View Poll Results: How far have you progressed?

Voters
541. This poll is closed
  • 7/9N

6 1.11%
  • 8/9N

9 1.66%
  • 9/9N

10 1.85%
  • 1/9H

5 0.92%
  • 2/9H

6 1.11%
  • 3/9H

22 4.07%
  • 4/9H

13 2.40%
  • 5/9H

29 5.36%
  • 6/9H

22 4.07%
  • 7/9H

38 7.02%
  • 8/9H

77 14.23%
  • 9/9H

39 7.21%
  • 1/9M

29 5.36%
  • 2/9M

24 4.44%
  • 3/9M

53 9.80%
  • 4/9M

30 5.55%
  • 5/9M

77 14.23%
  • 6/9M

12 2.22%
  • 7/9M

18 3.33%
  • 8/9M

22 4.07%
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst
    Quote Originally Posted by schwarzkopf View Post
    8/9N ... having a few issues with KJ dark phase. Happy with where I'm at, lots of time to do a few heroic bosses before 7.3

Also - LOL at the 6/9M, 7/9M and 8/9M vote count

0.47% of raiders at 6/9M
    0.30% of raiders at 7/9M
    0.07% of raiders at 8/9M
    Probably a few trolls yeah but MMO-C is known to be heavily skewed towards high-end players. Only a fraction of players read about the game, and only a fraction of those go into the forums, and only a fraction of those post in the forums.
    I am the one who knocks ... because I need your permission to enter.

Quote Originally Posted by Count Zero View Post
    Probably a few trolls yeah but MMO-C is known to be heavily skewed towards high-end players.
    Possibly, but unlikely it is skewed MORE, the MORE high level player you are

Challenge Mode : Play WoW like my disability has me play:
    You will need two people, Brian MUST use the mouse for movement/looking and John MUST use the keyboard for casting, attacking, healing etc.
    Briand and John share the same goal, same intentions - but they can't talk to each other, however they can react to each other's in game activities.
    Now see how far Brian and John get in WoW.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Bamboozler View Post
    I highly doubt that. But nothing is impossible, I suppose.

With people in the thread claiming to be 9/9M that aren't in Method, you don't see how the poll would be skewed? Okay. Sure thing.
    Group Therapy raids 2x 4h and they are 7/9
    My guild - Loot FTW raids 2x 4h and we are 6/9

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Bamboozler View Post
    I highly doubt that. But nothing is impossible, I suppose.

With people in the thread claiming to be 9/9M that aren't in Method, you don't see how the poll would be skewed? Okay. Sure thing.
    Eh? My guild raids twice a week, we're at 5/9m, currently ranked 46th for 2/day guilds. I'm pretty sure some guilds who list themselves as 1-2 raids per week on wowprogress don't strictly follow that rule, but ye there's a "casual hardcore" niche for sure. The person you're quoting is in one of the best guilds for that niche, it's legit.

If you're interested, here's a list of 2/week guilds.
    ( ° ͜ʖ͡°)╭∩╮

Quote Originally Posted by Kokolums View Post
    The fun factor would go up 1000x if WQs existed in vanilla

9/9H and we should have M Goroth and possibly Inquisition down tonight. Two 3-hour nights/week.

Would have Goroth by now if KJ heroic didn't take so long to nail down. Last kill only took two pulls, so that's a huge improvement.

10+ Year Old Account
    2x 2.5 hrs 7/9h

Killed Host tonight and Maiden took us about 1 hour of progression afterwards.

High Overlord
    10+ Year Old Account
    1 night x 3 hours

4/9 H

Deleted
    1 night x 3 hours, 8/9 HC.

Quote Originally Posted by schwarzkopf View Post
    8/9N ... having a few issues with KJ dark phase. Happy with where I'm at, lots of time to do a few heroic bosses before 7.3

Also - LOL at the 6/9M, 7/9M and 8/9M vote count

0.47% of raiders at 6/9M
    0.30% of raiders at 7/9M
    0.07% of raiders at 8/9M
    No way can this poll be considered scientific, with so many confounding variables, self-reporting being one of those.
    But I do believe the part where 8/9H and 5/9M are prevalent way-stations for active raiders atm.

"I Am Vengeance. I Am The Night. I Am Felfáádaern!"

Quote Originally Posted by Felfaadaern Darkterror View Post
    But I do believe the part where 8/9H and 5/9M are prevalent way-stations for active raiders atm.
    Yeah, but that's nothing to do with the poll above.

Challenge Mode : Play WoW like my disability has me play:
    You will need two people, Brian MUST use the mouse for movement/looking and John MUST use the keyboard for casting, attacking, healing etc.
    Briand and John share the same goal, same intentions - but they can't talk to each other, however they can react to each other's in game activities.
    Now see how far Brian and John get in WoW.

8/9 heroic, super casual 5 hour week guild

7/9H about 4 hours a week. Stuck on avatar because 3 marks for 10-12 people is dumb

Stats taken from wowprogress, assuming that the general progression order, given by the number of guilds who have killed the respective boss, in descending order, is:
    heroic: Goroth > Harjatan > DI > Sisters > Mistress > Host > Maiden > Avatar > KJ
    mythic: Goroth > Harjatan > DI > Sisters > Host > Mistress > Maiden > Avatar > KJ

If you subtract the number of guilds who have killed Harjatan from the number of guilds who have killed Goroth you get an approximate number of guilds who are at 1/9 heroic/mythic. Using this I made graphs to show the "bell curve" you were looking for, showing that indeed 8/9 H is a common point guilds are stuck at, however, in Mythic 3/9 and 1/9 appear more often than 5/9.
    This is of course not perfect because the numbers of players in heroic kills vary and it doesn't count pugs because it's only tracking guild kills but it's probably more accurate than a mmo-c poll and mostly accurate for Mythic, I guess, since Mythic is mostly done in guild with a roster of about 25 players.
    http://imgur.com/a/D841m

Deleted
    I'm 7/9 HC from healing pugs with a controller. Just keeps getting more difficult to find solid groups that don't require a curve or a higher ilvl.

2x3h, 9/9H. We start Mythic this coming week.

Quote Originally Posted by Pheros View Post
    2x3h, 9/9H. We start Mythic this coming week.
    Grats!
    /10 characters

"I Am Vengeance. I Am The Night. I Am Felfáádaern!"

High Overlord
    7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Demonthor View Post
    7/9 mythic

2 raiding days 4 hours each day.

We managed top 50 \o/
    Group Therapy? Lethal comin for that booty (not really)

Pugging I got to 9/9 N and 4/9 H