Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst
LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Teebone View Post

That's what we need, the next gen console to be a god damned phone.

The return everyone has been waiting for!

Quote Originally Posted by Teebone View Post
    That's what we need, the next gen console to be a god damned phone.
    For the love of everything still good in this world.........fuck no.

10+ Year Old Account
    What, no one whats an N-Taco 2: DD Edition?
    Tikki tikki tembo, Usagi no Yojimbo, chari bari ruchi pip peri pembo!

10+ Year Old Account
    The Atari box will lead the next generation. The Ninteno Mini Wii U will sell like hotcakes

Quote Originally Posted by GennGreymane View Post
    The Atari box will lead the next generation. The Ninteno Mini Wii U will sell like hotcakes
    You forgot the customary /s with your post. :P

Chances are they'll finally be powerful enough to run native 4K @60fps without gimmicks. But by then everyone will yawn and go "but what about 8K?"

10+ Year Old Account
    With Ryzen or something similar with tons more efficient and speedy cores I imagine they'll be High-Ultra 60 FPS PC quality of today.

Toss in some SSDs instead of fucking 5400 RPM shitdrives and it'll basically BE a PC. Moreso than current consoles.
    ⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥ "In short, people are idiots who don't really understand anything." ⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥
    [/url]
    ⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥ ⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥

Quote Originally Posted by MonsieuRoberts View Post
    With Ryzen or something similar with tons more efficient and speedy cores I imagine they'll be High-Ultra 60 FPS PC quality of today.

Toss in some SSDs instead of fucking 5400 RPM shitdrives and it'll basically BE a PC. Moreso than current consoles.
    Power doesn't matter for fps on consoles.

A game is either going to be designed to be 30 fps or 60 fps no matter how strong a system is. The same way it's been for 3 decades. Performance in genres that need it, eye candy in genres that don't.

10+ Year Old Account
    I don't know but I bet they'll still run at 30 FPS.

Quote Originally Posted by Triforcewolf View Post
    You act like all games on console run at 30.
    Check me out....Im └(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┐└(-.-)┐ Dancing, Im └(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┐└(-.-)┐ Dancing.
    My Gaming PC: MSI Trident 3 - i7-10700F - RTX 4060 8GB - 32GB DDR4 - 1TB M.2SSD

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Jtbrig7390 View Post
    You act like all games on console run at 30.
    Enough of them do. We're way past the point where ALL games should be running at a smooth 60 FPS. The technology is obviously out there I don't know why it's so difficult for them to do it. PCs are at what? 144 FPS? Probably higher now? There should be no excuse why 60 FPS isn't standard by now for consoles.

Look at the new "monster" console Xbox One X. Comes out with Crackdown 3 (I love these games btw) that looks like it's for the Xbox 360/PS3 and it STILL runs at 30 FPS. What is that? It's an embarrassment is what it is.

You want to talk about "next gen" then start making ALL of the games for the new consoles run at 60 FPS at 1080p. It really should've been this gen but whatever. I mean come on we're in 2017 not 2005. I'm not one of those graphics whores who obsess over the performance and visuals of a game, I can usually deal with it but if I'm going to be spending $400-$600 for some "next gen" console then I expect it to run like one. It shouldn't feel like a slightly upgraded last gen console.

I'm not one of those graphics whores who obsess over the performance and visuals of a game, I can usually deal with it but if I'm going to be spending $400-$600 for some "next gen" console then I expect it to run like one. It shouldn't feel like a slightly upgraded last gen console.
    You know what sells consoles......Graphics. That is why a huge amount is targeted at 30FPS. If your console is hitting 60FPS but the games look like last gen people are less likely to buy it.

Also once again there is many current gen system games that run at 60FPS or near it. There is also games that have no way of hitting 60FPS due to the weak ass CPU in these systems(Destiny for example).

Crackdown 3 isn't the most amazing looking game, but if u think it looks like a 360/PS3 game then ur blind.
    Check me out....Im └(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┐└(-.-)┐ Dancing, Im └(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┐└(-.-)┐ Dancing.

Enough of them do. We're way past the point where ALL games should be running at a smooth 60 FPS. The technology is obviously out there I don't know why it's so difficult for them to do it. PCs are at what? 144 FPS? Probably higher now? There should be no excuse why 60 FPS isn't standard by now for consoles.
    60 FPS has jack shit to do with technology. Games where running at 60 fps on the SNES.

You give developers more power, and if they target 30 fps for their games they will STILL target 30 fps and make their game look even prettier.

The reason these console games hit 60 fps on PC is they where developed targeting 30 fps on console, and the brute force power bump is usually enough to lock them at 60 or higher on PC. If developers made their games targeting at i7 1080TI systems, they would still target 30 fps for them and make the games look far better then they currently do.

You act like it's a technology or competence issue with developers when in reality it's a design choice. Every game can easily be 60 fps on any platform if a developer wants it to be. Every game can also look prettier on said platforms and be 30 fps if a developer wants it to be.
    Last edited by Tech614; 2017-07-20 at 10:54 PM.

Deleted
    4k will be possible

10+ Year Old Account
    Probably as good as a midrange gaming PC one could build last year.

Quote Originally Posted by DonGenaro View Post
    4k will be possible
    Already is, There is native PS4 Pro games and there will be native 4K XBOX games as well.

Quote Originally Posted by Baelic View Post
    Chances are they'll finally be powerful enough to run native 4K @60fps without gimmicks. But by then everyone will yawn and go "but what about 8K?"
    8K won't be on anyone's radar for a long time yet except for the rich people who can afford to flush $100 bills down the toilet. 4K will be the new standard for quite awhile, just like 1080p has been for awhile now. And there won't be any NEED for 8K unless you want to play on something like a 150" screen. 4K is already more than enough resolution for TVs.

- - - Updated - - -

I seriously hope not. If they do, then the video game industry needs its collective ass kicked.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by thewallofsleep View Post
    Probably as good as a midrange gaming PC one could build last year.
    We're already past that point with the Xbox One X. From what we've seen anyway. Some of the games shown for it have been tested to be at the equivalent of High settings on a current gaming PC.
    Last edited by Zephyr Storm; 2017-07-22 at 07:15 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Zephyr Storm View Post
    We're already past that point with the Xbox One X. From what we've seen anyway. Some of the games shown for it have been tested to be at the equivalent of High settings on a current gaming PC.
    Many games on just the PS4/XB1 are equal to high settings of the PC version. Its just those run's 9 times out of 10 are running at 30fps.

Quote Originally Posted by Jtbrig7390 View Post
    Many games on just the PS4/XB1 are equal to high settings of the PC version. Its just those run's 9 times out of 10 are running at 30fps.
    True. I guess I should have added that the PS4 Pro and Xbox One X are running some of them on High at 60fps.

10+ Year Old Account
    Nearby, preventing you from fast traveling.
    As powerful a modern day mediocre computer with a 660GTX card probably.