Page 2 of 23 FirstFirst
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by agentsi View Post
    Anyone else still a little annoyed that Thrall cheated, and Blizzard never owned up to it? I feel like Garrosh was setup to fail from the start.

On Topic though... I like the idea of a strong Orc Warrior in the game. And hopefully, Grommash skin models would be awesome.
    Feelt the same, I hade so much hope for him(And love), and I really liked it, he was a guy that wanted to protect the Horde, and hade problems to cowork with others with a diffrent mindset, there could been a very interesting story to tell there. But it just ended up him becoming a villain. Which I think is sad. As you said, like they builded up for him becoming the villain, or fail in this case.

As for to HotS Garrosh, I am looking forward to see him! But I must say that I am very surprised, I didn't expect they would do Garrosh over Grom.

10+ Year Old Account
    Meh. He just doesn't seem to bring anything thematically exciting, at least for me.

Yeah, it was about time to get a traditional Orc, but he is just another WoW Warrior unless they give him some Old God or Iron Machinery twist here and there. On top of that I doubt he will be an Assassin as we already have Samuro and Thrall. I guess he will be a Warrior, but looking at him I doubt he will be a solo tank so yet another Bruiser who might be way too similar to Sonya.

I don't know, but he might be a ton of fun to play. Also, bonus points for being a dick.

We now have enough Orcs and enough Humans to have them make up an entire match on their own... and not a single goddamn Draenei.

Heck, we have two pandas before even one goat!

(And one of the humans is technically a Worgen now)
    Last edited by Mixxy; 2017-07-20 at 04:47 PM.

hoping to see more and more villains

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by agentsi View Post
    Anyone else still a little annoyed that Thrall cheated, and Blizzard never owned up to it? I feel like Garrosh was setup to fail from the start.

On Topic though... I like the idea of a strong Orc Warrior in the game. And hopefully, Grommash skin models would be awesome.
    Thrall literally lost his shaman powers and was rejected by the elements because he didn't honor that fight. Its why things went so badly for the horde at the start of the expansion.

Relieved it turned out to be Garrosh after all. Grom is one of those characters, like Illidan, that I have never understood the appeal of. The guy sold out his race, twice, for demonic power, and even in a universe where he didn't, he still became a bloodthirsty warmonger.

Garrosh might be an asshole but at least, in his own demented way, he always thought he was doing what was best for his people, and Cata even showed that he could have been an honorable warrior in his own right...you know, before Blizzard spiked the Villain Ball hard at him in MoP.

Speaking of which, while I don't doubt that he will have abilities and/or talents that reference stuff from MoP and WoD, here's hoping that personality-wise, he's more like his Cata self, than "Literally Orc Hitler" from MoP onward.

Ooh, ooh and I hope he has a special beginning of the match conversation with Sylvanas, where she says something snide, and he uses his "Watch your clever mouth, bitch!" line again. I think the fact that he called Sylvanas a bitch to her face is why I will never completely hate Garry, despite all his other problems.
    "Go back...I just want to go back...!"

Quote Originally Posted by Adramelch View Post
    Yet Varian is multiclass.
    Well, Varian was pretty much shown as fighting in his 2 assassin specs in Legion trailer and his sword + shield are pretty much his father's weapons from Warcraft movie. Makes much more sense for him to be multiclass than Garrosh, whom we've only seen doing the typical warrior stuff. My bet on his kit is:

Q - typical axe swing, maybe with a slow
    W - either something like a damage power-up for his Q and AAs or a dash
    E - I can absolutely bet he will have his signature grab + face smash combo. He did that in Stonetalon, he did it to Thrall, he did it to Taran Zhu. It will probably work similar to Dehaka's grab. There are 2 ways it might work, if his W isn't a dash, this skill will be a dash + grab, but the trade-off might be that he won't be able to move for the duration. If W is a dash, it will just be a natural combo of W + E.

As for ults, the ideas flying around here are good, 1 might be related to Sha, the other will definitely be Iron Star.
    Quote Originally Posted by Maxos View Post
    When you play the game of MMOs, you win or you go f2p.

Happy to see Garrosh again, both because we'll be able to crush people with a Warrior's might and Gorehowl, and because we can have another arena for kicking his racist butt over and over again! ^_^

Can't wait to see his kit, I'm expecting/hoping he'll be somewhere between Sonya/TBoF Varian.

Quote Originally Posted by Mixxy Scratch View Post
    We now have enough Orcs and enough Humans to have them make up an entire match on their own... and not a single goddamn Draenei.

Heck, we have two pandas before even one goat!

(And one of the humans is technically a Worgen now)
    I think a big problem with Dreanei is that there are so few noteable ones. Velen and Maraad are the big ones and there's a case to be made for Yrel, though she's barely more noteable than characters like Godfrey or w/e. There might be others I just don't know of but they're likely not too noteable either. At the same time, people might want Moira/Anduin aswell and Anduin is gonna have a lot of overlap with Velen.

10+ Year Old Account
    Hell yeah, finally

Quote Originally Posted by Airlick View Post
    Well, Varian was pretty much shown as fighting in his 2 assassin specs
    Both those specs would qualify as bruiser for me.

Anyway I don't doubt he'll be a Warrior but throwing luls for stuff like that is a bit weird, given Blizzard's record of retconning whatever they feel they need to retcon.

I don't like Garrosh really, but the fantasy of an orc Warrior is one I can very easily dig. Wonder if he's going to be a bruiser or an assassin, since I strongly doubt he's a tank.

Quote Originally Posted by RadasNoir View Post
    Speaking of which, while I don't doubt that he will have abilities and/or talents that reference stuff from MoP and WoD, here's hoping that personality-wise, he's more like his Cata self, than "Literally Orc Hitler" from MoP onward.
    He is going to have his Nagrand personality "Inbred Emo Farmer". One of his Ults will be the Lennie puppy pet where he slowly strokes a hero to death.

I would want him to be a solo tank, so that we can run a full orc team. A tank that can be customized into a bruiser would be great.

15+ Year Old Account
    Still waiting on the rock'n'roll race car
    ( ° ͜ʖ͡°)╭∩╮

Quote Originally Posted by Kokolums View Post
    The fun factor would go up 1000x if WQs existed in vanilla

10+ Year Old Account
    Land of human potential (and non-toxic masculinity)
    I just hope he will have heavy handed hitler skin.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by gypsybob View Post
    Thrall, Garrosh, Reghar, Samuro and Gul'Dan.

The orc dream team is a reality.
    Only if Garrosh can tank. If not, its an orc team with sub-par preformance.

And I strongly doubt Garrosh will be an actual tank - Bruiser is the tankiest he can be I believe.
    Quote Originally Posted by Moounter View Post
    I think your problem is a lack of intellect.

Pretty confident he'll be the 2nd multiclass hero.

Too many standalone warriors/assassins as it is.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Mixxy Scratch View Post
    Also this.

A while back I was pretty confident that the next hero would be Velen as a support.

Maybe Maraad/Yrel.

Instead we got Stukov.

A Draenei is very overdue. We even have 'side races' in the game right now (Dryad/Ogre/etc).

This is a weird looking Kel'thuzad (sorry i just had to).

10+ Year Old Account
    Oh come on already! Another orc?! Where's my draenei?! The only playable WoW race still missing (yes I count chromie as gnome and Sylv as undead)

Quote Originally Posted by Viikkis View Post
    Oh come on already! Another orc?! Where's my draenei?! The only playable WoW race still missing (yes I count chromie as gnome and Sylv as undead)
    Draenei already have Zeratul tassadar and That other guy.