Thread: Downloads

Downloads

While on the forums, chrome gave me a warning that the site was pushing too many downloads, or something similar, asking if I would allow them. I didn't, but it had already downloaded this file called hbpix.

Sounded suspicious.

I've never seen anything like that. Do you have a screenshot?
    I'm one of those people with their PC specs listed in their signature now. Aryan PC Master Race.

I know you Intel fanboys are jelly over my brand new hardware:
    My Intel fidget spinner.

No, only happened this one time...

- - - Updated - - -

Actually, now there is a symbol in the right hand side of the address bar, an arrow pointing down with a red X, when I mouse over it, it says "this site tried to download many files automatically" (rough translation)

For MMO-C?
    *I'd rather be divisive than indecisive, drop the niceties!*

Yes, only showing on mmo-c forums

- - - Updated - - -

http://imgur.com/wJFeWZC
    Last edited by LMuhlen; 2017-07-19 at 07:51 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by LMuhlen View Post
    Yes, only showing on mmo-c forums

- - - Updated - - -

(fixed image embed)

You know I've been saying it too... something on MMO-C makes my browser freeze up.

I don't want to admit to reading MMO-C at work but... our network administrator has approached me and said he gets a lot of bandwith movement when I'm on MMO-C.
    *I'd rather be divisive than indecisive, drop the niceties!*

Quote Originally Posted by A dot Ham View Post
    You know I've been saying it too... something on MMO-C makes my browser freeze up.

I don't want to admit to reading MMO-C at work but... our network administrator has approached me and said he gets a lot of bandwith movement when I'm on MMO-C.
    Hmm, odd. Are you blocking adds? Our system at work shows this as a minimal site for us (then again, we run with a 400/900 connection), nor have I seen any downloads started, or cancelled from here.
    Stuff can be fixed, just get enough glue or duct tape!
    Roses are red, mana is blue. Suramar Guards, Will always find you!

The URL from your download history would be helpful.

Nothing from yesterday shows up in my download history... I guess since it aborted the download, it didn't register?

The file that did get downloaded also doesn't show there... it was a 1 kb file named hbpix, with no extension that I could see. I deleted it, though.

It isn't happening anymore today.

i get that too, i feel like mmo lets to many ads on without control o.o Or has very messed up html code

It sounds like a misconfigured ad. Hopefully it is gone now. If it pops up again get me the URL and I'll do what I can to stop it!

i bet thats it, it comes and goes for me, usually hangs around for 1-3 weeks then is gone.

I also got this. It's restricted to the front page.

It's the same url.

I've had malwarebytes warn me about blocking the following over the last few days:

image.ibb.co:53240.
    Being funny is mostly just telling the truth about things.

For those using Firefox may I suggest adding NoScript addon to Firefox. It stops the execution of script unless allowed and though it will require some attention every webpage you go to it will definitely make browsing safer. Its esp good for wowhead etc.

Hope this helps.