Page 3 of 9 FirstFirst
1
2
3
4
5
... LastLast
  1. #41
    Quote Originally Posted by Mall Security View Post
    Well not when that theater actually harms real people are used as a vehicle to implement racist and biased immigration policy like The Wall. As far as for it being theater, just because you happen to only see one aspect of it really and I am not talking about YouTube doesn't mean there isn't reason despite not being anywhere near perfect and under the microscope.


    As someone who has worked in Security for Nearly 20 years I can tell you the term itself Security is theater. If you ask anybody in any kind of security they will tell you the same thing, you are only as secure as the next problem presents itself. Sometimes a problem needs a solution, sometimes a solution fixes a problem and creates several others.


    There is a reason why there is a coded language in Security that is never static and always changing. Because the ugly truth if you really watch people hours upon hours a day, day in and day out over years, there is a kind of distinction you make about everyone including yourself. The problem is however when like anything it is taken too far and typically that happens for more than one reason. Your mind doesn't just change about people you even change what you think about yourself if you can be HONEST.

    People hate the TSA for the exact same reasons people hate cops or their parents, people hate being told what to fucking do, until they fucking hit something and then they wind up in therapy talking about how much it someones else fault or fall into depression.


    TLDR: It's all fucking theater.

    Even if you can't or wont appreciate the fact some random slob in your mind is giving you a rub down. Shit like that is how Trump got elected whether you voted for him or not.

    You think too subjective and one dimensional despite what you THINK.

    - - - Updated - - -



    Based on what, comparing it to what, in your own words based on the information you disseminated?
    Based on the assessment done by the Department of Homeland Security... their bosses.

    http://www.nbcnews.com/news/us-news/...hrough-n367851

    http://www.cnn.com/2015/06/01/politi...sts/index.html

    And this is from the follow up report, where they should have improved greatly:

    ""In September 2015, we completed and distributed our report on our most recent round of covert testing. The results are classified at the Secret level, and the Department and this Committee have been provided a copy of our classified report. TSA justifiably classifies at the Secret level the validated test results; any analysis, trends, or comparison of the results of our testing; and specific vulnerabilities uncovered during testing. Additionally, TSA considers other information protected from disclosure as Sensitive Security Information. While I cannot talk about the specifics in this setting, I am able to say that we conducted the audit with sufficient rigor to satisfy the standards contained within the Generally Accepted Government Auditing Standards, that the tests were conducted by auditors within our Office of Audits without any special knowledge or training, and that the test results were disappointing and troubling," Roth said during testimony in front of the House Oversight Committee Tuesday. "We ran multiple tests at eight different airports of different sizes, including large category X airports across the country, and tested airports using private screeners as part of the Screening Partnership Program. The results were consistent across every airport. Our testing was designed to test checkpoint operations in real world conditions. It was not designed to test specific, discrete segments of checkpoint operations, but rather the system as a whole. The failures included failures in the technology, failures in TSA procedures, and human error. We found layers of security simply missing. It would be misleading to minimize the rigor of our testing, or to imply that our testing was not an accurate reflection of the effectiveness of the totality of aviation security.""

  2. #42
    Moderator Crissi's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2012
    Location
    The Moon
    Posts
    27,234
    Quote Originally Posted by Mall Security View Post
    Based on what, comparing it to what, in your own words based on the information you disseminated?
    I provided a link for my claim, if you wish to read. The tests were the government attempting to pass something like a gun or epxlosives, and only got caught 3 times out of 70

  3. #43
    Quote Originally Posted by Sibut View Post
    "freethoughtproject.com," eh?
    Yeah, the moment I saw the link and then who posted it, kinda summed up the bias for me.

  4. #44
    Quote Originally Posted by Mall Security View Post
    Well I am glad you offered your perspective but here is mine. They rated them poorly because voters like to be pandered to. Yeah really should we also put the FDA under the microscope, how about police, doctors for that matter.

