Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst
    Because I enjoy Resto and it's nice to be able to play a healer I can play well for once in WoW.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Bham51 View Post
    Title is the question. Why do you play a shaman?
    Lack of foresight to be honest. Can't be arsed to go through legendary farm on a different character, if given an option to switch to a viable class with similar progress, I'd do it without a second thought.

Because of this guy.

Priest Warrior
    You are not your role. You are not how much gold you have on your account.
    You are not the mount you ride. You are not the contents of your bank.
    You are not your epic purples. You are not a special and unique snowflake.
    You are the all-grinding, all-farming crap of Azeroth.

because when i kill a mythic raid boss, i know i've climbed up the hill backwards in the snow, blindfolded with blizzard shouting LUL U CUCK PLAY A MAGE/WARLOCK all the way up the hill.

an immobile caster with no survival no immunties shit mobility, the second mobs are spread out beyond CL range you're dead last on dps? you couldn't design a worse spec to play on harder mythic raid bosses.

Scarab Lord Triggered Fridgekin's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    I like Elemental because it's not bogged down in multi-dotting like most of the other casters, it's visually appealing and is easy to play. Having a shield and bulky mail armor is a nice bonus.

I hate Earthquake with such a passion though. That's been the Achilles heel for me since WotLK and they've tripled down on it in Legion. I can stand being a lumbering turret but god damn Earthquake is just a pile of garbage.
    Last edited by Triggered Fridgekin; 2017-07-21 at 04:04 AM.
    A soldier will fight long and hard for a bit of colored ribbon.

Quote Originally Posted by Bham51 View Post
    Title is the question. Why do you play a shaman?
    Because it's a class in a video game. And also because I like playing bland classes.

You like being on the bottom most of the time while still having the ability to occasionally be on the top.

Deleted
    Pretty much the same here: I enjoy the class and its play style ever since Burning Crusade. Started out as a Restoration Shaman and eventually learnt all three specs accordingly.
    Maining Enhancement now, with Restoration as its off-spec. Must admit though, Enhancement is becoming rather boring to me, so I'll give Elemental a shot. If that doesn't work out, it's time to DPS on my Shadow Priest.

I have already unsubbed but i mained a ele shaman for most of Legion. After reading the changes they want to force to Earthquake, that no one likes or use, I wont be back for sure.
    Oh so everyone likes the playstyle of chain lightning and think its really fun? Well we are nerfing Chain lightning and buffing Earthquake because we dont think you know whats fun.
    Fuck these devs and get a new team in here to save this game before Ion fucks it up beyond all hope
    Non nobis Domine, non nobis, sed nomini tuo da gloriam

Quote Originally Posted by Ansible View Post
    Because of this guy.

I also rolled a shaman after that video, and then the shaman review destroyed the spec.

Stood in the Fire
    10+ Year Old Account
    - You can play melee, caster or healer on one toon
    - Ghost Wolf
    - Totems
    - You can walk on water so easily, even Jesus would be jealous

- Ele can shoot lava bolts, roasting all boomkins in the way
    - Ele can make the earth tremble

- Enh can electrify the ground
    - Enh can self heal instantly, soloing nearly everything
    - Enh has wolves fighting on your side

- Resto can make people stand in the rain
    - Resto makes the girls get wet (and the boys too...)
    - Resto heal on demand, while druids hot everything and then hope for damage

The only real competition for shaman is druid. Druid is also very stylish, can use travel form outdoors or cat indoors, can swim faster in water. Has melee, range, healer and tank spec.

The difference is rather subjectiv.

- Cat is using dots, Enh is direct spells and hitting (but also not too simple)
    - Boomkin is simply funny, but in playstyle I do not see a significant difference to Ele
    - Resto Druid is more hots, good healing at constant movement, while Resto Shaman is healing directly, has lots of utility and can cast while running once in a minute
    - Shaman cannot play tank
    - Shaman cannot use stealth. I'm always super jealous if my wife's kittycat switched to stealth and goes directly for the quest mob.

I've seen you also placed you question at the pala forum, but to be honest: Pala is the classical hero knight, while shaman and druid are shape shifting, nature bound fantasy creatures. Nothing I would consider.

My wife plays druid and I play shaman, I can ensure you both are good options. Cat can be a bit difficult in the raid, but Weak Auras can help you with that.

I don't main a shaman but I do enjoy playing my shaman alt. Enhancement is a fun spec, especially with the recent changes, and Doomhammer is one of the cooler artifacts. It's a fast paced spec that does solid damage.
    Beta Club Brosquad

Because I like the pain in PvP. I like the visuals and the sounds, the class feels 'cool'. If now they'd only be effective...
    My Ele Shaman PvP YouTube channel: https://goo.gl/s0u6Hn