Page 1 of 7
... LastLast
    Deleted

Acid victim says ex-girlfriend will 'burn in hell'

http://www.itv.com/news/2017-07-17/a...nothing-to-me/

An acid victim has said his ex-girlfriend will "burn in hell" for the 2am bed attack that left him disfigured and blind.

Daniel Rotariu, 31, told ITV News of the moment he was attacked by Katie Leong, hours after a fight he said was sparked by her jealousy.

"I went to sleep and woke up to burning," he said.

She had poured half a litre of sulphuric acid over his head.

"I was thinking it was hot water," he said. "(Until) I came out from the room and I felt acid in my mouth."

While Leong was handed a life sentence for last year's attack, the minimum of 17 years awarded by the judge means she is likely to be freed in her victim's lifetime.

Mr Rotariu told ITV News tougher sentences should be given for those committing what is a sharply rising crime in the UK.

Acid attacks have doubled in the past two years with around 400 in the last six months, prompting the government to explore new preventative measures.

"If you destroy and take somebody's life, actually rip his future, his dreams, all his plans, I think (you) should also not have a life," Mr Rotariu said.

He earlier told ITV's Good Morning Britain his life had been "changed totally" and had given him a "life sentence".

Mr Rotariu later spoke to ITV News while being supported by his new partner, Anna Catanga, who he met as she cared for him in recovery.

He smiled as she said it was "easy to fall in love" with such an "amazing" and "clever" person.

"The scars are not meaning anything to me," she added.

Mr Rotariu said he believed his ex-girlfriend will receive punishment after death.

"She's going to burn in hell I think," he said. "She doesn't have a soul."

10+ Year Old Account
    This is impossible! Everyone knows only Muslim immigrants are capable of acid attacks because something something multiculturalism and Britain deserves it etc etc.

OT, why aren't sales of caustic materials like concentrated sulphuric acid not properly regulated? Short of working in certain professions chemicals like these shouldn't be available to the general public.
    "It's time to kick ass and chew bubblegum... and I'm all outta ass."

I'm a British gay Muslim Pakistani American citizen, ask me how that works! (terribly)

Quote Originally Posted by Dr Assbandit View Post
    This is impossible! Everyone knows only Muslim immigrants are capable of acid attacks because something something multiculturalism and Britain deserves it etc etc.

OT, why aren't sales of caustic materials like concentrated sulphuric acid not properly regulated? Short of working in certain professions chemicals like these shouldn't be available to the general public.
    OP is about domestic violence involving sulphuric acid, it isn't a terrorist acid attack.

"She's going to burn in hell I think," he said. "She doesn't have a soul."
    I think he isn't thinking straight. How is she going to burn in hell if she doesn't have a soul?

Quote Originally Posted by LMuhlen View Post
    I think he isn't thinking straight. How is she going to burn in hell if she doesn't have a soul?
    let's let him off this time, maybe its hard to think clearly after having your face melted and going blind.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Humbugged View Post
    OP is about domestic violence involving sulphuric acid, it isn't a terrorist acid attack.
    I'm well aware. I was just mocking the usual comments that pop up whenever certain topics come up

¯\_(ツ)_/¯.

I'm a British gay Muslim Pakistani American citizen, ask me how that works! (terribly)

Quote Originally Posted by Humbugged View Post
    He doesn't get the difference. He found like 20 Muslims who accepted gays and is an exception and not a rule, but he wants to be seen and make this about religion somehow and bring his obvious bias and racism into it. I mean technically he needs an infraction since he posted about forbidden topics already. And is derailing.

The Unstoppable Force Super Kami Dende's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    I'm well aware. I was just mocking the usual comments that pop up whenever certain topics come up

¯\_(ツ)_/¯.
    I mean I think the fact you have to point out it isn't a certain group of people for once kind of speaks volumes of the situation.

Deleted
    Again, acid doesn't attack people people attack people. You can't ban everything cause she could have used a pot of boiling oil.. or stabbing him with a knife. Like regulating these things would stop anyone.

Acid attacks should get the death penalty imo
    http://thingsihaveneverdone.wordpress.com
    Just started my 24/7 LoFi stream. Come listen!
    https://youtu.be/3uv1pLbpQM8

The boyfriend's just mad that her girlfriend burnt her first. Talk about a sore loser.

Quote Originally Posted by Bathory View Post
    Acid attacks should get the death penalty imo
    Yes and it it must be painful as possible,like ripping off fingers first etc.

Oh man I'm a terrible person.

I looked at his pre-acid picture, noticed the poser glasses.

Scrolled down, saw his deformed face, and thought "Oh man..."

Scrolled further down and noticed his deformed face with new poser glasses. Killed me.

10+ Year Old Account
    Love is a very delicate flower who's peddles are often poison. Things like this can make one glad they are single
    Milli Vanilli, Bigger than Elvis

Deleted
    -sigh-

Unfortunately it's difficult to really regulate acidic products but fortunately the government is considering increasing the sentence of said attacks

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Darth Dracula View Post
    I mean I think the fact you have to point out it isn't a certain group of people for once kind of speaks volumes of the situation.
    When that certain group is the media darling as the perfect scapegoat even when the same crimes are being committed by others, then yeah I agree it speaks volumes about the current state of affairs.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Cherise View Post
    Again, acid doesn't attack people people attack people. You can't ban everything cause she could have used a pot of boiling oil.. or stabbing him with a knife. Like regulating these things would stop anyone.
    True, but I just don't understand why highly hazardous materials that have little to no reason being sold to average everyday citizens are so freely available. It's like selling cyanide to people and saying oh well! They could have just used something else.

Deleted
    True, but I just don't understand why highly hazardous materials that have little to no reason being sold to average everyday citizens are so freely available. It's like selling cyanide to people and saying oh well! They could have just used something else.
    It's not, cyanide is completely different cause first, it can be used to commit mass murder rather easily and it can also be used to poison someones food, making it possibly hard to find the criminal.

Acid on the other hand is on par with other accessible and dangerous tools. For example motor vehicles. Far more deadly than any acid. Knives.. again cant be regulated and a knife attack is far more likely to actually kill someone. Hell even tools like nail guns are dangerous as hell in the wrong hands. You just can't regulate everything.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Cherise View Post
    It's not, cyanide is completely different cause first, it can be used to commit mass murder rather easily and it can also be used to poison someones food, making it possibly hard to find the criminal.

Acid on the other hand is on par with other accessible and dangerous tools. For example motor vehicles. Far more deadly than any acid. Knives.. again cant be regulated and a knife attack is far more likely to actually kill someone. Hell even tools like nail guns are dangerous as hell in the wrong hands. You just can't regulate everything.
    I never said I wanted to regulate everything. I'm just not sure what case can be made for concentrated sulphuric acid being considered a household item. The only everyday use I'm aware of is serving the same purpose as bleach but being several times more potent and dangerous if proper safety precautions aren't taken. If it has other uses apart from work related stuff I'd love to hear it.

10+ Year Old Account
    Acid Attacks ... I think I would rather just have guns instead.

Deleted
    I never said I wanted to regulate everything. I'm just not sure what case can be made for concentrated sulphuric acid being considered a household item. The only everyday use I'm aware of is serving the same purpose as bleach but being several times more potent and dangerous if proper safety precautions aren't taken. If it has other uses apart from work related stuff I'd love to hear it.
    Not sure, I don't have any in my house... however, I still don't see how it's relevant as for example petroleum or hell even cooking oil can be even more dangerous. There's just no point in regulating it.