    Are you really under the impression if all were measured by the same standards some would still be turned a blind eye to, or be scrutinized less.
    It's not just my perspective, it's the perspective of the people in charge of the TSA. Yes, all government should be scrutinized, regardless of their occupation.

    You are literally trying to argue against the internal assessment done by the DHS, so please, cite your sources.

  5. #45
    Merely a Setback Mall Security's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2011
    Location
    In Security Watching...
    Posts
    25,063
    Quote Originally Posted by Stormdash View Post
    TSA doesn't do their job. The agency is an abortion from the jump. First? it was created to replace private airport security, and then proceeded to only hire people with experience, which is to say, the same people just fired.
    No this is not remotley true, they were created as a branch of Homeland Security in direct response to the events of 9/11 when politicians because of very angry and sad people demanded measures to stop this, most of whom still subscribe to crack pot idiotic theories about why the government wasn't more responsible then.



    Except now they made more money, and as federal employees are nearly unfireable
    .


    This specifically has to do with government employees and or union type workforce's in general.

    Since then, it has been an ever expanding list of indignities and inconveniences.

    No there has been just an endless list of snowflakes bitching because the very minimum and best measure to prevent events like 9/11 were used.

    In exchange for security?
    Well as one person pointed out it's fucking theater, but people like walls and other this to make them feel safe, rather than being accountable and responsible for their own choices as well.

    I want what I want when I want it and I don't want to pay for it like in terms of my time or fucking inconvenience Que someone of color to blame.

    Not even; because it has also been an endless stream of security audits and studies that have guns and mock bombs allowed on aircraft. The groping is apparently the only thing they do well.

    Yeah endless audits people don't fucking like audits UNLESS it someone else they don't like.
    Can gods bleed? I mean to find out! MallSecurity MallTube

  6. #46
    Quote Originally Posted by Mall Security View Post
    Surprised this doesn't count as conspiracy nonsense. Nope TSA doing their job, glad they are there, Gains outweigh the cost.
    Hardly. The TSA constantly fails random tests where they see if they'll catch someone they should have caught. On more than one occasion, my cousin has accidentally left a pocket knife in his carry on and no one even noticed. Probably helps that we're white. I guarantee you if a white person wanted to sneak something, they'd be far more successful at it.

  7. #47
    Merely a Setback Mall Security's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2011
    Location
    In Security Watching...
    Posts
    25,063
    Quote Originally Posted by Machismo View Post
    It's not just my perspective, it's the perspective of the people in charge of the TSA. Yes, all government should be scrutinized, regardless of their occupation.

    You are literally trying to argue against the internal assessment done by the DHS, so please, cite your sources.
    No I am not arguing against them at all, in fact I am not even disputing them outright, what I am saying is that they don't mean what you think they mean, and there not proof of any real reason to end the TSA just as there was no real need for them possibly to begin with.

    Depends on your perspective, but they are there, and compared to other very much more crucial industries who get NO regulation or much less NOW. The outrage is also fucking theater and stupidity.
    Can gods bleed? I mean to find out! MallSecurity MallTube

  8. #48
    Immortal Seranthor's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2012
    Location
    Langley, London, Undisclosed Locations
    Posts
    7,788
    Quote Originally Posted by Wilfire View Post
    *snip*
    Given that you just cut/paste a rancidly biased article and offer nothing else. One has to wonder, do you support this? If so, why? If not, why not? If you believe there to be a problem, what is your solution?

    --- Want any of my Constitutional rights?, ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ
    I come from a time and a place where I judge people by the content of their character; I don't give a damn if you are tall or short; gay or straight; Jew or Gentile; White, Black, Brown or Green; Conservative or Liberal. -- Note to mods: if you are going to infract me have the decency to post the reason, and expect to hold everyone else to the same standard.

  9. #49
    Merely a Setback Mall Security's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2011
    Location
    In Security Watching...
    Posts
    25,063
    Quote Originally Posted by Nexx226 View Post
    Hardly. The TSA constantly fails random tests where they see if they'll catch someone they should have caught. On more than one occasion, my cousin has accidentally left a pocket knife in his carry on and no one even noticed. Probably helps that we're white. I guarantee you if a white person wanted to sneak something, they'd be far more successful at it.
    Noticing a pattern here, yes constantly, imagine if someone constantly checked to see how many slobs don't wash their hands before eating, cooking, serving or anything else. What do you think that % would be?

