Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst
    Quote Originally Posted by Golden View Post
    If they added a solo queue to RBGs, I would be fine with it.

I did Yolo RBGs for a while and realized that rating does essentially split people into "sports leagues" (as long as enough people are queuing) which I think is a good thing.

Also, I've had some experiences in random BGs where arena teams were practicing their CC chains in the middle...and that's unpleasant for everyone.
    Obviously Blizzard is going to decide what to do with development, but I think that at the least a solo queue could really help, and perhaps even merging rated and non rated PvP could help too.

I am not in control here lol, I hope you guys realize that!!!

Most of you arent either, unless you happen to be one of the people who DOES have control since they are part of Blizzard!!!

Guys, I am just saying that I am VERY tired of how messed up both rated AND non rated PvP are, and it is in fact an idea of how to POTENTIALLY fix those problems, if it would actually fix them or not.....

- - - Updated - - -

Merging rated and non rated PvP wasn't my idea, and I can't take credit for it.

The same goes for the solo queue, and I just wanted to be clear on that.
    Last edited by MagusHenosis; 2017-07-20 at 11:22 PM.
    "Haters gonna hate, whatcha gonna do?

They're haters after all, it's what they do!" - The Legend, aka "The Best," aka "The Champ," aka "Speedymage," aka "MagusHenosis," aka "The Grim Reaper of Top Players"

Quote Originally Posted by MagusHenosis View Post
    The point lol, is that rated PvP is a cesspit of cheating, and normal BGs are a TOTAL JOKE!!!

Clearly it would be nice for BOTH of these things to change!!!

Any other questions there???

I can answer them like crazy, since I am so damn intelligent now lol!!!
    How would removing casual PvP make casual PvP and rated PvP better?
    Thats like saying: I want more colors in my life, lets ban the us of all colors but green.
    It makes no sense at all.

Your idea won't help PvP in any way.
    It's not wrong if you to want to change something but this is not the way. Simple as that.

I am starting to think more and more that it would be a good idea.

What do y'all think???

I can't think of a single good net effect from doing this... Partly because you don't specifically define what you mean (at least in the OP).

Making everyone do pre-mades is a horrible idea that will kill most casual PvP.

And solo queueing for ranking will just lead to horribly lop-sided losses against those who created a group for teamwork. And since you will have to face better opponents in order to increase your rank, facing pre-mades will be inevitable beatings that solo-queue players would have to suffer (and get no benefit from).

I can't think of a scenario where this would improve anything over what already exists.
    Last edited by Wingspan; 2017-07-21 at 01:46 AM.

Merging unrated, and rated is just a terrible idea. I enjoy unrated as just a chill thing I can do in my off time, or when I'm bored. I don't want to lose my ability to just kinda mindlessly kill people while wasting time, and I definitely don't want it to affect my rating/MMR.

Quote Originally Posted by Wingspan View Post
    I can't think of a single good net effect from doing this... Partly because you don't specifically define what you mean (at least in the OP).

Making everyone do pre-mades is a horrible idea that will kill most casual PvP.

And solo queueing for ranking will just lead to horribly lop-sided losses against those who created a group for teamwork. And since you will have to face better opponents in order to increase your rank, facing pre-mades will be inevitable beatings that solo-queue players would have to suffer (and get no benefit from).

I can't think of a scenario where this would improve anything over what already exists.
    Let me guess lol, you think that MASSIVE cheating in rated PvP, and normal BGs where they are a TOTAL JOKE is fine, rght???

I am no kidding STUCK between these two types of PvP, and there just doesn't seem to be a solution that would solve BOTH of them other than to merge rated and non rated instanced PvP, well other than PERHAPS the solo queue idea.

Do you have any better ideas???

Oh right, you probably think MASSIVE cheating in rated, and normal BGs that are a TOTAL JOKE is fine!!!

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Better View Post
    Merging unrated, and rated is just a terrible idea. I enjoy unrated as just a chill thing I can do in my off time, or when I'm bored. I don't want to lose my ability to just kinda mindlessly kill people while wasting time, and I definitely don't want it to affect my rating/MMR.
    So many of you are just SO damn casual lol!!!

I have no problem with every game I queue being rated, since I would do EXACTLY the same thing that I do right now, and queue them ALL DAMN DAY YO!!!

I would be queuing RBGs all day, except as I mentioned MANY times already, they are a cesspit of cheating pieces of trash.

Mindlessly killing people while wasting time???

HOLY HELL LOL!!!

SO THAT'S WHY I LOSE BGS SO MUCH!!!

Y'ALL AREN'T TAKING THEM SERIOUS!!!

BUT I ALREADY KNEW THAT, SINCE I CALLED THEM A TOTAL JOKE!!!

Perhaps it would be better to make it so that both rated AND non rated PvP aren't total jokes???

BGs aren't just something to kill time to some of us, and I queue that shit all day OK!!!

Am I really the only one who sees these MASSIVE problems with PvP???

At least some of you are talking about a solo queue, and that very well may do a lot to fix things, even on it's own.......

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Aggrophobic View Post
    How would removing casual PvP make casual PvP and rated PvP better?
    Thats like saying: I want more colors in my life, lets ban the us of all colors but green.
    It makes no sense at all.

Your idea won't help PvP in any way.
    It's not wrong if you to want to change something but this is not the way. Simple as that.
    As simple as that lol???

HOLY HELL!!!

