Thread: T21 Set Bonuses

Page 1 of 2
LastLast
    Deleted

T21 Set Bonuses

Yo,

Blizz releases some numbers for T21 sens:
    Item - Mage T21 Arcane 2P Bonus - Spending Arcane Charge Buffs Damage Each Arcane Charge you spend increases your damage dealt by 0% for 0 sec. 2% for 8 sec.
    Item - Mage T21 Arcane 4P Bonus - Generating Arcane Charge Grants Haste When you generate an Arcane Charge, you have a 0% 4% chance to increase your haste by 0% for 0 sec. 20% for 6 sec.

Item - Mage T21 Fire 2P Bonus - Combustion Duration Increases the duration of Combustion by 0 sec. 2.0 sec.
    Item - Mage T21 Fire 4P Bonus - Combustion Increases Crit Damage Combustion also increases your critical strike damage by 0% for its duration. 50% for 14 sec.

Item - Mage T21 Frost 2P Bonus - Flurry Damage Each successive ice bolt of a Flurry deals 0% more damage. cast of Flurry deals 25% more damage.
    Item - Mage T21 Frost 4P Bonus - Brain Freeze Buffs Frostbolt When you consume Brain Freeze, the damage of your next Frostbolt is increased by 0%. 75%.
    Fire set bonus looks OP as hell. Frost is Decent(?). Arcane needs further investigation. If you can stack the 2pc buff it may be stronk.

What do you think about them?

-----edit---------
    arcane set is crap...
    Last edited by mmoc5633d002d8; 2017-07-20 at 03:37 AM.

Deleted
    I dont think Frosts is decent at all. a 75% increase in 1 frostbolt is not all that much - especially when compared to Fires 4pc.

Guess we will just have to wait and see but I expect Frosts 4pc to be changed.

Quote Originally Posted by Caath View Post

Fire set bonus looks OP as hell.
    2sec 2P bonus is OP?One more, maybe two FB. It is crap with long combustion CD

Deleted
    As a frost mage, I'm looking on the bright side: I only need 2 pieces of this set.
    The set is massively boring for Frost though. Especially as the final tier set of the expansion it is a let down. It doesn't change your base rotation one iota.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Demandredd View Post
    I think he talks about 4-set, the 50% crit dmg on combu

Deleted
    Fire 4pc is too strong as first sim results from discord show (like +200k DPS).
    Though I don'T know which gear/talent setup. Kindling and Pyrotex gloves would also increase the bonuses. Nerfs incoming, I guess down to 15 or 20% .
    I'm also wondering why it's only 14 sec as the 2pc already increases the duration + relics if you have.

2pc looks low.
    Last edited by mmoc8f28c533f3; 2017-07-19 at 10:01 AM.

Struggling to believe that they will let that Fire 4p to go live like this. Hardcast pyros will hit like 10xtrucks. I am betting around 25% or even 15%. Still, Kindling + Pyrotex will get enormous value.

Frost 4p looks bad and boring.

Arcane set bonus seeks to further force the charge build up and discharge intended rotation. There's no rewards for finding ways to go around that rotation one way or another. (For example it was possible to never drop charges with lego helm and T19). I'm not very impressed that they need to add more bonuses in order to stimulate people to stick to the intended rotation.

Fire set brings focus back on Combustion. Wasn't the nerf on Combustion intended to shift the Fire Mage focus away from that one single cooldown and distribute it more evenly throughout the spec? What happened is Fire ended up performing worse than majority of specs and still not getting a buff to compensate. Now that set would be bringing us in the original situation. I don't understand it.

Frost is just damage increase, might as well be "increases damage done by %" Nothing to observe here.

Overall very unimpressed by the set bonuses in their current form. They are not creative, bring nothing new.
    Quote Originally Posted by munkeyinorbit View Post
    Blizzard do what the players want all the time.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Demandredd View Post
    2s is 2 casts more that will crit. Add to that 50% crit dmg bonus from 4pc and u have really strong set.

Btw. 4pc only is around 13% dmg increase.

2s is 2 casts more that will crit. Add to that 50% crit dmg bonus from 4pc and u have really strong set.

Btw. 4pc only is around 13% dmg increase.
    13% damage increase is ridiculous.

eta: Oh you mean overall to the spell, right?

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Zenfoldor View Post
    13% damage increase is ridiculous.

eta: Oh you mean overall to the spell, right?
    13% total increase in dmg

13% total increase in dmg
    MotherOfGod.jpg

Deleted
    Dislike the frost 4p, not because it is weak, it doesn't effect your playstyle at all.

That arcane 2P looks like they're trying to either a.) think of a way to make people take Charged Up again or b.) think of a way to make people never drop 2PT20. Stacking 8 seconds of an 8% damage buff, on top of 6 seconds of a 10% damage buff, on top of Arcane Power, via 2PT20/2PT21 should be fun.

The 4P seems super dubious, though, so much so that it feels like they swapped the numbers by mistake. A 20% chance at a 4% haste bonus seems way more reasonable than a 4% chance at a 20% haste bonus.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by davesignal View Post
    That arcane 2P looks like they're trying to either a.) think of a way to make people take Charged Up again or b.) think of a way to make people never drop 2PT20. Stacking 8 seconds of an 8% damage buff, on top of 6 seconds of a 10% damage buff, on top of Arcane Power, via 2PT20/2PT21 should be fun.

The 4P seems super dubious, though, so much so that it feels like they swapped the numbers by mistake. A 20% chance at a 4% haste bonus seems way more reasonable than a 4% chance at a 20% haste bonus.
    4% per charge to get 20% so it is like 16%. Having 80% chance to get 4% haste... that would be so bad xd

We know fire set wont go live like this so getting excited is pointless. Best you can hope for is it doesnt get completely gutted like the shoulders were.

arcane tier 20 4pc kinda blows. i sim higher pairing 2pc t19 with 2pc t20
    and tier 21? wtf

The frost mage 4 piece appears to be Blizz's way of trying to make GS a more relevant talent to give frost mages a possible 2nd spec to run. Idk how much it would actually help GS but it would be nice to see it become a viable option.

Herald of the Titans
    10+ Year Old Account
    Fire- I love it. I'm already planning on running gloves with this tier set, and I'll honestly probably combo bracers with them, and run rune and take it back to EN style. I much prefer Kindling anyway for fire, so this set is designed amazingly in my eyes.

Arcane- Looks like the rotation will involve keeping 2p t20, opening with CU+Barrage, hitting PoM, dropping rune, and passing DHs in the opening burst
    Sylvaeres-Azkial-Pailerth @Proudmoore

4% per charge to get 20% so it is like 16%. Having 80% chance to get 4% haste... that would be so bad xd
    4% for 20% haste is super unreliable and kind of overkill. I would much rather have a more consistent, lower amount than some sort of streaky nonsense.