Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst
... LastLast
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Wyrt View Post
    He just told people in an interview that there's something illegal in his financials. I don't think there's a limit to his stupidity.

He's the guy that gets pulled over for drunk driving and goes, "I swear officer, I wasn't driving drunk! Don't look under the passenger seat, there's no beer there."
    I'm actually willing to give Trump the benefit of the doubt on this one. Maybe he's just worth less than he says he is or maybe he owns 16 websites dedicated to golden showers.

Quote Originally Posted by Wyrt View Post
    He really didn't pay attention to his history book. Particularly President Nixon's second term.
    You actually think Trump ever A) picked up a book that wasn't the safety manual for 'pumpkin orange shade car polish' and B) comprehended any of the words that were written in it? At first I thought his stupidity was just an act. These days I actually think this man has a disability.

Quote Originally Posted by fengosa View Post
    I'm actually willing to give Trump the benefit of the doubt on this one. Maybe he's just worth less than he says he is or maybe he owns 16 websites dedicated to golden showers.
    He's flirting with obstruction of justice again though. It sounds a lot like a threat against an independent investigator. 16 websites of golden showers isn't a crime. Threatening Mueller to influence a federal investigation is.

Now to see if he follows through on enforcing the "red line."

Quote Originally Posted by Allybeboba View Post
    What is the premise of this thread? The OP didn't input anything into the discussion.
    Does this sound familiar?
    Besides the fact that OP did it once and you did it close to once a hour for several days?

What this really reflects is simply that Trump is still sore about Sessions recusing himself, just like he's sore about Flynn leaving.

It's an admission of fault, he can't stand it.

Furthermore it leaves him with fewer means to exert pressure on the investigation.
    Quote Originally Posted by Tojara View Post
    Look Batman really isn't an accurate source by any means
    Quote Originally Posted by Hooked View Post
    It is a fact, not just something I made up.

Quote Originally Posted by belleflop View Post
    Republican congress members have already said if he fired mueller they will re-instate him to investigate the same thing outside of Trump's direct influence. I mean Trump is stupid, but does he think he can fire himself out of this scandal? History will not judge him lightly and the whole truth will eventually come out. Most of the watergate info came out many years AFTER the Nixon resigned. I look forward to the day that every single person who thought Trump was an American Hero turns out to find out he was Russian traitor. Hopefully there will be time for reflection for all of you.
    Yeah, they say that because it sounds good and has no consequence. That means precisely nothing when it comes to actually doing it.

Jeff Sessions was one of the first elected officials to support Donald Trump, and the first Senator. He was the host of Trump's first big rally in Alabama.

Donald Trump just showed how he rewards loyalty.

And this is how Trump will destroy himself. The day is fast approaching he will need allies, and find himself with none.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Mormolyce View Post
    What this really reflects is simply that Trump is still sore about Sessions recusing himself, just like he's sore about Flynn leaving.

It's an admission of fault, he can't stand it.

Furthermore it leaves him with fewer means to exert pressure on the investigation.
    He lashed out at both Sessions and Mueller in the interview. He's not very happy about the fact he's being investigated and can't control the story. Essentially he wanted to hire someone who would sweep it under the rug and that's not happening.

For someone who hates the NYT, the Orange Turd sure spilled his stupidity to the newspaper.

I'm too lazy to link but the reporter first question in the room was about lunch and Trump railed on Hillary and rambled on.

Quote Originally Posted by Skroe View Post
    Jeff Sessions was one of the first elected officials to support Donald Trump, and the first Senator. He was the host of Trump's first big rally in Alabama.

And this is how Trump will destroy himself. The day is fast approaching he will need allies, and find himself with none.
    This is the thing that sticks out to me, too. Who wants to work for a guy who's going to cry about your decisions to everyone the second you don't do exactly as he says? How does that promote the loyalty Trumps seems to require of everyone?

What is the premise of this thread? The OP didn't input anything into the discussion.
    It's almost like he doesn't do it 10x a day. Which is what you got banned for. You get banned because of things you do. It's not the mods' fault they look at your posting history.
    Quote Originally Posted by Rudol Von Stroheim View Post
    I do not need to play the role of "holier than thou". I'm above that..