    Despite the way people like to make it appear.
    Can gods bleed? I mean to find out! MallSecurity MallTube

  10. #50
    Moderator Crissi's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2012
    Location
    The Moon
    Posts
    27,234
    Im not even sure what your argument is now.

  11. #51
    Quote Originally Posted by Mall Security View Post
    Well I am glad you offered your perspective but here is mine. They rated them poorly because voters like to be pandered to. Yeah really should we also put the FDA under the microscope, how about police, doctors for that matter.

    Are you really under the impression if all were measured by the same standards some would still be turned a blind eye to, or be scrutinized less.
    They're just rating them based on some subjective standard. They literally test them by trying to get items through that they're supposed to prevent and they fail miserably at it.

  12. #52
    More home grown terrorism has happen then from outside in, TSA do a great job.

    And with a wall, or stricter immigration, you can expect a far greater share of that to be homegrown. With no immigration (or travel), it would be 100% homegrown.


    The fact that there is more homegrown than foreign terrorism is a meaningless statistic. Islamic terrorism is vastly disproportionate.

  13. #53
    Quote Originally Posted by Mall Security View Post
    Noticing a pattern here, yes constantly, imagine if someone constantly checked to see how many slobs don't wash their hands before eating, cooking, serving or anything else. What do you think that % would be?

    Despite the way people like to make it appear.
    What are you even arguing? Do you not understand they actually test the TSA by attempting to sneak actual items through that they should catch? How is this hard for you to understand?

  14. #54
    Immortal Seranthor's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2012
    Location
    Langley, London, Undisclosed Locations
    Posts
    7,788
    Quote Originally Posted by Draco-Onis View Post
    Look up Israel airport security they are considered the gold standard for airport security, they use proven security measures and staff security experts not mall rent a cops. There are other examples you can process massive amounts of people more than the TSA does now more safely too, the TSA is a sad joke and that is by design.
    Unfortunately, we wouldn't be allowed to utilize the system that they utilize because the ACLU and the apologists would be howling about profiling and who knows what else.

    --- Want any of my Constitutional rights?, ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ
    I come from a time and a place where I judge people by the content of their character; I don't give a damn if you are tall or short; gay or straight; Jew or Gentile; White, Black, Brown or Green; Conservative or Liberal. -- Note to mods: if you are going to infract me have the decency to post the reason, and expect to hold everyone else to the same standard.

  15. #55
    Merely a Setback Mall Security's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2011
    Location
    In Security Watching...
    Posts
    25,063
    Quote Originally Posted by Crissi View Post
    I provided a link for my claim, if you wish to read. The tests were the government attempting to pass something like a gun or epxlosives, and only got caught 3 times out of 70
    A link I specifically asked you, if you can't be bothered to actually in your words describe it based on the link that YOU can reference for more than a simple statement to post numbers, it's not authentic and I really don't care. If I clicked on the link I would go there to make an argument with the author based on their research.

    - - - Updated - - -

    Quote Originally Posted by Nexx226 View Post
    They're just rating them based on some subjective standard. They literally test them by trying to get items through that they're supposed to prevent and they fail miserably at it.
    Yeah, I saw that on the NEWS too.

