Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst
    Quote Originally Posted by Aeluron Lightsong View Post
    No, he still works there, he's just on Heroes of the Storm now.
    This.

Also, this is clearly Cthulhu and not N'zoth, who doesn't have wings, he has three mouths.
    Also the boat is clearly not a boat from warcraft, and N'zoth doesn't have hands, and the eyes are rounded instead of slits like N'zoth's, and the tentacles are just regular tentacles instead of the plated/scaled old god tentacles we see on N'zoth--and most important Samwise posts random art not related to any Blizzard games all the time.

Quote Originally Posted by Rorcanna View Post
    Sorry, but everything hints towards old gods. I don't think the creators of World of Warcraft are concerned with players needing Hello Kitty-esque reprieves from the war and turmoil. Especially considering the fact that they tend to mix lighter themes with the darker just fine.
    Pretty much this.

Quote Originally Posted by anaxie View Post
    I'm saying they are going full on Cthlulhu look with N'zoth notice N'zoths wings in Samwise picture and the naval town Kul'Tiras sudden appearance.

Thats not years ago. sit the fuck down.
    If you've been paying any attention at all, Blizzard's been borrowing heavily from HPL since day 1. Grab your own chair.

Quote Originally Posted by Rorcanna View Post
    There's literally nothing supporting this hypothesis of yours, especially considering the highly polarizing effect that the "lighter themes" of MoP had. It became such an eyesore to so many people that they completely overlooked the darker themes of war, slavery, genocide etc etc...

Sorry, but everything hints towards old gods. I don't think the creators of World of Warcraft are concerned with players needing Hello Kitty-esque reprieves from the war and turmoil. Especially considering the fact that they tend to mix lighter themes with the darker just fine.
    South seas (the most popular theory) would largely be much lighter overall (beaches, trolls, pirates, goblins, underwater?) in tone, theme, and color palettes (and fits what I'm saying).

And this would likely have old gods (N'zoth at least) as a theme as well (with some areas being nightmarish).

So ya, there is actually a $hit load supporting what I'm saying if you've been reading the forums lately.

And I create things for a living. It's smarter to change things up and keep things fresh than it is to keep treading similar themes. For the people creating it and for the people consuming it.

Samwise posted a picture one can only imagine is N'zoth the God of the Deep.

Hearthstone N'zoth

Cthulhu

Then Kul'Tiras armor was datamined. A naval Human Kingdom that has been absent since Grand Admiral Daelin Proudmoore was killed back in WCIII

Expect Kul'Tiras to become a paradory of Innsmouth. Twlight Cult might have a firm grip on Kul'Tiras or simply enthralled them with the power of the Sea God and his Demi-Goddess Queen Azshara. expect some form of Deep Ones to be represented.

Next expansion is going to be dark and nightmarish indeed I believe. Gonna have to do something significant to keep the story flowing hard after the significant climax 7.3.5 provides.

Clearly Cthulhu. Looks like a Coon and Friends expansion.

Yeah, we'll see. Blizzard's interpretation of Lovecraft is about as intellectually stimulating and vapid as Cthulhu plushies. Lovecraft for people who have never actually read Lovecraft.

10+ Year Old Account
    FF14 > WoW. Not an opinion, that's facts.
    Quote Originally Posted by Hitei View Post
    This.

Also, this is clearly Cthulhu and not N'zoth, who doesn't have wings, he has three mouths.
    Also the boat is clearly not a boat from warcraft, and N'zoth doesn't have hands, and the eyes are rounded instead of slits like N'zoth's, and the tentacles are just regular tentacles instead of the plated/scaled old god tentacles we see on N'zoth--and most important Samwise posts random art not related to any Blizzard games all the time.
    Cthulhu looks nothing like that either, this is probably just a lovecraft inspired piece he did.

Quote Originally Posted by Mojo03 View Post
    South seas (the most popular theory) would largely be much lighter overall (beaches, trolls, pirates, goblins, underwater?) in tone, theme, and color palettes (and fits what I'm saying).

And this would likely have old gods (N'zoth at least) as a theme as well (with some areas being nightmarish).

So ya, there is actually a $hit load supporting what I'm saying if you've been reading the forums lately.

And I create things for a living. It's smarter to change things up and keep things fresh than it is to keep treading similar themes. For the people creating it and for the people consuming it.
    You creating things "for a living" =/= you having any form of insight when it comes to the WoW teams thought process.

The next expansion will be dark and lighter in themes as any other expansion before and same as Legion has been. I'd be extremely surprise if it'd be made lighter in themes to support some sort of thought process that world of warcraft players are craving "the lighter side of warcraft" though, again referring back to MoP and the playerbase reaction.

Legion zones are mostly very bright and colorful.
    Last edited by Queen of Hamsters; 2017-07-18 at 02:02 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Mojo03 View Post

The Broken Isles aren't really a dark place themselves. While I'm sure a South Seas expansion would likely have some brighter colours about, I wouldn't say that trolls, pirates, and goblins have a lighter tone/theme than elves, tauren, and vrykul. Goblins perhaps being an exception, depending on how they'd handle a location such as Undermine.
    Last edited by StationaryHawk; 2017-07-18 at 02:00 AM.

The Unstoppable Force DeltrusDisc's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    I'm saying they are going full on Cthlulhu look with N'zoth notice N'zoths wings in Samwise picture and the naval town Kul'Tiras sudden appearance.

Thats not years ago. sit the fuck down.
    lol sit down? Dude really? We've known N'Zoth would be Mr. Tentacles since War of the Ancients... UNDER WATER OLD GOD WHO MAKES THE NAGA lololol

No, you can sit down.
    "A flower.
    Yes. Upon your return, I will gift you a beautiful flower."

"Remember. Remember... that we once lived..."

Quote Originally Posted by mmocd061d7bab8 View Post
    yeh but lava is just very hot water

10+ Year Old Account
    S (moderator)
    P (WoW Gen, Pets/Mog/Ach, Fun/Chat Zone)
    L (guidelines*)
    E (WoW gen rules*)
    N (my art*)
    D (Pikachu BEST Pokemon)
    A (Sensational™)