YOU PROVIDED LITERALLY NO BACKUP FOR WHAT YOU SAID YO!!!

YOU DIDN'T SAY ANYTHING WHATSOEVER THAT MADE THIS ANY MORE THAN JUST 100% YOUR OPINION (with zero backup) OK!!!

REALLY???
    Last edited by MagusHenosis; 2017-07-21 at 02:34 AM.
    "Haters gonna hate, whatcha gonna do?

They're haters after all, it's what they do!" - The Legend, aka "The Best," aka "The Champ," aka "Speedymage," aka "MagusHenosis," aka "The Grim Reaper of Top Players"

Let me guess lol, you think that MASSIVE cheating in rated PvP, and normal BGs where they are a TOTAL JOKE is fine, rght???

I am no kidding STUCK between these two types of PvP, and there just doesn't seem to be a solution that would solve BOTH of them other than to merge rated and non rated instanced PvP, well other than PERHAPS the solo queue idea.

Do you have any better ideas???

Oh right, you probably think MASSIVE cheating in rated, and normal BGs that are a TOTAL JOKE is fine

No, I don't think cheating is fine. But there is nothing in your suggestion that would stop cheating in any way (feel free to tell me how it would).

Even if there is something that it would stop, it would be negated by adding in the AFK factor in solo-queueable BGs (if you went that route), which current rated material is not so overrun with but normal BGs have always had huge problems with. The classic example is the "cave dwellers" in AV, but it goes far beyond that in normal BGs.

Whatever the solution is to what you want to get out of PvP, I seriously doubt making everything rated is going to make it happen.
    Last edited by Wingspan; 2017-07-21 at 02:57 AM.

So many of you are just SO damn casual lol!!!

I have no problem with every game I queue being rated, since I would do EXACTLY the same thing that I do right now, and queue them ALL DAMN DAY YO!!!

I would be queuing RBGs all day, except as I mentioned MANY times already, they are a cesspit of cheating pieces of trash.

Mindlessly killing people while wasting time???

HOLY HELL LOL!!!

SO THAT'S WHY I LOSE BGS SO MUCH!!!

Y'ALL AREN'T TAKING THEM SERIOUS!!!

BUT I ALREADY KNEW THAT, SINCE I CALLED THEM A TOTAL JOKE!!!
    No, I'm quite hardcore when I want to be, I just like relaxing to random PuG BGs, because they don't matter... It's this thing called fun, and I like to have it. I don't want to have to be 100% tryharding every second I play, there's a time, and place for that.

10+ Year Old Account
    I find it funny how some of you are SO SURE that your ideas concerning game development are good ones.

Do you realize that MOST of the players in the game wanted it dumbed down???

How did that work out by the way???

Epic fail much???

Hey, at least Blizzard was classy enough to try it that way, so they could PROVE that it wasn't good for the game.

All this to say that most of you have no fucking clue what is best concerning the development of the game.....
    Hypocrite much? You create a thread with the first sentence saying that you're starting to think more and more it'd be a good idea to completely abolish casual PvP yet attack me for being "so sure" my ideas are good ones. Maybe don't create a thread asking for discussions if you can't handle your poor and illogical ideas from being criticized and disproven to be the right ones.

"Do you realize that most of the players in the game wanted it dumbed down" -- How is that in any way shape or form relevant to my comment. Your comment comes across as though I'm one of the players who want the game dumbed down when I'm the complete polar opposite. My comment is about adding complexity to the game, not taking it away.

Why even the hostility? Just because people are saying your idea is a bad one while giving constructive examples as to why it would be so? You're so blinded with anger that you completely misinterpreted my comment to be about making the game more casual.

"All this to say that most of you have no fucking clue what is best concerning the development of the game" -- I mean, what makes YOU the one who knows what's best concerning the development of the game? Because to me your idea seems to actively hurt it by forcing people to play game modes they obviously don't want to play. My idea is to incentivize them by creating a want for getting better in PvP through interesting abilities. I'd say my idea is better since it adds instead of takes away. Also, I've been playing this games for almost 8-9 years and have PvPed in all expansions up from and including wotlk. I know what I enjoy in PvP and that's what I'm suggesting Blizzard should do in order to bring up the (rated) PvP community.

I still have no idea what your reply is about btw. You're not even arguing, you're just disputing immaturely because I disagree with your idea.
    Last edited by Terahertz; 2017-07-21 at 03:41 AM.

As simple as that lol???

HOLY HELL!!!

YOU PROVIDED LITERALLY NO BACKUP FOR WHAT YOU SAID YO!!!

YOU DIDN'T SAY ANYTHING WHATSOEVER THAT MADE THIS ANY MORE THAN JUST 100% YOUR OPINION (with zero backup) OK!!!

REALLY???
    Did you?

Calm down and think about it for a second. All you want to do is remove a large part of the PvP in WoW.
    You'll gain nothing by doing so. How is this not obvious to you?

Looking at your replies, you're not actually intrested in discussing this and only what people to agree with you. That attitude won't get you far in life.

I am starting to think more and more that it would be a good idea.

What do y'all think???
    I agree, though that rating should be separate for the rating you get in "rated" pvp.

Having a rating will hold people more accountable, even in a casual match. I think it will make people less likely to leave the match and more likely to try to cooperate and win the match.

I think it should be separate because you can't judge a "random" casual bg in the lfg tool(playing with a group of random people you don't know) with a league in which the teams are pre made, using a voice chat, etc.