Page 1 of 3
LastLast

Who's your favorite TV show character?

Simple thread really - tell us your favorite TV show character and why, can be as obscure or minor a character as you like.

For me it's DCI Gene Hunt from the BBC series' Life on Mars and Ashes to Ashes. Essentially he is an old fashioned, no nonsense DCI who is stuck in a supernatural world designed to keep deceased Police Officers in limbo who are unable to come to terms with their death. They are set in 1973 and 1981-3 respectively, definitely worth watching if you like detective shows.

A close second is Frank Lundy from Dexter, I don't know why but every time he was on screen he has 100% of my focus, he was cool as hell. Finally my third pick is Chin Ho Kelly from the new Hawaii 5-0, while many people call that series cheesey, I always love his character plus Daniel Dae Kim is great in every role he plays.

What about you guys

Raylan Givens and Boyd Crowder(Justified). The modern day gunslinger with a dry wit vs what seems to be your typical "good ol' backwoods boy" bad guy until you find out how intelligent, well spoken, driven, and dangerous he really is.

Al Swearengen(Deadwood):Ian McShane absolutely KILLED it in his role as the real like figure of Swearengen. He's ruthless, a pimp, a bully, a murderer, a thief, and blackmailer, and yet, you find it really hard to hate the guy, and by the end of the series, you find yourself SIDING with him. The writing of the role and the performance by McShane is phenomenal, it's intelligent, at times funny, at times dark, at times poignant and at times brutal, but always brilliant.

Doctor Who, of course.
    'This community deserves an apology'.
    Quote Originally Posted by Teriz View Post
    No, the obvious fact is that this tweet supports the other evidence that Blizzard has no intention of ever implementing this class [demon hunter].
    Aye, I have an ever-growing canon of misery and negativity. Like this, this, this, this, this and this.

I have always felt a strange relation to gonzo... If I was a Muppet I'd be Gonzo

Patrick .

John Locke -LOST
    Gregory House -House

Ron Swanson

Walter Bishop - Fringe
    Rodney McKay - Stargate Atlantis
    Londo Mollari - Babylon 5
    Tig - Sons of Anarchy
    Pennsatucky - Orange is the New Black
    Tyrion Lannister - Game of Thrones
    Quote Originally Posted by Sulla View Post
    Oh yah, Puupi is an insufferable assclown. Don't shitpost and act shocked when you get called on it.
    Quote Originally Posted by Hammerfest View Post
    I prefer "enclosed creationist" but yeah, I'm a flat earther.

Captain Jack Harkness

Quote Originally Posted by Nymrohd View Post
    Captain Jack Harkness
    Sexy coat and all.

Dr. Who
    Operative from Serenity
    And brag about it.

A bastion of righteousness in a darkened galaxy. Valiant defender of the weak. Courageous and unyielding in the face of adversity. A fountain of wisdom to the young, a father to his men.

If there's any fictional character that inspired - no, impacted me the most, it was Patrick Stewart's portrayal of Jean Luc Picard.

- - - - - - - - - - - - - - Paladin / Warrior / My Anime List - - - - - - - - - - - - -

House and Sandor Clegane (The Hound).

Both are real cynics to their world but one is comedic while the other is filled with anger. They know how the world is and make no attempts to sugar-coat it, that's what I really love about them.
    Last edited by kail; 2017-07-18 at 08:04 AM.
    The wise wolf who's pride is her wisdom isn't so sharp as drunk.

Rodney McKay (Stargate: Atlantis)
    Raymond Reddington (The Blacklist)
    Hannibal Lector (Hannibal)

Fonzie (Happy Days)
    Del Boy (Only Fools and Horses)
    Frank Underwood (House of Cards)
    A life with no changes can’t be called life. You can only call it experience. Lelouch Vi Britannia. (Code Geass)
    I refuse to be a slave of fate! I will be the master of my own future! Shir Gold. (Phantasy Star 2)
    Being second is to be the first of the ones who lose. Ayrton Senna. (3 times Formula 1 World Champion)

Opie - Sons of Anarchy.
    Ronon Dex - Stargate Atlantis
    Vasilly Fet - The Strain
    Tommy Egan - Power
    "There are no substitutes for violence of action and volume of fire. Move forward and shoot, always forward and shooting. The enemy will choose to fight and die or live and run either way move forward and shoot and he will fear you absolutely."
    - Otto Skoernzy

Frank - It's Always Sunny In Philadelphia

"I'm the trash man!"

Red - Orange is the New Black
    Captain Janeway - Star Trek Voyager

Coincidentally both played by Kate Mulgrew.

I have a thing for strong women that aren't written as either weak or overly macho.
    Quote Originally Posted by TheRaven
    Nevermore

Forever this guy !

Best mobster ever.