View Poll Results: PEOPLE YOU MAY KNOW How do you feel about it?

Voters
7. This poll is closed
  • I like it I love to be linked to others I might know

0 0%
  • I don't like it, but it doesn't bother me.

5 71.43%
  • I hate it, because I am generally anti social

2 28.57%
  • I like it, but it should be easy turned off.

0 0%
    10+ Year Old Account

People you may know?

I am not a facebook addict, and use if sparingly, and obviously this isn't new and ad ons do exist to make them disappear same with Twitter, but how do you feel about it in general?

Honestly if I had wanted to be recommended to be friends with too many of these assholes, I am sure we would have been friends already.

Also why do you think Facebook and others still might do this shit IF PEOPLE generally hate it.
    Milli Vanilli, Bigger than Elvis

Deleted
    Perhaps social media isn't for you

Quote Originally Posted by Mall Security View Post
    I am not a facebook addict, and use if sparingly, and obviously this isn't new and ad ons do exist to make them disappear same with Twitter, but how do you feel about it in general?

Honestly if I had wanted to be recommended to be friends with too many of these assholes, I am sure we would have been friends already.

Also why do you think Facebook and others still might do this shit IF PEOPLE generally hate it.
    I like it, it lets me keep in touch with my family that's spread all over. Maybe that's why I don't have issues with it I don't friend a bunch of people that I have no interest in.

People friend everyone, someone they never talk too but was in the same high school with, why? People like that would just clutter my news feed against people I actually care about.

I also don't spend all day on it like some people.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by zenkai View Post
    I like it, it lets me keep in touch with my family that's spread all over. Maybe that's why I don't have issues with it I don't friend a bunch of people that I have no interest in.

People friend everyone, someone they never talk too but was in the same high school with, why? People like that would just clutter my news feed against people I actually care about.

I also don't spend all day on it like some people.
    Yeah, but then when you do accept or if there was an option to deny, why should it keep asking you?

As for the spending all day, neither do I, but when I click the x button, I notice they come back, same with commendations on YouTube.

I don't like it strictly because it never suggests people I do know really. Not even "friends in common", there's nothing to link to them.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by det View Post
    I don't even...

How do you know that people generally hate it? And why are you so angry (especially since it isn't new and there are ways to disable it)
    I already mentioned ways to disable it, but that isn't the point, the question has to do with the over fact it exist and how people feel about it, I mean if people generally don't like it, and it really serves no purpose why is it still there?

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Jester Joe View Post
    I don't like it strictly because it never suggests people I do know really. Not even "friends in common", there's nothing to link to them.
    Yeah there is that too, near as I can tell it links you with friends of the a friend of a friend, and I think well OK, but even if you close them from the options they'll come back.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by adam86shadow View Post
    Perhaps social media isn't for you
    Because there are people I don't want to talk to constantly being recommended to me?

Kind of seems like you don't like food, if someone keeps putting shit you don't want on your plate.

10+ Year Old Account
    Sometimes it recommends me people I didn't realize had an account on [social media] that I do actually know but then again if I never bothered to check it's probably for a reason so I almost never use the feature. Doesn't bother me though.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Mall Security View Post

Kind of seems like you don't like food, if someone keeps putting shit you don't want on your plate.
    Terrible analogy is terrible

Friend suggestions are easily ignored to the point I don't even see them now