Page 1 of 3
LastLast

They really need to make timewalking dungeons not a weekly event anymore.

You know why? Cuz if you missed your warglaives the past week, you now have to wait three months to get another shot. Three. Months.

Making timewalking a weekly event was okay in the beginning, but now that we have four fucking expansions from which to do timewalking dungeons, it takes forever to get to the expansion you want. It's going to be even more insane if they add WoD dungeons.

So the way I see it they should either:

- Make timewalking a global event spanning all past expansions, and you can choose from which expansion you want to do timewalking dungeons
    - Make timewalking not a weekly event at all, but just something that's always available if you want to do it

Really, is it that hard? Weekly events were fun in the beginning, but now that there's such a godawful amount of them, if you're gunning for a specific one it's atrocious.

Who else knew the OP by the title?
    They always told me I would miss my family... but I never miss from close range.

Oh lord you missed the huge super opportunity to have yet another appearance on your weapons!!

Oh mighty god help us with this huge loss some people have to suffer through.

But yea, it's just an appearance, some things have to be rare.

Eh I agree with him to a point. I don't think all Timewalking dungeons should available 24/7 but I think Timewalking should be it's own weekly rotation. Let it rotate through each expansion each week, and let the Pet Battle, Area, BG, WQ, Whatever other weekly rotate on their own schedule.
    SWTOR Friend Referral code: http://www.swtor.com/r/DzSdz8
    (You get free stuff, I get free stuff, win/win!)

Deleted
    I don't see why you would be looking for one in particular.
    An appearance ? Then yes, you have to deserve it, the only effort you have to do is wait.
    Anything else ? Well, there isn't anything else that is TW-only.

Do you see people bitching about BMF ? About seasonal events ? No, it's because everyone understands that if they are always here, then all their rewards lose their importance, their value is diminished because everyone has them. And then, the same type of people come bitching around whining about the fact that there is nothing rare in wow anymore, that nothing require any effort whatsoever. It is exhausting, try to be happy with what you are given.

Agreed that the rotation has gotten a little ridiculous. Perhaps they could just combine the TW events. One week has BC/WOTLK, the other week has Cata/MoP.

Deleted
    Great that they are just events, otherwise people grind them to death because they can, then complain about no new content. This way the exclusivity remains a bit.
    Ps. why didn't you put "fucking" in the title once again? This lowers your reputation.

Quote Originally Posted by JustRob View Post
    Really, is it that hard? Weekly events were fun in the beginning, but now that there's such a godawful amount of them, if you're gunning for a specific one it's atrocious.
    Fury warriors share your pain.

OT, Timewalking stuff is fine as part of the rotation, but I'd prefer they lump all TW events together.
    Did you think we had forgotten? Did you think we had forgiven? Behold, now, the terrible vengeance of the Forsaken!

Deleted
    I think the downside to a constantly available timewalking raid (be it BT, or anything else they add in the near future) is that once the initial crowd get what they want in terms of appearances and stuff, good luck getting a group in the future unless they add more.

The example I use for this (which is anecdotal to me, and I assume some others might agree) was the massive rush to form raids to kill the opposing factions leaders for the mount.

Now, most people who have been in the game for a few years wont ever consider doing it ever again, so the uphill climb post the initial explosion of activity in that area will kick in quickly.

Now, the counter argument could be people still run old raids for mounts, but as its not guaranteed (unlike like the glaives if you have them as the prerequisite), there is more incentive to repeat it.

Well it comes back again. Just have to wait. As for keeping the time walking event going the bait will be gear. They will just up the item level so moderately gear folks will continue to go in and if its near normal level gear of the current tier that can titanforge and all that it will always be tempting.

Should we tell this guy that he missed out on the AQ gates opening + title + mount

10+ Year Old Account
    Well, my friend, I have been running Black Temple since it was At Content Level, and farming it for as many years since.

I have never seen the Warglaives drop, either of them.

Soooo, Get used to the idea that you can't just gobble content and expect to get the Exact thing you are looking for each time. That is a single player mindset and WoW is - sometimes unfortunately - not single player.
    Quote Originally Posted by melodramocracy View Post
    Gold and the 'need' for it in-game is easily one of the most overblown mindsets in this community.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Noodleface View Post
    Should we tell this guy that he missed out on the AQ gates opening + title + mount
    What? I have had a character parked there for about 7 years.

I missed it?

Deleted
    I couldn't be bothered to do it when it was active last week, but now I wants it, I needs it!

How would you ever have survived this achievement of having done all the Seasonal events that then awarded this purple protodrake? Sometimes, you can't have everything you want right now, just because you want it hard enough. That's life, get used to it.

Quote Originally Posted by Socronoss View Post
    I couldn't be bothered to do it when it was active last week, but now I wants it, I needs it!

How would you ever have survived this achievement of having done all the Seasonal events that then awarded this purple protodrake? Sometimes, you can't have everything you want right now, just because you want it hard enough. That's life, get used to it.
    But momma said he was special snowflake and when his team came in dead last he got a trophy too. Blizzard is so cruel for not continuing the practice.

Yeah, three months is really hard after i had the chance to farm warglaives for TEN FUCKING YEARS.

Quote Originally Posted by Anjerith View Post
    Well, my friend, I have been running Black Temple since it was At Content Level, and farming it for as many years since.

I have never seen the Warglaives drop, either of them.

Soooo, Get used to the idea that you can't just gobble content and expect to get the Exact thing you are looking for each time. That is a single player mindset and WoW is - sometimes unfortunately - not single player.
    Wow, sucks to be you. I got two warglaives on two different characters in one week and got the other one I needed on one of those characters the next week.

10+ Year Old Account
    I would like to see the Timewalking Dungeons get their own rotation, as some mentioned. Especially since we will get WoD dungeons next expansion, Legion dungeons the one after... well, yeah.

But I don't think they should be active all the time. Also, they should add the missing dungeons into the mix. There are sill so many TBC/WotLK/Cata dungeons missing and many of those were really cool.

Membah when these were weekend events, not weekly? I membah.

Timewalking should stay on rotation to keep interest and avoid burnout. But they should reevaluate the weight of all the events. Some people probably consider Pet Battles weekly a waste of a week, I consider Arena Skirmish a waste of a week. They should split them into PvP, PvE and General and have multiples during a week but on a brawl like rotation with breaks.

Quote Originally Posted by Socronoss View Post

Actually, I could be bothered. But I only had time to do it in the weekend because I work all day and I don't have enough time left in the evenings to do it before I have to go to sleep. We cleared the entire raid, then kept wiping on Illidan, it was 3am, people were leaving, we were all tired. We figured, we have an Illidan lockout, the next day we'll be able to join an Illidan only group and jump straight to Illidan.

Unfortunately because of Blizzard's shitty policy, I joined over ten different "Illidan only" groups, and with all of them the raid and all bosses were reset completely. Then everyone ragequit because it doesn't work the way they thought.

I then attempted to go through the raid from the beginning a second time with a new group, but after wiping three times on Supremus and then wiping on the trash mobs after him, the tanks ragequitted and everyone followed.

I didn't have time to start from scratch again. And chances are, even if I did the group would have just split again after wiping on something or other. People these days have no fucking patience. Which is why it would be great if Black Temple timewalking had been like LFR, automatic matchmaking. Then at least when people leave you just have to wait for others to be put in your group.