Deleted

Exclamation Protection HC Kil'Jaeden Progress Issues

So currently I have been struggling with dealing with the Felclaw mechanic from HC Kil'Jaeden. I can manage to make it through it with my 921 tank but it still cleaves a lot through my mitigation (Blessed Hammer and Shield of Righteous) except when I keep my CDs up a few times, it still hits like a truck though.
    How do you guys manage to make it through specifically anyways? Any trinkets I should farm for to sustain the damage perhaps, the one I use atm is Feverish Carapace and Shifting Cosmic Silver.

Or maybe I should just blame the healers? /s

Is this a normal struggle or am I doing something wrong?

Just to put in note that I haven't been a Pala Tank for a long time, barely a few months actually.

Paladins do have it the hardest for KJ hc

first off I would recommand getting a 900 ilvl Darkmoon deck.It's like feverish carapace but better,with a 100% uptime

Reliquary of the damned is nice as both a stam stick and a nice use to absorb the two last hits

Save active mitigation for claws, use artifact / ardent defender just before 3rd hit. Legendary shoulders or AD relics can help getting cds up more often. If you have troubles saving enough charges of active mitigation play with righteous protector and double judgement talent (or even bastion of light but after 7.2.5 changes you will waste some of that talent value). Also save a charge of shield for when you tank swap on boss with tank add still up and you will have both on you. You can even spec into final stand and use the bubble as another oh shit cd button assuming your raid used immunity people to soak the armageddons (shouldn't really be a prob unless you have really really bad raid setup, you always provide a bop as 1 extra anyway).

From what I gathered blessed hammer doesn't reduce claw damage, and they're not parriable but they're blockable, so you could try to play with holy shield or the soul of the highlord ring (but isn't necessary).

Quote Originally Posted by Marrilaife View Post
    From what I gathered blessed hammer doesn't reduce claw damage, and they're not parriable but they're blockable, so you could try to play with holy shield or the soul of the highlord ring (but isn't necessary).
    Correct,during felclaws he stops using autoattacks and uses the Felclaw spell instead,so auto attack reductions do nothing

Spec into Cavalier and Knight Templar and have 100% SOTR uptime throughout the Felclaw duration and you will never need an external or die to that mechanic ever again.
    Your 2 steed stacks will also recharge between tank swaps, so you can easily chain use both through the Felclaw duration. If you wanna be extra safe, save Tyr as 1 CD combined with the previous mentioned ones, and on the next combo use your AD. You can play with whatever trinkets you want with this CD rotation.

Quote Originally Posted by Nymrohd View Post
    You'd really give up the Hand of Protection?
    Definitely. You're mostly taking spike damage on that fight anyway. If you're struggling with survival, this is your best bet.

Darkmoon deck is a must for this fight , other than that keep sotr at 2 charges before felclaw , on felclaw use x3 sotr from the start + you should have argent defender or eye of tyr available for each felclaw , use them after you get one stack and you should be fine.
    Last edited by Vampiregenesis; 2017-07-19 at 02:17 AM.

Deleted
    from prot pala discord, if you get into claws with 3 stacks sotr you should be good
    if you dont have artifact skill up, use AD or trinket instead
    for p3 save up guardian and call for externals, especially if you need to move during claws for pillar thingies

The much awaited Prot Pally tuning pass! We will move from last place in tank dps to... still last place. But hey we'll still be #1 most likely to get one-shot by KJ!

"I Am Vengeance. I Am The Night. I Am Felfáádaern!"

I mean what did you expect? For them to fix Seraphim?
    The problem with Seraphim, imho, is they have to choose between tuning for us with it or without. If they tune for us having it, our damage is low without it. We become farm tanks, only competitive once we over-gear the content.

- - - Updated - - -

Really, they could have buffed all our damage 10% and we'd still be bottom tier.
    Buff our health by 10% and we'd still have the smallest health pool.

"I Am Vengeance. I Am The Night. I Am Felfáádaern!"

Just nuke it from the orbit like they did with soul effigy. This talent holds the whole spec design back. All other tanks are "balanced" dps wise around having most of their survivability tools intact.

Not even mentioning how horrible is t21 shaping for paladins in comparison to other tanks (in b4 "Blizz will change it for sure", no, it's not sure, maybe they will, maybe they won't), Argus is gonna be another tier where I'm stuck in meme guilds because every serious one is "LF tank, bear / monk / dk".

Not kidding, I was looking for openings in guilds for quite some time, and literally Paladin joined DH on the "black list" no one wants to recruit, the ones that are already in, are in, but many of them rerolled, for example a friend of mine switched from tank DH to Havoc just because of recruitment issues. Tbh the state prot paladin is in I'm considering rerolling to some braindead dps class and just ditching tanking, can't remember when was the last time paladins were actually desirable for anything except farm.

Seraphim should DIAF dps talents, esp that strong shouldn't even be a tank thing imo.
    Member: Dragon Flight Alpha Club, Member since 7/20/22

10+ Year Old Account
    I did this last night. I dont have the legendaries and still survived. For the claws i did not die unless we lost a healer or it was a wipe. I used the 3 stacks of SoR and the legendary proc for 1st set - Then second set of fel claws i used SoR and AD. As long as u have 3 procs u should be ok - just have at least 1 backup CD ready. im 920 and do have the darkmoon card.