Page 19 of 19 FirstFirst ...
    Quote Originally Posted by Dug View Post
    This is such dumb logic. "You would hate him even if he did everything you asked because reasons!" People hate him because they don't like his policies plain and simple.
    Maybe initially, but not any more.

Quote Originally Posted by Heladys View Post
    Maybe initially, but not any more.
    True enough but really it's all hypothetical. There is no "You'd have him if he changed overnight!" because that is never going to happen ever so his one and only time to win over "the left" was during the campaign. Had he run on a liberal platform and ran democrat maybe he wouldn't have gotten the nomination but people certainly wouldn't hate him... well at least liberals wouldn't.

Quote Originally Posted by Resurgo View Post
    well to be fair, they did both suck...

One fair assessment came from a slightly right of center friend of mine was this; Maybe Trump is needed to be our political chemotherapy?
    What would be the cancer in this analogy?
    Quote Originally Posted by Zantos View Post
    There are no 2 species that are 100% identical.
    Quote Originally Posted by Redditor
    can you leftist twits just fucking admit that quantum mechanics has fuck all to do with thermodynamics, that shit is just a pose?

Quote Originally Posted by Garnier Fructis View Post
    What would be the cancer in this analogy?
    my assumption was the republican party, though I'd lump both parties in with that.

Quote Originally Posted by Kafyr View Post
    California is a big state, most of the population is socal. Hence the designation. People in northern California, don't vote that way. How do you think they feel when their votes don't mater, like another poster said that their Texan vote doesn't matter. I pay tax's in laguna nigel, does that give me the right to vote on cali issues even though I'm in New Hampshire?
    So why not get rid of the garbage EC system and use the direct popular vote? That way it's one vote per person, period.

The WTA rule means that something like 30-40% of the electorate's vote is discarded every election.
    Quote Originally Posted by Tojara View Post
    Look Batman really isn't an accurate source by any means
    Quote Originally Posted by Hooked View Post
    It is a fact, not just something I made up.

Quote Originally Posted by Felya View Post
    Wait... did you just say the right is fighting the media for keeping Trump accountable? While calling others idiots? What?

By the way, the origin of the word idiot is the antithesis of how you are using it:

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Idiot

Also, valley speak doesn't work well in text. Ending up with you calling your self an idiot, by saying "I'm like ur all idiots".
    I didn't say the right r fighting the media for keeping trump accountable, I said the media say something stupid and the left justify it as they r keeping trump accountable just like the right justify trump's stupid tweets and comments as punching back when it's unpresidential and pointless. My point is the whole thing is a giant WWE match between the left/media and the right/trump. The media get ratings and trump is playing to his base and the only losers r the American ppl.

U all r welcome to defend ur parties but the left has been as destructive over the past 8 years as they r saying trump will be for the next 8. And the whole time obama has been in office the right said we can fix this we can fix this, then when they get their chance they r like we got nothing. Let's double down on obama care and trim around the edges. And the American ppl have been losing this whole time.

Quote Originally Posted by Mormolyce View Post
    So why not get rid of the garbage EC system and use the direct popular vote? That way it's one vote per person, period.

The WTA rule means that something like 30-40% of the electorate's vote is discarded every election.
    OR... apply some sort of scaling based on population within the electoral college system? The voting power of some schmuck in Wyoming should not be greater than the voting power of some schmuck in California.
    Stains on the carpet and stains on the memory
    Songs about happiness murmured in dreams
    When we both of us knew how the end always is...

This is what happens when school systems fail and those in power spend an entire generation pushing the: "We're good they're literally baby eaters" mentality (which both sides do).
    What is best in life? Bashin' stuff of course.

Herald of the Titans Flarelaine's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by BuckSparkles View Post
    Makes it hard for conservatives to win the popular vote.

Which, again, is why I am glad we have a system that prevents them from deciding every single election.
    Heaven forbid people should decide an election...

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Wyrt View Post
    He's alt-right, so he's in favor of anything that fucks over everyone else.
    More precisely, in favor of anything that fucks others over even if he is also fucked.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Garnier Fructis View Post
    How off the rails are you that you think this is even remotely close to what happens in schools?
    Clearly he has not been affected much by that experience.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Cherise View Post
    However hes clearly keeping hes election promises which is after all why people voted for him.
    What's Hillary's cell number, again?

Quote Originally Posted by Cherise View Post
    He is actually and I admit, he isn't even doing most of it on purpose. Just look around you, he's exposing the authoritarian extreme left who has had a free run for so long everwhere. It has become ok to speak about issues again without the left being able to shut you down simply by yelling their buzzwords.. and because the left has forgotten how to debate, they are losing big and it's mostly thanks to Trump. Other than that though, as long as he gets rid of ACA, regulates immigration better and lowers taxes, hes ok in my book. I personally don't really care about the other issues.. oh and sends people to Mars.

- - - Updated - - -

Yea my mistake... not sure why I said 3 months to be honest. Still 6 months out of 4 years is nothing.
    Trump is the most authoritarian President since FDR. Most of his stated policies push for more government, not less.