Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst
    Quote Originally Posted by Aeula View Post
    As powerful a modern day mediocre computer with a 660GTX card probably.
    Ummmm, no. Current gen systems (especially the Pro and X) are already better than that.

Some of the people commenting in here seem to have ZERO knowledge on consoles in general.

10+ Year Old Account
    Nearby, preventing you from fast traveling.
    Quote Originally Posted by Zephyr Storm View Post
    Ummmm, no. Current gen systems (especially the Pro and X) are already better than that.

Some of the people commenting in here seem to have ZERO knowledge on consoles in general.
    As an owner of both a PC with those specs (Got a better one now, selling it tomorrow) and a PS4/X1 I find it hard to believe.

The difference is noticeable. Very much so.

Quote Originally Posted by Aeula View Post
    As an owner of both a PC with those specs (Got a better one now, selling it tomorrow) and a PS4/X1 I find it hard to believe.

The difference is noticeable. Very much so.
    Then you're either blind or don't actually have what you say you have. The Pro and X are most definitely better than that.

10+ Year Old Account
    I hope they just decide to become easy PCs. Like you can just upgrade them like normal PCs.

8K won't be on anyone's radar for a long time yet except for the rich people who can afford to flush $100 bills down the toilet. 4K will be the new standard for quite awhile, just like 1080p has been for awhile now. And there won't be any NEED for 8K unless you want to play on something like a 150" screen. 4K is already more than enough resolution for TVs.
    I like you, cause my sarcasm aside, you and I think quite alike. I already think 4K is bullshit for smaller screens (4K laptops and phones?! HAH!)

Quote Originally Posted by Baelic View Post
    I like you, cause my sarcasm aside, you and I think quite alike. I already think 4K is bullshit for smaller screens (4K laptops and phones?! HAH!)
    I mean, yeah. It's proven that the human eye can't discern higher resolutions once you get a certain distance away from the screen. 4K is already more than enough for screens up to a certain size. The only time 8K even starts to become necessary is if you're dealing with screen sizes that are absurdly large and aren't practical for a home setting anyway.

I'm just one of those people that hopes the industry doesn't keep pushing for higher and higher resolutions simply because it's a bigger number. They need to focus more on technology that makes the picture/color look better with what we already have (4K). HDR is a good example of this.

Quote Originally Posted by GennGreymane View Post
    I hope they just decide to become easy PCs. Like you can just upgrade them like normal PCs.
    Takes away the entire point of them being consoles. Consoles out perform PCs of similar power because developers don't have to target 500 different configurations for optimization.

Sony is definitely not going to steambox route ever, and MS probably wouldn't any time soon either if ever. Half steps every 3 years is a better solution to someone who wants to be a semi enthusiast while still gaming on a console and you already have those in the X and Pro.
    Last edited by Tech614; 2017-07-23 at 12:29 AM.

True. I guess I should have added that the PS4 Pro and Xbox One X are running some of them on High at 60fps.
    100% correct.
    Check me out....Im └(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┐└(-.-)┐ Dancing, Im └(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┐└(-.-)┐ Dancing.
    My Gaming PC: MSI Trident 3 - i7-10700F - RTX 4060 8GB - 32GB DDR4 - 1TB M.2SSD

HDR is a good example of this.
    Yep, the reason 4k screens look so good is because of HDR, not because of 4k. If companies started producing 1080p TVs that had HDR support the shit would basically look just as good. But they want you to buy 4k, and not budget 1080p models.

4k really is stupid as it is. 8k would be flat out dumb. At 4k aliasing is already negligible, and that's the only major benefit in gaming. Outside of gaming 4k is even LESS noticeable.

Quote Originally Posted by Tech614 View Post
    Yep, the reason 4k screens look so good is because of HDR, not because of 4k. If companies started producing 1080p TVs that had HDR support the shit would basically look just as good. But they want you to buy 4k, and not budget 1080p models.

4k really is stupid as it is. 8k would be flat out dumb. At 4k aliasing is already negligible, and that's the only major benefit in gaming. Outside of gaming 4k is even LESS noticeable.
    Agreed. But unfortunately the TV and media companies are getting their way and pushing everything to a new 4K standard. Which I'm fine with 4K because I do notice a difference however slight it is, especially with the HDR added in. But to go beyond 4K is absolutely dumb in my book. The only screens that need more than 4K are movie theater screens.

I mean, yeah. It's proven that the human eye can't discern higher resolutions once you get a certain distance away from the screen. 4K is already more than enough for screens up to a certain size. The only time 8K even starts to become necessary is if you're dealing with screen sizes that are absurdly large and aren't practical for a home setting anyway.

I'm just one of those people that hopes the industry doesn't keep pushing for higher and higher resolutions simply because it's a bigger number. They need to focus more on technology that makes the picture/color look better with what we already have (4K). HDR is a good example of this.
    Agreed, not to mention that they need to deal with power consumption as well.