Poll: Monkey in Backyard. What would you do ?

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst
    15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Ozyorkbourne View Post
    They're an invasive species posing a threat to the human population. That makes them subject to pest control laws and regulations in addition to invasive species measures. Living in the UK i'd report it. Hopefully traps would be set and they would just be destroyed humanely.
    Set a lethal trap and you'd have a lot of dead Floridamans.
    Quote Originally Posted by derpkitteh View Post
    i've said i'd like to have one of those bad dragon dildos shaped like a horse, because the shape is nicer than human.
    Quote Originally Posted by derpkitteh View Post
    i was talking about horse cock again, told him to look at your sig.

I wouldn't go anywhere near those things.

I ran into a few locals that had them as pets and kept leashed with chains in Afghanistan. When they get pissed off they're loud and fast.....and those fangs..

Quote Originally Posted by Ozyorkbourne View Post
    They're an invasive species posing a threat to the human population. That makes them subject to pest control laws and regulations in addition to invasive species measures. Living in the UK i'd report it. Hopefully traps would be set and they would just be destroyed humanely.
    In many cases trapping and killings are ineffective as those who are destroyed leave vacancies for others of those species to thrive.

In Maryland, we almost entirely eradicated the nutria by setting traps for them, sterilizing them and releasing them back into the wild.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Dkwhyevernot View Post
    I thought you were going to say white house and not Georgia.
    Orangutans are apes not monkeys

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Atethecat View Post
    In many cases trapping and killings are ineffective as those who are destroyed leave vacancies for others of those species to thrive.

In Maryland, we almost entirely eradicated the nutria by setting traps for them, sterilizing them and releasing them back into the wild.

- - - Updated - - -

Orangutans are apes not monkeys
    There's no way humans evolved from monkeys...

As much as it might be cool to have a pet monkey, I've seen too many movies where the monkey is what causes an outbreak. Sorry lil bro, I'm calling the Wildlife Feds on yo monkey ass.
    Quote Originally Posted by THE Bigzoman View Post
    Meant Wetback. That's what the guy from Home Depot called it anyway.
    ==================================
    If you say pls because it is shorter than please,
    I'll say no because it is shorter than yes.
    ==================================

I'd report it to Animal Control but wouldn't wait more than a day for them to respond and clear them. After that I'd have to take matters in my own hands for the protection of my family and neighbors. Since my backyard is surrounded by a 5 foot stone wall, I could pretty safely use a .22 rifle.

Quote Originally Posted by Winter Blossom View Post
    I'd stay inside and call animal control.
    Apparently according to the article it wouldn't do much though since it's a known problem. It's not like 1-2 of them here or there. It's an infestation that something higher than animal control would need to handle.

Put out a bowl of "monkey chow" laced with birth control pills.

"This will be a fight against overwhelming odds from which survival cannot be expected. We will do what damage we can."

-- Capt. Copeland

Deleted
    just finish the game...

Yeah, this isn't a couple of monkeys. This is literally thousands that have been growing and thriving since the 1930's. It's neither a new nor small problem. Its been going on long enough that there's multiple troops of monkeys.

You have to understand, where this all started is backed up to the Ocala National Forest. It is 607 square miles and is the second largest protected forest in the US.
    Last edited by Bodakane; 2017-07-20 at 04:24 PM.

The Lightbringer
    15+ Year Old Account
    Central Florida is already weird with Florida man and bears walking around in public. But now monkeys?

I'll stick to living here in South Florida wear gators coming into my backyard is normal and giant Burmese pyhton snakes living in the everglades.

Quote Originally Posted by Dkwhyevernot View Post
    There's no way humans evolved from monkeys...
    No, we evolved from a common ancestor that split from chimpanzees and gorillas. We're actually more closely related to chimpanzees than gorillas are and much closer related to gorillas than we are to orangutans.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Atethecat View Post
    No, we evolved from a common ancestor that split from chimpanzees and gorillas. We're actually more closely related to chimpanzees than gorillas are and much closer related to gorillas than we are to orangutans.
    I hoped my might have flagged my comment...

10+ Year Old Account
    I'd like to get a single small monkey, specifically to ride around on our wide-backed pure bred Australian Shepard and scratch her back, since her stubby legs couldn't dream of reaching there.

Deleted
    I cant even believe OP really added a "kill it" option. And i cant believe people selected that option even more.

People never cease to amaze me.

No matter what, i would bring it to wildlife officials. Monkeys are no pets for home.