[Balance] Trinket Use?

Forgive the basic questions, i have not the experience in WOW i would like to have, i think i may be missing some pieces of key information. I have a whispers in the dark and charm of the rising tides charms which is the two best i have, i plan on working on my ST abilities to get them up to par first before moving on to my MT, and the practice area in dreamgrove.
    1. Do i have to put these trinkets on my toolbar slots and use them like i would a skill/spell, such as moon, Lunar strike or solar wrath?
    2. If i do use them like a skill when is the best time to use them such as during the opener, when i pop incarnation, or 20 seconds before incarnation runs out, etc etc. I have been reading the guides, but all i find is spreadsheets on which are the most powerful, not any information on when or how to use them.

Thank you for your time and patience in reading this post, and any help, information, or direction will be greatly appreciated.

So of those particular trinkets, Whispers will automatically trigger without your input and Charm requires you to use it. So you'll need to drag Charm onto your actionbar somewhere.

You ideally want to sync their use up with cooldowns like Incantation, Heroism, etc. But because Charm's whole purpose requires you to stand still, you also need to use in when you know you're not going to have to move any time soon. That'll change from boss to boss.

Quote Originally Posted by Matchu View Post
    So of those particular trinkets, Whispers will automatically trigger without your input and Charm requires you to use it. So you'll need to drag Charm onto your actionbar somewhere.

You ideally want to sync their use up with cooldowns like Incantation, Heroism, etc. But because Charm's whole purpose requires you to stand still, you also need to use in when you know you're not going to have to move any time soon. That'll change from boss to boss.
    thank you for your reply, i had no idea i had to physically use Charm of the rising tide, like i said i am somewhat new to wow, as these maybe old concepts and knowledge to most, some of us just coming in the game have no idea about that, or just dont know the right questions to ask, what about the rings are they also required to go on your toolbars and physically click as well? i have the Impeccable Fel Essence legendary and the Band of decaying Rubies rings which are about my only two for now?

Just check the tooltip of the item.
    If it says "Use:", you will have to manually activate it either by adding it to a macro or your bar and then using it whenever you want.

Sent from my LG-H955 using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by zeoos View Post
    Just check the tooltip of the item.
    If it says "Use:", you will have to manually activate it either by adding it to a macro or your bar and then using it whenever you want.

Thank you for your time and reply when I get home I will check it

The passive items such as all legendaries except the trinkets have the tooltip "equip:" so you just need to equip them to get the bonus.

The passive items such as all legendaries except the trinkets have the tooltip "equip:" so you just need to equip them to get the bonus.

that i did not know about either, i appreciate you time and reply again, i will be sure to check everything out when i return, and finally get to game again

May be an off-topic question but I would like to know when you guys use the Owl trinket ? I see several options:
    - On pull - at 0.
    - After casting full moon (SW --> New Moon --> 2x DoTs --> Half Moon --> Full Moon --> Trinket --> 2x Surge).
    - When there is 12-15 secs left on Incarnation (You have highest haste so you can push more trinket damage).

Quote Originally Posted by EnurX View Post
    May be an off-topic question but I would like to know when you guys use the Owl trinket ? I see several options:
    - On pull - at 0.
    - After casting full moon (SW --> New Moon --> 2x DoTs --> Half Moon --> Full Moon --> Trinket --> 2x Surge).
    - When there is 12-15 secs left on Incarnation (You have highest haste so you can push more trinket damage).
    That's the debate. It should benefit from the increased haste at the end of Incarnation and deal extra damage. It should be simmed and we would get a definitive answer.
    You could test on dummy and use it both pull (right after incarnation) and on 10-15 sec left of Incarnation and compare the damage it does. You should do multiple tests so you get a clear result.

Since the god's of RNG have went out of their way and made it so that I don't even see the trinket drop (really, did all LFR/N/HC since TOS launched and haven't even saw it drop for anybody in my group), I cannot test it on live. Wish I get at least a normal one this week.

With IFE generally Incarnation will be up before the trinket finishes its cooldown, I can see slightly delaying it at the start but I don't think it matters that much. Then after that saving Incarn to pop it when there's <10 seconds left before the trinket is ready (30 sec incarn, trinket lasts for 20 seconds).

Since the god's of RNG have went out of their way and made it so that I don't even see the trinket drop (really, did all LFR/N/HC since TOS launched and haven't even saw it drop for anybody in my group), I cannot test it on live. Wish I get at least a normal one this week.
    I feel you man havent got hands on one of those myself either and it really disturbes me.

But another question about Charm of the Rising Tide just like OP i got that (in 930 luckily) and Whispers and im always using it 20 seconds before Incarnation runs out. It works great with IFE cause Inc and the trinket have ~ the same cooldown then. But im asking myself if i really profit of the trinket combined with the Incarnation haste buff and bloodlust.
    I feel like the 4pT20+Incarnation+the trinket already is too much haste to benefit me in any way.

Quote Originally Posted by Rudian View Post
    I feel you man havent got hands on one of those myself either and it really disturbes me.

But another question about Charm of the Rising Tide just like OP i got that (in 930 luckily) and Whispers and im always using it 20 seconds before Incarnation runs out. It works great with IFE cause Inc and the trinket have ~ the same cooldown then. But im asking myself if i really profit of the trinket combined with the Incarnation haste buff and bloodlust.
    I feel like the 4pT20+Incarnation+the trinket already is too much haste to benefit me in any way.
    Still haven't gotten it, even though I use all my weekly coins just for sisters farm.
    Regarding charm, I use it also when Incarnation is 20s left and seen a nice dps increase over metronome.
    It can get really stupid with the haste buffs from Hero/Whispers/4p and Charm.
    Yesterday I had 170% haste with all of the above from by base haste of 20%.