Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst

I'm actually not a big fan of relationships, I have great distain for them from the start. I don't mind people who are in relationships or people who wanna talk about their S/O every now and then.
    But I already think relationships are kinda pointless, if you can balance it with the rest of your life then that's fine. But if it's all you talk about? Then there's nothing else to you, and I don't know if I'd be able to talk to them whilst they're in their relationship. I make friends to talk to them as individuals, as their own singular person. I can't do that if they talk as if they're a detachable (yet somehow, conjoined) piece from their partner.

Because to some people, their relationship is their life, and how they justify their existence. Maybe it's presumptuous of me to assume, but I find that people who obsess more about their relationships get more volatile when their relationships are shaken. Not that taking your relationships too lightly is any better, of course.

Another big factor I find is that people tend to be more excited about relationships early on. As time goes on a lot of people lost interest and no longer talk about it constantly (and sometime break up, shocking right?). That's just natural. They are excited about their significant other and want to go nuts about it. Perhaps they even feel obligated to, to express their love for given significant other. There's nothing unusual about this.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Radaney View Post
    Some people their relationship is the main part of their life
    Imo, this is always a very dangerous way to live.

Relationships often end at some point and if it was the main pilar of your life, you will be/feel completely shattered.

Quote Originally Posted by Celista View Post
    Has anyone else experienced this? How do you handle the situation?

I have certain friends that will obsessively discuss their relationship, marriage, anniversary, engagement, impending nuptials, etc on social media or in person and it is NONSTOP, to the point of being nauseating. For example, I have one friend that has talked about her upcoming engagement EVERY DAY for the past several months, and she's not getting married until next June. If you express your happiness for them and try to change the subject, the conversation inevitably ends up back on the topic of relationships.

I love dating and healthy relationships and celebrating anniversaries, but holy crap some people take it to the extreme.
    Have some pity. Her live is so boring and uneventful that it is literally the only positive thing she can talk about. On the bright side, look forward to her bitching at you about her husband and talking endlessly about the upcoming divorce a year later. OR alternatively, the stories about the army of children she's going to breed. And trust me, every first tooth is unique and needs detailed retelling.
    Users with <20 posts and ignored shitposters are automatically invisible. Find out how to do that here and help clean up MMO-OT!
    PSA: Being a volunteer is no excuse to make a shite job of it.

Quote Originally Posted by breadisfunny View Post
    i don't know i do not have friends.
    Don't be like that.

We're all friends down here bready

OT: I think there's just a lot of boring girls/people in general.

I've been trying to be less of a shy boy recently, but only happen to meet just the most boring women, who don't have much to say other than "haha yeah....lol"
    Last edited by Gamdwelf; 2017-07-19 at 01:55 PM.
    Gamdwelf the Mage

Quote Originally Posted by Theodarzna View Post
    I'm calling it, Republicans will hold congress in 2018 and Trump will win again in 2020.

Usually women, but sometimes men too. Either way, it's extremely annoying.

It's probably because they're insecure.
    There are good people in every corner of the planet. Unfortunately, the Earth is round.