    - - - Updated - - -

    Quote Originally Posted by Crissi View Post
    Im not even sure what your argument is now.
    My argument is that this as much or less of an issue as any other industry, and while however much you buy into that what they do is ineffective, I am saying you are wrong. They are wrong, and they are being scrutinized especially because of a stigma.
    Can gods bleed? I mean to find out! MallSecurity MallTube

  16. #56
    Moderator Crissi's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2012
    Location
    The Moon
    Posts
    27,234
    Quote Originally Posted by Mall Security View Post
    A link I specifically asked you, if you can't be bothered to actually in your words describe it based on the link that YOU can reference for more than a simple statement to post numbers, it's not authentic and I really don't care. If I clicked on the link I would go there to make an argument with the author based on their research.
    Oh, so you want the debate on your terms or you'll close your ears and go alalalalala while spouting word salad? ok. This is how we know you're not being serious.

    but I'll humor you. The government tested them by attempting to pass along guns and explosives, and the TSA failed to catch these illegal items 67 out of 70 times. This means the TSA is generally useless, and needs stricter training and a more competent staff.

    and just because other industires may have iffy failure rates does not get the TSA off the hook. The TSA has legitimately earned its criticism, and none of you "BUT TEH OTHER IDUSTRIES WAAAAH" will change that.

  17. #57
    Quote Originally Posted by Mall Security View Post
    Well I am glad you offered your perspective but here is mine. They rated them poorly because voters like to be pandered to. Yeah really should we also put the FDA under the microscope, how about police, doctors for that matter.

    Are you really under the impression if all were measured by the same standards some would still be turned a blind eye to, or be scrutinized less.
    Ah yes, that's a compelling argument, its not the TSA that's terrible at it's job, its the DHS that's terrible...
    Last edited by GoblinP; 2017-07-17 at 09:46 PM.
    Social democracy is objectively the moderate wing of fascism....
    Joseph Stalin.
    Brexit: the answer to the question, What could make you wish you were living in the parallel universe where operation sea-lion was successfully executed?

  18. #58
    Merely a Setback Mall Security's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2011
    Location
    In Security Watching...
    Posts
    25,063
    Quote Originally Posted by Nexx226 View Post
    What are you even arguing? Do you not understand they actually test the TSA by attempting to sneak actual items through that they should catch? How is this hard for you to understand?
    See above, I am arguing that as someone says theater or NOT they do for sure make it safer to fly, however little or much is put up. But the same can be said for many other agencies.

    I mean personally I would be alright if they got rid of it and people could just go walk on planes and do what they did before, but that isn't going to happen OH and if they actually got BETTER people would bitch MORE not less about their privacy and experiences.
    Can gods bleed? I mean to find out! MallSecurity MallTube

  19. #59
    Quote Originally Posted by Mall Security View Post
    A link I specifically asked you, if you can't be bothered to actually in your words describe it based on the link that YOU can reference for more than a simple statement to post numbers, it's not authentic and I really don't care. If I clicked on the link I would go there to make an argument with the author based on their research.

    - - - Updated - - -



    Yeah, I saw that on the NEWS too.

    - - - Updated - - -



    My argument is that this as much or less of an issue as any other industry, and while however much you buy into that what they do is ineffective, I am saying you are wrong. They are wrong, and they are being scrutinized especially because of a stigma.
    You're just choosing to ignore facts now it seems. The link was already described to you like 3 times now. TSA sucks and is useless, get over it.

  20. #60
    The Lightbringer Zoranon's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2010
    Location
    Czech Republic, Euro-Atlantic civilisation
    Posts
    3,889
    Quote Originally Posted by Mall Security View Post
    A link I specifically asked you, if you can't be bothered to actually in your words describe it based on the link that YOU can reference for more than a simple statement to post numbers, it's not authentic and I really don't care. If I clicked on the link I would go there to make an argument with the author based on their research.

    - - - Updated - - -



    Yeah, I saw that on the NEWS too.

    - - - Updated - - -



    My argument is that this as much or less of an issue as any other industry, and while however much you buy into that what they do is ineffective, I am saying you are wrong. They are wrong, and they are being scrutinized especially because of a stigma.
    Its funny, you are doing the electronic equivalent of putting your fingers into your ears and shouting I cant hear you.

    One might wonder why you do this. And Occams razors is clear here. You very likely work for TSA.
    Quote Originally Posted by b2121945 View Post
    Don't see what's wrong with fighting alongside Nazi Germany
    Quote Originally Posted by JfmC View Post
    someone who disagrees with me is simply wrong.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •