Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst
1
2
  1. #21
    Quote Originally Posted by Aeluron Lightsong View Post
    No, he still works there, he's just on Heroes of the Storm now.
    This.

    Also, this is clearly Cthulhu and not N'zoth, who doesn't have wings, he has three mouths.
    Also the boat is clearly not a boat from warcraft, and N'zoth doesn't have hands, and the eyes are rounded instead of slits like N'zoth's, and the tentacles are just regular tentacles instead of the plated/scaled old god tentacles we see on N'zoth--and most important Samwise posts random art not related to any Blizzard games all the time.

  2. #22
    Quote Originally Posted by Rorcanna View Post
    Sorry, but everything hints towards old gods. I don't think the creators of World of Warcraft are concerned with players needing Hello Kitty-esque reprieves from the war and turmoil. Especially considering the fact that they tend to mix lighter themes with the darker just fine.
    Pretty much this.

  3. #23
    Quote Originally Posted by anaxie View Post
    I'm saying they are going full on Cthlulhu look with N'zoth notice N'zoths wings in Samwise picture and the naval town Kul'Tiras sudden appearance.

    Thats not years ago. sit the fuck down.
    If you've been paying any attention at all, Blizzard's been borrowing heavily from HPL since day 1. Grab your own chair.
    And it's squeezing all the air out of this goddamn cave I live in.

  4. #24
    Quote Originally Posted by Rorcanna View Post
    There's literally nothing supporting this hypothesis of yours, especially considering the highly polarizing effect that the "lighter themes" of MoP had. It became such an eyesore to so many people that they completely overlooked the darker themes of war, slavery, genocide etc etc...

    Sorry, but everything hints towards old gods. I don't think the creators of World of Warcraft are concerned with players needing Hello Kitty-esque reprieves from the war and turmoil. Especially considering the fact that they tend to mix lighter themes with the darker just fine.
    South seas (the most popular theory) would largely be much lighter overall (beaches, trolls, pirates, goblins, underwater?) in tone, theme, and color palettes (and fits what I'm saying).

    And this would likely have old gods (N'zoth at least) as a theme as well (with some areas being nightmarish).

    So ya, there is actually a $hit load supporting what I'm saying if you've been reading the forums lately.

    And I create things for a living. It's smarter to change things up and keep things fresh than it is to keep treading similar themes. For the people creating it and for the people consuming it.

  5. #25
    Quote Originally Posted by anaxie View Post
    Samwise posted a picture one can only imagine is N'zoth the God of the Deep.



    Hearthstone N'zoth


    Cthulhu



    Then Kul'Tiras armor was datamined. A naval Human Kingdom that has been absent since Grand Admiral Daelin Proudmoore was killed back in WCIII

    Expect Kul'Tiras to become a paradory of Innsmouth. Twlight Cult might have a firm grip on Kul'Tiras or simply enthralled them with the power of the Sea God and his Demi-Goddess Queen Azshara. expect some form of Deep Ones to be represented.

    Next expansion is going to be dark and nightmarish indeed I believe. Gonna have to do something significant to keep the story flowing hard after the significant climax 7.3.5 provides.

    Clearly Cthulhu. Looks like a Coon and Friends expansion.

  6. #26
    Why did this need another thread? None of this is news.

  7. #27
    Yeah, we'll see. Blizzard's interpretation of Lovecraft is about as intellectually stimulating and vapid as Cthulhu plushies. Lovecraft for people who have never actually read Lovecraft.

  8. #28
    Pandaren Monk Akande Ogundimu's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2011
    Location
    KFC and Watermelon
    Posts
    1,873
    Quote Originally Posted by Hitei View Post
    This.

    Also, this is clearly Cthulhu and not N'zoth, who doesn't have wings, he has three mouths.
    Also the boat is clearly not a boat from warcraft, and N'zoth doesn't have hands, and the eyes are rounded instead of slits like N'zoth's, and the tentacles are just regular tentacles instead of the plated/scaled old god tentacles we see on N'zoth--and most important Samwise posts random art not related to any Blizzard games all the time.
    Cthulhu looks nothing like that either, this is probably just a lovecraft inspired piece he did.

