Page 22 of 23 FirstFirst ...
LastLast
    10+ Year Old Account
    Okay, just picked him up with gold (was going to get the full hero/skin/mount bundle but.... eh).

There is a greater than 100% chance he'll get buffed in the next patch. He just doesn't feel... worthy. He doesn't do any damage, which I guess is fine, as he's intended to be a Tank, but he's not particularly durable either, as his armor doesn't kick in till he's at such a low level of health that he's going to die soon regardless.

I'm thinking maybe change his trait to something like 1 armour per 1.5% health missing, so it caps out at 50% around 25% health remaining... instead of 1% health remaining. Then buff his health a little, and maybe increase his healing a tiny amount.
    Check out the blog I write for LEGENDARY Indie Label Flicknife Records:

Blog Thirty is live! In which we discuss our latest releases, and our great new line of T-shirts.
    https://www.flickniferecords.co.uk/blog/item/30-blog-30

10+ Year Old Account
    I personally doubt Garrosh can solo tank, but he can work as a main tank in double Warrior composition.

I think his only strength is finding picks, but he struggles with forcing engagements and deals little damage. I personally think his survivability is more or less fine, he just get's punished really hard because of no mobility or active mitigation. I just don't know a situation where he is actually a best option right now, he does most things good, but is never good at anything.

Solo tanks needs to force a aggressive engagement themselves (Anub'arak, Muradin, Diablo), force enemy team into engaging onto them (Stitches), be great defensive tanks (Johanna, Arthas) or being average at all things while having high impact Heroics (E.T.C., Tyrael). Garrosh does none of that really, but little bit of everything. Yet his damage is so low he struggles fitting a secondary Warrior role as he can't solo lane or do nothing around the map.

Quote Originally Posted by RH92 View Post
    he can't solo lane
    Pick the Bloodthirst talent at level 4 and he'll rip a wave down in no time.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Nerraw View Post
    Pick the Bloodthirst talent at level 4 and he'll rip a wave down in no time.
    Played with it, no he won't rip a wave in a time. Especially when you have almost any other Hero on the other side of lane.

10+ Year Old Account
    I personally doubt Garrosh can solo tank, but he can work as a main tank in double Warrior composition.
    He is a niche pick and sucks balls against magic damage. He is the best tank for peeling Genji, Tracer or other bullshit off your Nazeebo, so.. there it is. As almost every character in the game - you shouldn't blindly pick him into a fucked up comp and expect to win
    Quote Originally Posted by Urban Dictionary
    Russians are a nation inhabiting territory of Russia an ex-USSR countries. Russians enjoy drinking vodka and listening to the bears playing button-accordions. Russians are open- and warm- hearted. They are ready to share their last prianik (russian sweet cookie) with guests, in case lasts encounter that somewhere. Though, it's almost unreal, 'cos russians usually hide their stuff well.

Quote Originally Posted by Charge me Doctor View Post
    He is a niche pick and sucks balls against magic damage. He is the best tank for peeling Genji, Tracer or other bullshit off your Nazeebo, so.. there it is. As almost every character in the game - you shouldn't blindly pick him into a fucked up comp and expect to win
    Considering the way his Q and E both work, good luck at getting a halfway competent Tracer or Genji off anyone. They can pretty much dodge your peels without effort without ever leaving whatever they're actually trying to kill. I recently saw a Garrosh trying to do just that to a Tracer, and it was hilarious.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Stormcall View Post
    Considering the way his Q and E both work, good luck at getting a halfway competent Tracer or Genji off anyone. They can pretty much dodge your peels without effort without ever leaving whatever they're actually trying to kill. I recently saw a Garrosh trying to do just that to a Tracer, and it was hilarious.
    Genji moves in with his dash and gets out with jump, dash is easily telegraphed ability, i have no problems landing lunar strikes on Genji and i have to problem landing groundbreaker. The only way to not be able to pull this off is when you are out of position or don't know who Genji is going to target, but when you actually know what you are doing and see where Genji will want to be to attack your Morales - it's very easy to peel. If Genji uses his jump to get away from a groundbreaker... it's already a victory since he won't be doing much without it, he'll either die, or he'll be protected by allies (which kills the purpose of picking Genji in the first place)
    Russians are a nation inhabiting territory of Russia an ex-USSR countries. Russians enjoy drinking vodka and listening to the bears playing button-accordions. Russians are open- and warm- hearted. They are ready to share their last prianik (russian sweet cookie) with guests, in case lasts encounter that somewhere. Though, it's almost unreal, 'cos russians usually hide their stuff well.

