Deleted

Question Unstable arcanocrystal or tarnished sentinel medallion?

Hi guyz
    I'm playing affliction and yesterday i dropped the sentinel medallion . So the question is :
    is better the arcano or the sentinel?
    I think arcano for 2 or more target is the best but for single target ?

I have 860 arcano and 915 sentinel

Thankssss

10+ Year Old Account
    Raidbots.Com

Really depends on your other gear tbh.

You'd have to sim to be sure but you're definitely right about more than one target. A 915 owl MIGHT beat an 860 arcano on pure single target but I doubt even that.

According to sims at lockonestopshop a 915 sims higher then 885 arcano for single target. For more then 1 target though arcanocrystal takes over on sims

Deleted
    A lot of the owl trinket damage is built into it's on use effect; the stats aren;t very good really.

And the on use effect is pure single target.

Quote Originally Posted by Teroch View Post
    You'd have to sim to be sure but you're definitely right about more than one target. A 915 owl MIGHT beat an 860 arcano on pure single target but I doubt even that.
    On pure single target a 915 owl will destroy an 860 arcano. 915 owl would edge out a 915 arcano on ST. Yes on multiple targets the 860 arcano would probably win out, but on ST fights the owl beats almost every other trinket assuming the item level is the same.

http://lockonestopshop.com/#!/Affliction/Sims/Trinket

OP should switch based on fight.
    Last edited by Jaman; 2017-07-11 at 06:53 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Jaman View Post
    On pure single target a 915 owl will destroy an 860 arcano.
    Don't know why owl sims so high, but for me it was an ST dps loss switching my 860 arcano for the 915 owl (in practise).

Maybe this is 'cause the additional damage effect from owl only procs from drain ticks, and with more movement owls damage goes down.

Owl wins on pure single target, once more sustained targets come into play though Arcano pulls way ahead.

Quote Originally Posted by Cainium View Post
    Don't know why owl sims so high, but for me it was an ST dps loss switching my 860 arcano for the 915 owl (in practise).

Maybe this is 'cause the additional damage effect from owl only procs from drain ticks, and with more movement owls damage goes down.

That may be the case. If you compare the sims for Affliction
    http://lockonestopshop.com/#!/Affliction/Sims/Trinket

vs. Destruction:

http://lockonestopshop.com/#!/Destruction/Sims/Trinket

While it's ranked the same on both, it's farther ahead of 3rd place for Destro than Affliction - likely because Destruction has more things that trigger the additional damage.

SimCraft for me has my 880 arcano with a socket simming 30k higher than a 915 sentinel so I guess its different for everyone.

880 arcano with a socket is closer to a 895 base arcanocrystal though

Deleted
    Heya out there Im struggleing to figure out to use either my 900 ilvl chrono shard or my just optained 865 arcano can anyoone help me out?

Go to raidbots.com and use the feature to compare different items.

my 860 arcano sims higher then my 915 tarnished

my 900 whispers sims higher then everything else i have too

sucks being locked to the same trinkets for so long.