgot how it really was.

    The system is that you need a VKontakte (Russian Facebook) account to use PornHub. To create a VKontakte account you need to verify your real identity with your phone number. The only way to get a phone number in Russia is via official ID and the phone number is registered to your identity.
    Quote Originally Posted by Sulla View Post
    Oh yah, Puupi is an insufferable assclown. Don't shitpost and act shocked when you get called on it.
    Quote Originally Posted by Hammerfest View Post
    I prefer "enclosed creationist" but yeah, I'm a flat earther.

  5. #25
    The Lightbringer Seiko Sora's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Location
    Moetopia
    Posts
    3,672
    May needs to get laid

  6. #26
    The Insane Mayhem's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2008
    Location
    pending...
    Posts
    17,603
    Quote Originally Posted by Puupi View Post
    Actually I described the thing wrong. I forgot how it really was.

    The system is that you need a VKontakte (Russian Facebook) account to use PornHub. To create a VKontakte account you need to verify your real identity with your phone number. The only way to get a phone number in Russia is via official ID and the phone number is registered to your identity.
    Ok, that's different.
    Quote Originally Posted by ash
    So, look um, I'm not a grief counselor, but if it's any consolation, I have had to kill and bury loved ones before.

    A bunch of times actually.

  7. #27
    Go ask the Japanese what happened when they tried to regulate peoples sex lives. It led to incredibly repressed generation of people and low birth rates. This is INSANELY stupid.
    http://raptr.com/puremallace/about

    What has been made by QQ can be unmade by QQ!!!

  8. #28
    Quote Originally Posted by Puremallace View Post
    Go ask the Japanese what happened when they tried to regulate peoples sex lives. It led to incredibly repressed generation of people and low birth rates. This is INSANELY stupid.
    Yeah, that's not what's happened.
    Quote Originally Posted by ChampionChains View Post
    I apologize for my mistake, you're a kpop fan which is borderline worse than pedophilia.

  9. #29
    Quote Originally Posted by Puupi View Post
    It's just as secure as any other online government​ verification.
    Yeah... no, its not. In Estonia verification is done using id card reader (used to be given for free almost a decade years ago when whole thing started, now it costs few euro). You need to put in your id card and enter pin code. When you are done doing stuff, remove id card from reader. That is used for accessing any online government websites and for banking.

    Don't confuse phone verification done by third parties with actual government verification.
    But the Russians rigged it! When I was entering the polling booth, intent on voting for Hillary, this guy in a Putin T-shirt with a funny accent said "Machine, how you say? out of calibration. Must press Trump to vote Hillary." I said, "O, spacibo comrade" and hit the Trump button. Only later did I realize the guy might have been Russian!

  10. #30
    The Insane Puupi's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2009
    Location
    Finland
    Posts
    15,087
    Quote Originally Posted by Binki View Post
    Yeah... no, its not. In Estonia verification is done using id card reader (used to be given for free almost a decade years ago when whole thing started, now it costs few euro). You need to put in your id card and enter pin code. When you are done doing stuff, remove id card from reader. That is used for accessing any online government websites and for banking.

    Don't confuse phone verification done by third parties with actual government verification.
    If the phone is officially linked to an ID, yes it is equal.
    Quote Originally Posted by Sulla View Post
    Oh yah, Puupi is an insufferable assclown. Don't shitpost and act shocked when you get called on it.
    Quote Originally Posted by Hammerfest View Post
    I prefer "enclosed creationist" but yeah, I'm a flat earther.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •