Page 1 of 2
LastLast

The real problem with the Broken Shore.

Through everything, this is what I dislike the most about the broken shore.

Does this look like people who are leading an assault on a huge enemy? They look like they are waiting for a bus. At least put them around a table with a map of the broken shore to look like they are commanding something. Not to mention Illidan wouldn't be standing there, he'd be out kicking some ass.

Blizz needs to hire someone who knows how to position NPCs.
    If what doesn't kill you, makes you stronger. Then I should be a god by now.

Yeah, this is the real problem with the broken shore. Not the lack of a story involving Kil'jaeden and the tomb, but this.

I think it's fitting

You know, because we're the ones actually doing the work while they stand around, make dialogue, then steal all of the credit.
    The proper waifu is a wholesome supplement for one's intrinsic need for belonging and purpose.

I am just glad we can fly there.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Pandragon View Post
    Through everything, this is what I dislike the most about the broken shore.

Does this look like people who are leading an assault on a huge enemy? They look like they are waiting for a bus. At least put them around a table with a map of the broken shore to look like they are commanding something. Not to mention Illidan wouldn't be standing there, he'd be out kicking some ass.

Blizz needs to hire someone who knows how to position NPCs.
    Hmm, I think they are fine there, they are at the heart of the base of assault. At least not away from the isle. As well, they do hold us bound by tasks when needed. As for Illidan, maybe a change of heart? I mean, he IS wanted by the enemy, wouldn't be smart to jump in to their hands again.
    FOMO: "Fear Of Missing Out", also commonly known as people with a mental issue of managing time and activities, many expecting others to fit into their schedule so they don't miss out on things to come. If FOMO becomes a problem for you, do seek help, it can be a very unhealthy lifestyle..

Deleted
    But but on the quest to get the aegis they are all like "you do this and ill do this" and then they purposely stride off to the battlefield.

Also, the one table available constantly gets blown up by the legion! I wouldn't wanna stand near THAT table.

This is definitely the biggest issue regarding that area. Not the fact that the land resembles Satan's butthole or the lack of NS drops or anything like that, but this.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Pull My Finger View Post
    What a stupid thread.
    + 1

By the way you don't need a damn table or a map, the zone is small, you can literally go on top of mage tower and see the whole island... You need to imagine that the real threat is the Tomb. If you think about it, when you do the Anduin quest chain, all of character reach effortessly the very gates of the Tomb. The Legion is a swarm, they don't actually follow a strict military strategy: they spawn in one place, you go and kill them until they spawn again.

Khadgar telling bad puns, Illidan being arrogant as usual, Velen flirting with Maiev - those guys have set their priorities right. It's us who are exaggerating.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Santura View Post
    This is definitely the biggest issue regarding that area. Not the fact that the land resembles Satan's butthole or the lack of NS drops or anything like that, but this.
    You are exactly right.

--- Want any of my Constitutional rights?, ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ
    I come from a time and a place where I judge people by the content of their character; I don't give a damn if you are tall or short; gay or straight; Jew or Gentile; White, Black, Brown or Green; Conservative or Liberal. -- Note to mods: if you are going to infract me have the decency to post the reason, and expect to hold everyone else to the same standard.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Tyron View Post
    Yeah, this is the real problem with the broken shore. Not the lack of a story involving Kil'jaeden and the tomb, but this.
    The entire patch up to and including the opening of ToS was a story involving Kil'jaeden and the tomb. The Cathedral of Eternal Night was pretty much all story, and the Tomb of Sargeras itself basically has Kil'jaeden interacting with you throughout.

With that in mind, I have to ask you: have you even played the fucking game? And if you did, did you actually pay attention?
    It's not Blizzard's fault that you have the attention span of a gnat.

Deleted
    Yep. It showed up on the flight path from Dalaran, but disappeared once I was on the Broken Shore.The problem was that creatures still don't have item drops.

As a shore that is suppose to be broken it is still rather in tack.

Elemental Lord
    7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Atrea View Post
    The entire patch up to and including the opening of ToS was a story involving Kil'jaeden and the tomb. The Cathedral of Eternal Night was pretty much all story, and the Tomb of Sargeras itself basically has Kil'jaeden interacting with you throughout.

With that in mind, I have to ask you: have you even played the fucking game? And if you did, did you actually pay attention?
    After 7.1 Insurrection expectations were really high. Most sad thing is that they had time and resources to create proper Broken Shore campaign, but it all went to class quests. From perspective I think they would make major questline for everybody and short scenarios for class mounts.

But what's done is done, Argus have a proper questlines leading both to dungeon and raid. Funny thing that forums will uproar anyway, because Blizzard obviously will gate it with time (like Broken Shore/Insurrection) or with reputation (like Suramar).

it would be more realistic if there was a table with a plate of donuts and a thermos of coffee there. Seeing Illidan with a cup of coffee in one hand and a big cigar in the other would make me more interested in him as a character. By the way...you're riding a mount that has a keg of beer on the back so you're not exactly adding to my immersion here buddy.

Deleted
    Yeah the vibe is completely wrong, I agree.

I actually expected them to do more when my reputation progressed and new quests came available, but they are still just standing there idle.

Running errands doing things we'd be doing anyway now counts as a story?

I'm sorry, but kill x demons here and y demons over there when pretty much everything we've been doing up until now was killing demons doesn't really push my buttons as storytelling. And nothing that is in the quest description (and iirc the text there wasn't overwhelming anyway) could change that. It just doesn't make sense that killing a handful more pawns would somehow seriously hamper the enemy.

Quote Originally Posted by Dracullus View Post
    After 7.1 Insurrection expectations were really high. Most sad thing is that they had time and resources to create proper Broken Shore campaign, but it all went to class quests. From perspective I think they would make major questline for everybody and short scenarios for class mounts.

But what's done is done, Argus have a proper questlines leading both to dungeon and raid. Funny thing that forums will uproar anyway, because Blizzard obviously will gate it with time (like Broken Shore/Insurrection) or with reputation (like Suramar).
    or if they don't gate it, all the no lifes will do it all at once then bitch the rest of the time that they don't have anything to do

It was a story involving Mephistroth and the tomb. I haven't seen Kil'jaeden once between the patch-cinematic and encountering the Avatar of Sargeras.