10+ Year Old Account

Relinquished relic RNG?

Has anyone noticed the nethershard relics not upgrading?
    I just spent 200,000 shards on 40 relics. Of those 40, two upgraded only 5 levels.
    Nothing above 885.

Just RNG being a total jerk? Seems like in the past I've seen the other gear from that vendor titanforge quite a bit.
    Last edited by Iannis; 2017-07-17 at 06:57 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Iannis View Post
    I just spent 200,000 shards on 40 relics. Of those 40, two upgraded only 5 levels.
    Nothing above 885.

Just RNG being a total jerk? Seems like in the past I've seen the other gear from that vendor titanforge quite a bit.
    It's just random numbers being random.
    Beta Club Brosquad

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Iannis View Post
    Nothing above 885.

RNG just being RNG, mean and evil.
    FOMO: "Fear Of Missing Out", also commonly known as people with a mental issue of managing time and activities, many expecting others to fit into their schedule so they don't miss out on things to come. If FOMO becomes a problem for you, do seek help, it can be a very unhealthy lifestyle..

What a waste, should have spent them on trinkets. Relics are much easier to get drop or get given.

I just got ilvl 900 pants with a socket for my warrior the other day, so it just sounds like really bad RNG for you.

Just to show, forgot they removed the Activity tab though...

Edit, also realized you said relic specifically. Did get an 890 for that also the other day, but it was a relic I already had a 900 for, so it was off specced into Arms.

Also don't judge the unxmoged shoulders, I forgot to fix that.

Confirmed the relics can't titanforge. I think.
    Owner of ONEAzerothTV
    Tanking, Blood DK Mythic+ Pugging, Soloing and WoW Challenges alongside other discussions about all things in World of Warcraft
    ONEAzerothTV

If anyone doesn't think Blizzard is turning knobs all the time, they are delusional.

It's very likely that different activities/sources of drops have different chances to upgrade. For example, I've done hundreds of M+ with my crew now and we notice maybe 1 in 10-15 pieces titanforge. When we RBG'd a lot, that number was very close to 1 in 3 (and this is with lots of gear, not single, double digit). In general, PvP seems to have a very high chance to upgrade in some manner.

I would not be surprised if relinquished relics specifically are very unlikely to TF. Hell, doing the netherportal boss farming and getting swarmed with gear the highest I've ever seen a dauntless piece TF is 15 ilevels.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by NoobistTV-Metro View Post
    Confirmed the relics can't titanforge. I think.
    I'm afraid they can, yesterday I got a 910 relinquished titanforged relic.

Quote Originally Posted by Rush2803 View Post
    I'm afraid they can, yesterday I got a 910 relinquished titanforged relic.
    I know it was sarcasm. So many people think not getting lucky means it's impossible.
    Owner of ONEAzerothTV
    Tanking, Blood DK Mythic+ Pugging, Soloing and WoW Challenges alongside other discussions about all things in World of Warcraft
    ONEAzerothTV

How the heck did you have 200k nethershards in the first place is what I want to know? Exactly how much time do you spend in that zone farming every day??

Got a 900 blood relic on my feral about 3 weeks or so back. Just bad luck man.

Quote Originally Posted by Tolian View Post
    How the heck did you have 200k nethershards in the first place is what I want to know? Exactly how much time do you spend in that zone farming every day??
    Doing invasions, killing the rare elites on the island, farming Sentinax when it was a thing, opening treasure chests, the class hall mission, and/or getting lucky with the gambling area. It's not that hard to save them up, especially if you planned on spending them after 7.2.5 released.
    I stopped doing most of those things actively, only when I'm bored, and I've gotten about 15,000 over a few days of doing almost nothing.

Quote Originally Posted by Tolian View Post
    I have 448k right now and I've never farmed Sentinax. I've just never spent any shards on anything besides the tabard, toys, and pets.
    The most difficult thing to do is accept that there is nothing wrong with things you don't like and accept that people can like things you don't.