Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst
    Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by kayusa View Post
    I generally use bloodlet with first blood ring and bracers (standard cb build), seems to do very solid on trash and boss alike.
    How much damage overall?

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Zorachus View Post
    Do you use ' Throw Glaive ' in a Demonic build ? Never thought of that, but sounds good for AOE
    He says in standard raid build with chaos blades. So no, not throw glaives in demonic (at least that was not what he said)

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Zorachus View Post
    Do you use ' Throw Glaive ' in a Demonic build ? Never thought of that, but sounds good for AOE
    Clearly depending on your spec / leg / number of mobs. Lots of mobs + CC. Do not bother using throw glaive. Reduced number of adds, FB speced, I guess you can. I generally never use it, I prefer using demon bite.

I use the standard Chaos Blades build and clear my 15 each week. 930 ilvl. Usually use Anger and Cloak. But I will, and do, change up my legendaries if a fight is rough.
    Today we struggled heavily in upper kara and on a few bosses i swap to survivability legendaries (chest and prydaz) if it seems necessary.
    Demonic would make it much better for my own survivability, but damage would suffer and in higher m+ you need the damage.

In most cases I find the single target Nemesis/Chaos Blades is way better in the long run. Your burst cleave is so GG for m+, and single target is amazing on tyrannical week! I'm speaking from upper 12-17's perspective.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Reji View Post
    In most cases I find the single target Nemesis/Chaos Blades is way better in the long run. Your burst cleave is so GG for m+, and single target is amazing on tyrannical week! I'm speaking from upper 12-17's perspective.
    Especially on tyrannical high boss dam is very important, though that said, demonic isnt that far behind the raiding spec.
    Another thing what people forget is that with i.e. legend trinket + helm +moonglaive trinket - you can even with single target spec, deal a ton of dam on groups

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by glorf12 View Post
    I use the standard Chaos Blades build and clear my 15 each week. 930 ilvl. Usually use Anger and Cloak. But I will, and do, change up my legendaries if a fight is rough.
    Today we struggled heavily in upper kara and on a few bosses i swap to survivability legendaries (chest and prydaz) if it seems necessary.
    Demonic would make it much better for my own survivability, but damage would suffer and in higher m+ you need the damage.
    I personnally sim at 1 220 000 with dual ring ( anger and SotS) in demonic build and sim at 1 288 000 with CC shoulder / anger or cloak / anger. I even use my demonic build in fight like sisters mm, or goroth, because of the amazing self sustain. When you tempo your eye beam for a specific mechanics, you are mainly invincible. Furthermore, depending on demonic appetite proc, I can out dps the cc spec by "far". Your survivability is shit in cc, and a dead dps is a useless dps.
    The "lack" of single target dps in demonic build is a myth, made by those who never really played this spec. If your only argument is the lack of single target dps:

https://www.warcraftlogs.com/ranking.../17728225/13/#
    https://www.warcraftlogs.com/ranking.../25955849/13/#
    etc.
    Need to find an other excuse :3

I went back to the Blades build, and on single target I dish out some mean damage.

Even AOE on Blades is pretty good too. I am only i899 right now, with 49 traits, I would love to get to i930, I only started to run Normal ToS, so hopefully that can get me to i910 or so soon. I still have a lot of gear in the i860 - 870. My last ToS run got me 5 i900 pieces.

Deleted
    how is this game??

As some has said before, Ignore sims, look at the total package, go demonic for M+

Only reason CB is the goto cookie cutter is due to that minor damage increase it sims for most,
    not due to how it actually performs nor their experience with other specs.

Feelcraft > Theorycraft > Use brains > Sims

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by epLe View Post
    As some has said before, Ignore sims, look at the total package, go demonic for M+

Only reason CB is the goto cookie cutter is due to that minor damage increase it sims for most,
    not due to how it actually performs nor their experience with other specs.

Feelcraft > Theorycraft > Use brains > Sims
    And little bit easier to use i would say. How is your opener / rotation in general as demonic on a boss and do u use mastery/vers gear for trash?

Quote Originally Posted by Shrewtheimmortal View Post
    And little bit easier to use i would say. How is your opener / rotation in general as demonic on a boss and do u use mastery/vers gear for trash?
    The opener is Nemesis, ROTI (if no adds will spawn within a minute), EB -> DS -> Anni spam -> meta at the end of Demonic -> EB -> Anni spam. Obviously you save meta if there's a better time for it because you generally only get 1 per boss except high tyrannical bosses, and you hold EBs if adds are coming soon and you're using the helmet.

Vers/mastery/haste are much stronger on trash pulls of 3+ targets since your damage shifts away from pure Anni spam, so you can make a set simming 2-3 target or 4+ targets. I try to always stay above 45% crit on trash because I spam Anni on priority targets, but I'm ~49% on bosses, and I tend to do 1.2-1.4 on most bosses and 1.2-1.8 overall depending on the dungeon and affixes.

Ive read this entire post, and pardon me if I actually missed it.

I havent really done any mythics the last 4 weeks, and regarding that I have a couple of questions before I pick up mythic+ in 7.2.5 again.
    I used to run head+bracers with bloodlet in prior patch. My build was something like 3-3-3-x-x-1-3. Alternating with Nemesis or Momentum and Soul Rending or Netherwalk.
    For some runs I went with the standard raid spec for single target dmg.

Ive got the single part spec and items figured, but Im a little bit puzzled about Demonic.

1. Becides the head, what legendary is the most prefered one in general? (Ive got them all. Including the new cloak but except the new ring.)
    2. What other talents should I pick in general?
    - Bloodlet + bracers?
    - What about Blind Fury and Demonic appetite?
    - I can see that momentum or Nemesis would be a personal preference if your comfortable with felrushing all the time, and you want a higher uptime on increased dmg on trash.
    - If not picking blodlet + bracers, would you still go with Master of the Glaive, or maybe one of the two other picks?

I tend to do mythics in the range of 12-17, and Im not to interested in swapping out my talents/gear to much. So basicly Im looking for a competetive Demonic build/spec for Mythic+. That way I can alternate between my raid spec + gear and demonic spec+gear.
    Last edited by Valldemar; 2017-08-01 at 10:29 AM.

Im planning to pick up my M+ runs again after not doing any for about 4 weeks. (Will be doing mythics in the range 12-18)

I have all legendaries except the crafted one. Im wondering what second legendary to pick after the head in a demonic build?
    Im also not quite sure what talents I should be going with other than demonic. Before 7.2.5 I used to play 3-3-3-x-1-3 with Bloodlet and bracers.

As a sidenote, Ive got all T20 set items available. Same goes for T19.
    Thanks in advance.

Deleted
    Head +SotS for trash, Anger+ SotS for boss In 331X333, That's my combo. You can also switch head + boots Just for really heavy packs ( as first blobs at start of the Arcway per exemple). For no trash heavy instance (Kara Top) You can go Head + Anger / Shoulder + Anger or whatever sim better in single target damage, running 332X333.

If you have better Ilvl on your T19 than your T20, just go T19 head + anger, 331X333, it's one of the best combo.

Imho demonic is best even on tyrannical weeks. Since the boss fight is much longer you get nearly same dps as st build, since the burst on st build fall off after some time into the fight unless u get to use 2x meta (I also don't have leg shoulders :S )

On demonic got consistent 1m+ st dps (at least in dungs) and atop of it ton of self heal which is insanely good on tyra bosses who can do quite large amounts of dmg into the grp, same sustain is great on trash (overall healer got 1 less person to care about and thus easier job), also u get to stun alot. I experienced a lot of times where me and tank was only alive and finishing off trash or boss, the rest of grp didn't have enough ability to sustain large amounts of dmg (good example is pelters on trash affix weeks)

I would say st build is good if you have group composition with dps who can burn boss real quick (and leg shoulders atop of it). Also chaos cleave is garbo talent thanks to the set bonus. Throw glaive is absolute nonsense as you waste time where you could generate soul fragments instead.

As for the gear setup I had best results with high flat damage with around 45% crit and that is between 1.3-1.5m overall DPS compares to max crit and some haste setup which was around 1.1-1.2m overall DPS. Currently running 18+
    Last edited by oneclosetothesun; 2017-08-07 at 09:30 PM.