Deleted

Like to dust off my old Warlock for pvp. What are today's specs for arena and RBG's?

Preferably I want to grind out a single spec (because I actively play more classes) but I am in dubio about which spec that should be. I literally see every Warlock spec in arena and BG's just Affliction.

Is Affliction still doing well in all brackets?

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Deruyter View Post
    Preferably I want to grind out a single spec (because I actively play more classes) but I am in dubio about which spec that should be. I literally see every Warlock spec in arena and BG's just Affliction.

Honesty? Its not looking very good right now even for affliction out of the three specs it has the most squishy and with the loss of the 0.5 gcd talent our spread damage has taken a massive hit since the globals that used to save for other stuff CC/UAs was amazing as well as a bit nerf to UA burst.

For RBG's its still pretty good but even then Shadow Priests do everything affliction does but has better tankiness and brings better utility with silence and off heals. This is in arena and RBG's so my advice is dont bother with locks right now and role a sp.

Other specs wise demo still works in arena, but has 834271504597 moving parts that are just a pain in the ass to work with. Don't even bother with destro in 3s as with the amount of melee cleaves and interupts/stuns you will hardly ever get a chaos bolt off above 1500 rating.

So yeah you can do well as Affliction/Demo if you commit to it but like i said if i were you and you want to actually enjoy pvp atm id roll a SP.

Deleted
    General rules:
    When you have a healer and want to have a rather easy rotation, play affliction.
    When you don't have a healer, play destruction
    When you have a healer and are able to juggle a lot of "moving parts", play demo.

In 2s, especially without heal, Destro is nice because of the burst it has (3 Infernals, 3 Rifts, 2 or more chaosbolts). You will die rather quickly, though because your self-heal is basically non-existant.

In 3s, Affli is good when you have a heal and are not focused by melee. Then the pressure it builds up after a time is really good.

Quote Originally Posted by Socronoss View Post
    General rules:
    When you don't have a healer, play destruction
    Lol.

When you don't have a healer, don't play a warlock. Period. That's the state the class is in.

If you play Destro, maybe, MAYBE you use all your instants and get someone to 20% before dying anyway. If your partner can easily execute someone from 20% and take the remaining dude 1v1, then yeah, play Destro. You're still going to die every single game no matter what though.

If like me you don't enjoy being trained and dying every single damn match, find a healer. Warlocks in general are terrible for 2s. And no, a single destro lock on the 2v2 ladder who plays with multiglads being high rated doesn't "prove my point wrong"

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Spektroman View Post
    Lol.

When you don't have a healer, don't play a warlock. Period. That's the state the class is in.

If you play Destro, maybe, MAYBE you use all your instants and get someone to 20% before dying anyway. If your partner can easily execute someone from 20% and take the remaining dude 1v1, then yeah, play Destro. You're still going to die every single game no matter what though.

If like me you don't enjoy being trained and dying every single damn match, find a healer. Warlocks in general are terrible for 2s. And no, a single destro lock on the 2v2 ladder who plays with multiglads being high rated doesn't "prove my point wrong"
    Yeah, yeah, yeah, we get it. You think warlock is broken (in the bad way). And yet, you can play them in 2vs2. Something tells me that OP won't wanna be the next rank 1 gladiator, just some fun in PvP.

And yes, you are pretty much dead every game that you don't manage to burst your opponent away during your 40% def cd. If you use your tools properly (which I can't say I do myself - I kind of suck in PvP), you can actually survive quite a bit longer (teleport rune well placed, death coil well used, fear well used).
    Last edited by mmoc93c1e7e232; 2017-07-20 at 09:21 AM.

Personal portal and death coil same talent row

Deleted
    @Deruyter

Honestly, don't play a warlock. Affliction and Destro get killed in 5 seconds by melee cleaves, despite having very limited mobility. Only demo is properly tanky, but is obnoxious to play and deals mediocre dmg.

The class is in a terrible shape.

To get an idea look at this https://www.twitch.tv/videos/159265389. It's Maldiva, one of the best locks and the most popular Warlock pvp streamer. Skip to 28:30 and watch 'balance' unfold. You get tunneled to hell and back and you simply don't have the tankiness required to survive, you just run away without being able to do anything, then you die. And Blizzard won't do anything about it, it's been this way all expansion long.

So yeah, until they finally give Affliction Soul Link back (pruned cuz of class fantasy lulz) or buff Versatiity to 40% (so you get -20% dmg taken) forget about it, if you know what's good for your nerves.
    Last edited by mmocb78b025c1c; 2017-07-23 at 05:07 AM.

I tried PVPing in all patches and got pwnd all the time.. Maybe I just suck but Warlock was never for me a viable spec in PVP...

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Deruyter View Post

It's more the lack of alternatives.

Demo is alright but feels awkward in pvp.
    Destruction has little to no sustainability or escape, if you can get yourself ignored then the FNB build isn't bad for applying spread pressure in BGs / RBGs, but it's dreadful in arena and starts falling over when focused in BGs, but the same could be said for affliction with how squishy it feels these days.

Affliction just ends up being the fallback choice, though since the latest patch removed the 0.5s GCD talent that used to be bloody baseline I can't say I've had any joy in playing it, but it's able to provide spread pressure and has a lot more escape / is crippled a lot less by being sat on, presuming it can actually survive.

Like to dust off my old Warlock for pvp

I've....never heard those words before...