  9. #29
    Titan Rorcanna's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2010
    Location
    Retail World of Warcraft, the REAL WoW!
    Posts
    14,327
    Quote Originally Posted by Mojo03 View Post
    South seas (the most popular theory) would largely be much lighter overall (beaches, trolls, pirates, goblins, underwater?) in tone, theme, and color palettes (and fits what I'm saying).

    And this would likely have old gods (N'zoth at least) as a theme as well (with some areas being nightmarish).

    So ya, there is actually a $hit load supporting what I'm saying if you've been reading the forums lately.

    And I create things for a living. It's smarter to change things up and keep things fresh than it is to keep treading similar themes. For the people creating it and for the people consuming it.
    You creating things "for a living" =/= you having any form of insight when it comes to the WoW teams thought process.

    The next expansion will be dark and lighter in themes as any other expansion before and same as Legion has been. I'd be extremely surprise if it'd be made lighter in themes to support some sort of thought process that world of warcraft players are craving "the lighter side of warcraft" though, again referring back to MoP and the playerbase reaction.

    Legion zones are mostly very bright and colorful.
    Last edited by Rorcanna; 2017-07-18 at 02:02 AM.
    WoW has 6-7 million players and growing profits, the current expansion ain't over yet and we already know that 2 more are being worked on as we speak.
    MMO-C members still believe that WoW2 is happening, citing -EQ2- as proof that it'd be a hit.
    Conclusion; MMO-C members are hilarious.

  10. #30
    Quote Originally Posted by Mojo03 View Post
    South seas (the most popular theory) would largely be much lighter overall (beaches, trolls, pirates, goblins, underwater?) in tone, theme, and color palettes (and fits what I'm saying).

    And this would likely have old gods (N'zoth at least) as a theme as well (with some areas being nightmarish).

    So ya, there is actually a $hit load supporting what I'm saying if you've been reading the forums lately.

    And I create things for a living. It's smarter to change things up and keep things fresh than it is to keep treading similar themes. For the people creating it and for the people consuming it.
    The Broken Isles aren't really a dark place themselves. While I'm sure a South Seas expansion would likely have some brighter colours about, I wouldn't say that trolls, pirates, and goblins have a lighter tone/theme than elves, tauren, and vrykul. Goblins perhaps being an exception, depending on how they'd handle a location such as Undermine.
    Last edited by StationaryHawk; 2017-07-18 at 02:00 AM.

  11. #31
    The Insane DeltrusDisc's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2009
    Location
    Illinois, USA
    Posts
    17,772
    Quote Originally Posted by anaxie View Post
    I'm saying they are going full on Cthlulhu look with N'zoth notice N'zoths wings in Samwise picture and the naval town Kul'Tiras sudden appearance.

    Thats not years ago. sit the fuck down.
    lol sit down? Dude really? We've known N'Zoth would be Mr. Tentacles since War of the Ancients... UNDER WATER OLD GOD WHO MAKES THE NAGA lololol

    No, you can sit down.
    [email protected] | Noctua NH-D15 | GTX 1970 | 32GB DDR4 | 256GB NVMe | 775GB SSD | 7TB HDD | SeaSonic 750w 80+ Titanium PRIME | Fractal Design Define R4
    Samsung 34" 3440x1440 Curved | Schiit MODI 2 + ASGARD 2 | Schiit WYRD | Sennheiser HD 598 | Presonus Eris E5x2 | KRK 10S Subwoofer | Shure BETA 58A Microphone

  12. #32
    Queen of Cake Splenda's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2010
    Location
    Your coffee.
    Posts
    7,958
    S (moderator)
    P (WoW Gen, Pets/Mog/Ach, Fun/Chat Zone)
    L (guidelines*)
    E (WoW gen rules*)
    N (my art*)
    D (Trixie for World Domination)
    A (Sensational™)

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •