Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst
LastLast
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Exeris View Post
    If the statement from Perris police department is correct I don't see a problem.

Would like to see body cam footage.

- - - Updated - - -

Any specific reason why you are lying?
    It's easier to generalize than to use critical thinking I'd guess.

Quote Originally Posted by Quibble View Post
    I don't understand these questions? they are all answered in the article?

1: No
    2: No
    3: No (Even gave false names)
    4: No
    5: Yes
    That is my point exactly. The other vendors apparently didn't have permits, got ticketed, cooperated and didn't get 'brutalized'.
    If she had only done what the other vendors had done this mess could have been avoided. Instead she chose to give them false information about her identity. She then chose to not cooperate with them. She then chose to resist them even further. This is all on her.

So she was cited for a crime she knowingly commited? K.

Someone call Seppiroth, death to the flower girl!

"The video has prompted anger online, with some taking to the the department’s Facebook page to express their outrage.

“I'm saddened by the brutality for the poor woman selling flowers,” Felix Cortes wrote. "She should be compensated for her extremely traumatic treatment, and your officer should be dismissed and charged himself for his actions."

I love how Facebook gives voice to the witless and makes them think they're oh so heroic when they use it WITHOUT reading the facts. "Women arrested for selling flowers herp derp gonna gets on mah assbook and friend her herp derp da cop is in the rong fire his ass herp derp".

Quote Originally Posted by Ozzyorcborne View Post
    "The video has prompted anger online, with some taking to the the department’s Facebook page to express their outrage.

“I'm saddened by the brutality for the poor woman selling flowers,” Felix Cortes wrote. "She should be compensated for her extremely traumatic treatment, and your officer should be dismissed and charged himself for his actions."

I love how Facebook gives voice to the witless and makes them think they're oh so heroic when they use it WITHOUT reading the facts. "Women arrested for selling flowers herp derp gonna gets on mah assbook and friend her herp derp da cop is in the rong fire his ass herp derp".
    I know. It is pretty unbelievable.
    The police stop a bunch of people for doing something against the law. The police issue them a citation for breaking this law. For some reason an individual believes they should be treated differently than everyone else and then proceeds to give them false information about themselves(against the law). This individual then does not obey lawful commands of a police officer. And then resists officers while they are trying to take her into custody.
    Just think, if she had just acted like all those other vendors, all of this could have easily been avoided. If you are going to break the law you have to be willing to pay the penalty for getting caught.

They arrested Aerith?

Quote Originally Posted by Allybeboba View Post
    As usual we need more information.
    Did the other vendors have permits?
    Did this woman have a permit if one was required?
    Did she self identify when asked?
    Did she cooperate with the police officer's lawful commands?
    Did she resist them?

It seems she brought a lot of this anguish on herself.
    If you read the article they literally address every single one of those questions. O right.. you only link articles. You don't actually read them.

Quote Originally Posted by Bennett View Post
    Any specific reason why you think I'm lying?

- - - Updated - - -

Imagine how much less stupid there would be in the world if people didn't care about brownie points from saying nice things that no sane person actually believes
    I know. It is pretty unbelievable.
    The police stop a bunch of people for doing something against the law. The police issue them a citation for breaking this law. For some reason an individual believes they should be treated differently than everyone else and then proceeds to give them false information about themselves(against the law). This individual then does not obey lawful commands of a police officer. And then resists officers while they are trying to take her into custody.
    Just think, if she had just acted like all those other vendors, all of this could have easily been avoided. If you are going to break the law you have to be willing to pay the penalty for getting caught.
    What genuinely scares the hell out of me is how many people thinking that all the drivel they read on Facebook is somehow TRUE. "Oh its on facebook so it MUST be true". Sure, there are some positive uses to social media (very few) but it can do a world of harm when there is a posting frenzy.

OP gets his news off those crazy click-bait sites.

It's a good reminder that there's a log of crap news sites out there.

"This will be a fight against overwhelming odds from which survival cannot be expected. We will do what damage we can."

-- Capt. Copeland

Quote Originally Posted by Hablion View Post
    Fun Fact: A child's Lemonade Stand can be shutdown and will be if the child does not have a permit to sell lemonade
    Of course it can. So can bake sales and minor lottery sales for some local charity. I have never actually heard of this ever happening but it is good to know that the laws are in place should they be needed. Doubt that this will ever be an issue.

10+ Year Old Account
    Wilfire moaning about cops again; check

You know the rest

10+ Year Old Account
    Usually not on the cops side when shit like this pops up, but she was warned before being cited, then cited when she ignored warnings, and only then was arrested.

She wasn't arrested for selling flowers, she was cited for it.

The cops were actually right for once.
    Quote Originally Posted by Deleth View Post
    Ah come on Granyala, there's several possible reasons for it. A few that would get us banned here like pointing out a deficite in his mental capacity.
    Quote Originally Posted by Oktoberfest View Post
    Man I swear, every time someone uses the term 'Critical Thinking' I want to pop em in the mouth.

I love this OP, posts an article with a youtube link and doesn't say shit afterwards. Classic click bait.

Epic!
    15+ Year Old Account
    So to use an analogy... if I get pulled over for speeding, tell the cop my name is Santa Claus, and then sprint off across the highway, I might be tackled and arrested? THOSE THUGS WITH BADGES, HOW DARE THEY!?

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by mariovsgoku View Post
    If you read the article they literally address every single one of those questions. O right.. you only link articles. You don't actually read them.
    It's funny that you're the 3rd person to read and reply to that post and completely miss the context.

Focus less on the questions being asked and more on the "It seems she brought a lot of this anguish on herself.", which implies that Allybeboba read the article and answered all those questions already to reach that conclusion.

Big ol' WOOOOOOSH.

As usual we need more information.
    Did the other vendors have permits?
    Did this woman have a permit if one was required?
    Did she self identify when asked?
    Did she cooperate with the police officer's lawful commands?
    Did she resist them?

It seems she brought a lot of this anguish on herself.
    How about "Did you read the fucking article"........
    Jesus christ, how low effort can you get....

10+ Year Old Account
    Crazy how breaking the law gets you arrested.
    You're getting exactly what you deserve.

So? I don't even get what this is about, the woman broke the law and refused to cooperate with the authorities and got arrested?
    Well, they could have been more gentle while handcuffing her, but I assume they don't want to risk her pulling a weapon.