10+ Year Old Account
    How does that expression go, throwing stones in glass houses?

This interview was great.

"Sessions recusing isn't fair!"

Or the "Whatever you do don't look in the trunk!" line by telling Mueller not to look at his finances.

Its hard to understand exactly how stupid this orange trash is.

Quote Originally Posted by Ripster42 View Post
    It's almost like he doesn't do it 10x a day. Which is what you got banned for. You get banned because of things you do. It's not the mods' fault they look at your posting history.

However, if you look, I did comment in my initial posts. How would one know what I got banned for as my posts did not indicate any infractions now did they? That is, unless there is a conspiracy to get people banned for posting things people do not like.

Ever back to topic...
    Hindsight is always 20/20.

No reasonable person can read the interview transcript and think that Trump is mentally stable. If you compare this to his interviews from even 5 or 10 years ago, it’s clear his mind is going.

https://www.nytimes.com/2017/07/19/u...ranscript.html
    Help control the population. Have your blood elf spayed or neutered.

10+ Year Old Account
    The possibility of him going off the rails and demanding Mueller fired has gone up. And Mueller is the type of guy with a contingency plan.

Resident Cosplay Progressive

Quote Originally Posted by Shon237 View Post
    For someone who hates the NYT, the Orange Turd sure spilled his stupidity to the newspaper.

I'm too lazy to link but the reporter first question in the room was about lunch and Trump railed on Hillary and rambled on.
    It's all part of his grand 5D chess strategy. He honestly says stupid shit to "FAKE NEWS" outlets like the New York Times in interviews, which he grants to those evil and failing "FAKE NEWS" outlets despite them being "FAKE NEWS", and then he gets to spend days/weeks claiming that he didn't actually say what he said in those interviews, it was all taken out of context, and these are nothing more than proof of how "FAKE NEWS" the failing New York Times is.

You've gotta start looking into the fifth dimension, man. Four dimensions isn't enough for this.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Edge- View Post
    It's all part of his grand 5D chess strategy. He honestly says stupid shit to "FAKE NEWS" outlets like the New York Times in interviews, which he grants to those evil and failing "FAKE NEWS" outlets despite them being "FAKE NEWS", and then he gets to spend days/weeks claiming that he didn't actually say what he said in those interviews, it was all taken out of context, and these are nothing more than proof of how "FAKE NEWS" the failing New York Times is.
    The most interesting thing to me about that interview in the NYT is how very clearly it comes across that he wants the paper's approval. In one sense it's the "respectable" paper of his home town for most of his adult life. I think that's why he keeps giving them premium interview time while at the same time complaining about them to his base. But he really really wants the Times to like and respect him.
    "...money's most powerful ability is to allow bad people to continue doing bad things at the expense of those who don't have it."

Quote Originally Posted by Skroe View Post

Trump thought the title was "Führer"

Quote Originally Posted by MoanaLisa View Post
    The most interesting thing to me about that interview in the NYT is how very clearly it comes across that he wants the paper's approval. In one sense it's the "respectable" paper of his home town for most of his adult life. I think that's why he keeps giving them premium interview time while at the same time complaining about them to his base. But he really really wants the Times to like and respect him.
    That's always been Trump's thing. He rants and throws tantrums like a fucking toddler but that's been his deal for YEARS. He basically begs the media and the actual elite social circles to accept him and sing his praise. Trump has always been a classless buffoon begging for the acceptable of his "peers" and it's been argued that it's the main reason he even ran for president.

If he lost, he got to do his TrumpTV which he already laid the groundwork for and make millions on Breitbart/Infowars TV shows. If he won, he got to give the finger to everyone who slighted him while also expecting everyone and the media to sing his praises.

That's why this whole fake news thing he keeps pushing is so damn laughable. He tries to discredit these news organizations but he still watches them religiously hoping they'll praise him.
    Quote Originally Posted by Connal View Post
    From my perspective it is an uncle who was is a "simple" slat of the earth person, who has religous beliefs I may or may not fully agree with, but who in the end of the day wants to go hope, kiss his wife, and kids, and enjoy their company.
    Connal defending child molestation