Diablo style "hardcore" game mode in WoW

Do you think blizzard as a fun event can introduce permanent dead "hardcore" mode in WoW? Do you think it could make sense? The major thing missing is the fact that you can not grind lower level content many times out-gearing your current level content to minimize risk of dead.

Do you think it could be fun to have such events or servers? And what kind of game-play and strategy would it bring for players and guilds?

Quote Originally Posted by Xjev View Post
    Do you think blizzard as a fun event can introduce permanent dead "hardcore" mode in WoW? Do you think it could make sense? The major thing missing is the fact that you can not grind lower level content many times out-gearing your current level content to minimize risk of dead.

Do you think it could be fun to have such events or servers? And what kind of game-play and strategy would it bring for players and guilds?
    It would only really be viable on PvE realms, because the griefers would flock to that game mode and prevent people getting out of the level 1-10 zones.

[QUOTE=Xjev;46548133]Do you think blizzard as a fun event can introduce permanent dead "hardcore" mode in WoW? Do you think it could make sense? The major thing missing is the fact that you can not grind lower level content many times out-gearing your current level content to minimize risk of dead.

Do you think it could be fun to have such events or servers? And what kind of game-play and strategy would it bring for players and guilds?[/QUOTE
    Fuck Diablo. If i wanted to play that I will. Quit bringing shit over from Diablo to WOW
    Non nobis Domine, non nobis, sed nomini tuo da gloriam

10+ Year Old Account

I doubt that there could be any profit in it, overall. I do see a lot of Ironman, but making content specificly for people whom WILL die before seeing it all, I don't think would be a good business plan.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Butler Log View Post
    It would only really be viable on PvE realms, because the griefers would flock to that game mode and prevent people getting out of the level 1-10 zones.
    And it would ruin RPpvp servers, for the same reason. As well as ruin RP servers if they were to have an influx of people whom aren't really going to benefit the community much.
    FOMO: "Fear Of Missing Out", also commonly known as people with a mental issue of managing time and activities, many expecting others to fit into their schedule so they don't miss out on things to come. If FOMO becomes a problem for you, do seek help, it can be a very unhealthy lifestyle..

10+ Year Old Account
    Do you think it could make sense?
    No. No one would ever group up for anything. If it were an "event" for a day or two I doubt that anyone would even log in.
    "...money's most powerful ability is to allow bad people to continue doing bad things at the expense of those who don't have it."

7+ Year Old Account
    Only if healers are removed from these servers / modes. There are an outstanding amount of assholes in this community who will roll healer just so they can refuse to heal any DPS they wish, wasting peoples time on purpose "for the luls".

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Daevelian View Post
    Only if healers are removed from these servers / modes. There are an outstanding amount of assholes in this community who will roll healer just so they can refuse to heal any DPS they wish, wasting peoples time on purpose "for the luls".
    Just like there is an amount of DPS whom would refuse to assist a healer, or CC - most likely refuse to do CC/stun/interrupts.
    FOMO: "Fear Of Missing Out", also commonly known as people with a mental issue of managing time and activities, many expecting others to fit into their schedule so they don't miss out on things to come. If FOMO becomes a problem for you, do seek help, it can be a very unhealthy lifestyle..

10+ Year Old Account
    Oh hell no. No. no no no.

Diablo is a game of personal responsibility (since it lacks dedicated healers) - if you die, it's your own fucking fault. World of Warcraft is a game that requires a high level of cooperation for the group to succeed. You can't put that kind of feature in place in a game like this.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Daevelian View Post
    You pull it, you solotank it. If too retarded to get it, play your proper game like CSGO. Fuck I so love Neural Silencer and my GF as the dependable healer. Assholes like you get their punishment swiftly and inevitably.

Infracted
    Last edited by Darsithis; 2017-07-17 at 04:31 PM.

Game doesn't work that way. You are supposed to die.
    Owner of ONEAzerothTV
    Tanking, Blood DK Mythic+ Pugging, Soloing and WoW Challenges alongside other discussions about all things in World of Warcraft
    ONEAzerothTV

Haven't I seen this thread before, very recently.

Game is too easy to have this mode outside of everything but raiding.

I think an Ironman Mode where you can't use AH, Queue interfaces could be interesting. Like what runescape has.

7+ Year Old Account

Stop Introducing Diablo-esk style things Into WoW, It's already been poisoned with too much randomness everywhere, loot crate drops from overwatch and legendary drops from diablo 3 as well, and a story similar to Starcraft now.

Be original Blizz, that's what I want.
    Permabanned on WoW since April 14th 2015, main acc I had since vanilla gone and trashed for no good reason, 6+ years later still banned with more appeals resulting in my BATTLENET games being suspended for a month eachtime I try making TICKETS because I'm asking for help with the perma ban. Blizzard has stopped caring for their first veteran players and would rather we leave, considering the Lawsuit, can you afford to keep peps banned even for so long under questionable circumstances?

No, it could not be fun.
    No, it should not be done.
    No, it does not make sense.

I think this could be a cool "micro holiday" length event where for a couple of days you play with the "die and your done" ruleset. Either a new content area, or leveling up from lvl 1 with accelerated leveling.

If you make it to 110 you get to keep your character for the main game. This could be a cool alternative to paying $60 for accelerated leveling. And being a micro holiday, you cant do it very often.

This would likely be a lot more work to implement then its worth because several things would need to happen:

1. They would have to build a whole new zone/"island" area for it, complete with things to do there. (how long did they string out the sparse current "island" content and that's main game).
    2. They would have to revamp the leveling process and or build a system to where you can quickly level from 1 to max withing the few days of the holiday. (they cant even take the time to do this for the main game).
    3. This would have to be instanced content where somehow your character is copied for this micro holiday and if you die you can no longer participate but you dont actually lose your character you've been working on for years. Theres no way in hell anyone would take their 110 with 300+ days played into the game for this.

edit: at the end of the day, probably not worth it.
    Last edited by nukie; 2017-07-17 at 04:54 PM.

Let me pay monthly do die permanently.

Sure.

Utterly nonsensical idea.

10+ Year Old Account
    Nearby, preventing you from fast traveling.
    Event? As in I'll be forced to partake or will have to remain offline? No thanks.