10+ Year Old Account
    Even if you throw them away, with their absurd mobility they should get back to fight in no time. I found Garrosh to be best at ruining enemy Warrior engages and punishing low mobility Heroes, especially melee ones.

And no, he doesn't suck against magic damage. He is bad at dealing with high burst damage, it is a difference. For example Lunara poison is magic damage too.

10+ Year Old Account
    Even if you throw them away, with their absurd mobility they should get back to fight in no time. I found Garrosh to be best at ruining enemy Warrior engages and punishing low mobility Heroes, especially melee ones.

And no, he doesn't suck against magic damage. He is bad at dealing with high burst damage, it is a difference. For example Lunara poison is magic damage too.
    They both have limited amount of gap closers which are also their only escapes (excluding tracer), if you pull Genji - he can't shotgun important targets (and will do average damage without it), if you follow that with a throw - he will be killed or will have to escape from a fight leaving you in 5v4, he can't go back into a fight without wasting him jump - Genji without jump to get away is dead Genji. I find Garrosh to be extremely good at both setting up kills and acting as a protecting against backline dives.

Anyways, point is - Garrosh forces champs like Grey, Genji or Tracer to waste their escapes and reduce their killing ability to almost nothing, forcing them to either retreat or take bad positions where they can be killed.

Yes, and he sucks against Lunara because of that. He has really low healthpool to compelsate for his trait

10+ Year Old Account
    Yes, and he sucks against Lunara because of that. He has really low healthpool to compelsate for his trait
    He is bad against Lunara because he has no mobility while Lunara can kite him around.

Against the 'speed' of Lunara damage, Garrosh has actually higher effective health pool than Arthas who has around 25% more baseline health.

He is the best tank for peeling Genji, Tracer or other bullshit off
    Varian/Diablo have more reliable CC.

Genji moves in with his dash and gets out with jump, dash is easily telegraphed ability, i have no problems landing lunar strikes on Genji and i have to problem landing groundbreaker. The only way to not be able to pull this off is when you are out of position or don't know who Genji is going to target, but when you actually know what you are doing and see where Genji will want to be to attack your Morales - it's very easy to peel.
    Then you're playing shit Genjis, sorry. Against one who's even remotely competent, you'll never pull off a successful peel against them. Groundbreaker is more telegraphed than Dash, and if you hit a Genji with it who's not already CCed it's cause you're dealing with a first time Genji player who thinks Genji play is "stand still and shuriken".

10+ Year Old Account
    Sorry for the bump, but is Garrosh worth the amount of gold that he is?
    For the Horde!

I've been having a great deal of fun with him. For me it's been worth it, but if you're unsure you might want to wait until his gold price drops to 10k next week.

I think he's a great secondary tank, you'll be giving your healer a punishing experience in solo tank setups against any burst setup.
    I am the lucid dream
    Uulwi ifis halahs gag erh'ongg w'ssh

His damage is low. He's squishy and he can be kited easily. However he is a lot of fun to play. Early game throwing an opponent over your gates to get killed by the towers never gets old. Certainly agree as a solo tank he isn't good but with another tank playing his utility works. It'll be interesting to see what changes Blizz makes to him over the coming weeks.

10+ Year Old Account

Seems Garrosh dominated this episode with epic and fail actions.

Quote Originally Posted by rcshaggy View Post
    Sorry for the bump, but is Garrosh worth the amount of gold that he is?
    That's entirely a matter of personal preference. He is CAPABLE of making great plays(or terrible ones), but that doesn't mean you'll necessarily be able to do so(if you watch streamers, even very experienced and high ranked players can be seen inadvertently tossing minions instead of their opponent from time to time while fighting in lane). So if the possibility of causing a lot of disruptions and with the potential for making some truly fight winning plays is something that appeals to you, he might be worth it. If however, you like high damage heroes, want to be a solo frontline hero, or like having some kind of mobility...you probably won't care for him.

After playing some games with him I think he needs:

- More raw damage
    - short speed boost
    - A bit more health

He is fun to play in the early game but gets boring really fast.