Deleted

Runescape 3 and Oldschool Runescape are coming to mobile

RuneScape will soon be available on mobile devices.

That’s right – RuneScape. The game you know and love, on your phone or tablet, with a mobile-optimised interface and cross-platform play between mobile and desktop versions. Your game, your character, anywhere.

If you’re as excited as we are, join the conversation at #RSMobile.

Old School Mobile is coming this winter, with RuneScape Mobile hot on its heels in 2018.

Register now for your chance to take part in the closed betas, and to stay up to date with every bit of RS Mobile news.

Source: https://www.runescape.com/info/mobile

7+ Year Old Account
    I think it's hilarious that Old School is coming first- they definitely know their audience.
    Network Administrator with a desire to be creative. MCSE Server 2016, A+, Network+ certified and an avid gamer.
    Aorus Xtreme RTX 2080 Ti | i9 9900X@ 4.6ghz custom loop | Level 120 Void Elf Protection Warrior.

10+ Year Old Account
    Feels good man. Might pick it up again. RS is just one of those games I can play for a few months, put it down simply because I am done for this time, and come back to it later on, after a few years. (the old school variant). Unlike wow which pissed me off, I never felt mad at Jagex or RS over design decisions or content. Maybe its because I quit before the removal of wild and free trade and avoided and only played again in 2012 for like 3 months, only to quit again and go back 2 years ago for OSRS. Stopped about a year ago, but may pick it up again when I have time.
    Last edited by GennGreymane; 2017-07-17 at 05:05 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Zerroth View Post
    I think it's hilarious that Old School is coming first- they definitely know their audience.
    Because in all seriousness, OSRS is easier to implement to a mobile platform. Not only in game data size, but also performance. OSRS is literally a game from 2004, where RS3 has had several graphical improvements that make it a lot more demanding.

Awesome, ill be giving it a go.

Signed up for the beta.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Zerroth View Post
    OSRS is coming first because it can run on a notebook (I am talking about a real notebook not a small laptop). The controls are also super simple compared to RS3 where it plays like a hotkey MMO.

Also both versions keep about the same amount of player's most of the time so...
    Check me out....Im └(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┐└(-.-)┐ Dancing, Im └(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┐└(-.-)┐ Dancing.
    My Gaming PC: MSI Trident 3 - i7-10700F - RTX 4060 8GB - 32GB DDR4 - 1TB M.2SSD

Quote Originally Posted by GennGreymane View Post
    Feels good man. Might pick it up again. RS is just one of those games I can play for a few months, put it down simply because I am done for this time, and come back to it later on, after a few years
    Literally me since 2001, the game is always fun to check out and return to for new stuff and see how the game has progressed. A fun game that many of us have touched at least once

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Linri View Post
    Literally me since 2001, the game is always fun to check out and return to for new stuff and see how the game has progressed. A fun game that many of us have touched at least once

to add

I looked at RS3. I couldn't stand it. I went in thinkin, yeah this is a diff game, but thats okay. Horrible UI, the graphical style is bad IMO and it just felt really wrong. Like the game engine and the game design are in a huge clash.

OSRS literally picks up where I left off in 2007. (I quit for wow then), and I don't remember much from 2012 because I played it only for a few hours.

Quote Originally Posted by GennGreymane View Post
    to add

I looked at RS3. I couldn't stand it. I went in thinkin, yeah this is a diff game, but thats okay. Horrible UI, the graphical style is bad IMO and it just felt really wrong. Like the game engine and the game design are in a huge clash.

OSRS literally picks up where I left off in 2007. (I quit for wow then), and I don't remember much from 2012 because I played it only for a few hours.
    Ya I personally hate RS3 because it just removed the things I liked about RS. It become to much like a hotkey MMO, but the graphics tho are amazing.

Took all my gear and sold it in the GE for some bonds for sub time. Been having a lot of fun playing OSRS and I love how big content updates are community driven. Like recently they just polled if Castle Wars should be in f2p and it passed so now it will be.
    Check me out....Im └(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┐└(-.-)┐ Dancing, Im └(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┐└(-.-)┐ Dancing.
    My Gaming PC: MSI Trident 3 - i7-10700F - RTX 4060 8GB - 32GB DDR4 - 1TB M.2SSD

I have to wonder how on earth they could do that for RS3. Skilling is one thing, you click the thing and wait for it to fall over. Old School combat is also one thing, you click the thing and wait for it to fall over. But like people have said, RS3 plays like a hotkey MMO and has customizable interfaces that, when I'm using my combat preset, take up most of my monitor. How's that going to fit on a mobile device?

Last edited by Powerogue; 2017-07-22 at 05:41 PM.
    Quote Originally Posted by Aucald View Post
    Having the authority to do a thing doesn't make it just, moral, or even correct.

Deleted
    Well you can still use Legacy combat in RS3.