Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ...
    Quote Originally Posted by Tsugunai View Post
    what's the difference between 2chan and 4chan
    2 chan was really the "original" imageboard, it was more Japanese based, 4 chan is the one that Moot made that really took off on a global level.

Anyways, the board that should not be mentioned is certainly not illegal to browse so long as you don't post illegal content or possibly save illegal pictures.

Don't know why you wouldn't want to visit it every once in a while. If you have the stomach for it, its mostly shitposting with some higher level memes poppnig out once in a while.
    Last edited by Hiricine; 2017-07-21 at 02:45 AM.

Yeah, boards like /an/ /o/ /toy/ /c/ and /m/(Pretty sure I'm missing a few) are generally slower(Maybe barring /o/) than the faster boards like /a/ /b/ and /v/, and tend to have better communities because of it.

what's the difference between 2chan and 4chan
    One is japanese, other is not. There's a lot more smaller chans that popped up since then but nothing really comes close to the size of 2chan and 4chan.

Quote Originally Posted by Fleckens View Post
    One is japanese, other is not. There's a lot more smaller chans that popped up since then but nothing really comes close to the size of 2chan and 4chan.
    Is that all there is to the difference?

Unsurprising to find such a retarded thread made by someone on my ignore list.

4chan is hardly what it used to be. even /b/ isn't bad anymore, it's all trap/sissy threads. /pol/ is crazy as fuck though.
    http://thingsihaveneverdone.wordpress.com
    Just started my 24/7 LoFi stream. Come listen!
    https://youtu.be/3uv1pLbpQM8

Is that all there is to the difference?
    Well no there's obviously a lot, they have different boards, their systems don't work completely the same anymore(original 4chan and 2chan were pretty close at the time) and different culture and topics they discuss. Although I don't visit Futaba that much and my japanese isn't amazing it does feel like it's still closer to how 4chan originally was, perhaps with the exception that the japanese are far more polite(or at least they seem to be in the threads I've visited, but I'm sure there are japanese shitposters as well).

Don't assume I am in any way associated with this site.

You know all the horror stories surrounding that site and I hear of how visiting it alone is a crime the government can't catch everyone for, akin to drug running but I find it really stomach churning to believe it's allowed to exist as is then.

And please believe that I am being entirely serious, I spend a lot of my time reading horror stories on the internet as a hobby after my days.
    What kind of sheltered dolt thinks this?
    Quote Originally Posted by Dextroden View Post
    You are a carbon copy of what you long so hard to fight in the streets. An extremist. Someone so desperate for strife to prove you are the ubermensch, err, Real American.

Alt lite. Sounds like you're having an alt fright. Unable to sleep at alt night. Maybe you should relax and fly an alt kite. Go down to the diner for an alt bite. You shouldn't be treating people with alt spite. Eventually, everything will be alt right.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Bathory View Post
    4chan is hardly what it used to be. even /b/ isn't bad anymore, it's all trap/sissy threads. /pol/ is crazy as fuck though.
    Yeah, 10+ years ago was super insane funtimes there on some nights! Used to frequent that and the various sub-chan boards of other places and even 2-chan if I was trying to find some weird anime/manga shit. YTMND went along quite well with it as well sometimes.

Reddit has since replaced it for me and I still use some imageboards (Yandere, Konachan, etc) to find some great fan ecchi/hentai drawings.
    Tikki tikki tembo, Usagi no Yojimbo, chari bari ruchi pip peri pembo!

I would have been happier if they didn't call it awful so I could visit it.

I think I would find liveleaks fascinating too, but apparently it's just shitloads of people actually dying, which I wouldn't want to watch, but I still feel like I'm missing something never really going there.

4 chan, 8 chan and others...

The day we move to try and criminalize the viewing of free speech is the day we are lost beyond almost all hope.

These places are the last bastions of merit based conversations. Where only your ideas can be judged not who you are. The idea that viewing freedom is something that needs or ought to be criminalized is tragic.

Quote Originally Posted by Thoughtful Trolli View Post
    I would have been happier if they didn't call it awful so I could visit it.

I think I would find liveleaks fascinating too, but apparently it's just shitloads of people actually dying, which I wouldn't want to watch, but I still feel like I'm missing something never really going there.
    This is possibly one of the most pathetic things I've ever heard. You won't go to an imageboard based on the opinions of people who have never visited said imageboard?

Deleted
    This is the stupidest thread ever and not because of the questions asked here but because people actually are so stupid they don't know. And they come here to talk with other people equally stupid. And so the little circle of hearsay goes on and on and no-one learns anything of value.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Dug View Post
    Um what? Not all of 4chan is horrible. It's basically /b/, /pol/ and /r9k/ you want to avoid. Everything else is pretty good.
    Those are my top 3 favs though.

- - - Updated - - -

Don't assume I am in any way associated with this site.

You know all the horror stories surrounding that site and I hear of how visiting it alone is a crime the government can't catch everyone for, akin to drug running but I find it really stomach churning to believe it's allowed to exist as is then.

And please believe that I am being entirely serious, I spend a lot of my time reading horror stories on the internet as a hobby after my days.
    Trust me when I say that the real world is way worse than 4chan.

I love 4chan.

Deleted
    You can't be prosecuted with thought crimes, yet...

10+ Year Old Account
    I'm sure there are plenty of lists for all sorts of things we're all divided into based by what we browse by the NSA and whatever other agencies we aren't privy to know about.
    You're getting exactly what you deserve.

Quote Originally Posted by pies1 View Post
    This is possibly one of the most pathetic things I've ever heard. You won't go to an imageboard based on the opinions of people who have never visited said imageboard?
    Well I mean when they do talk about it, they always post shit from said imageboard and it's really unsettling. So it's not like there's no evidence or anything.

Edit: Why do people keep claiming freedom of speech is a good thing if you've nothing nice to say? You wouldn't mind a world where nothing was regulated like racism?

Quote Originally Posted by Zeta333 View Post
    the one time reddit tried to help, durring the boston bombing they fucked shit up and got a inocent dude accused, meanwhile 4chan actually helped further the investigation. Countless times 4chan has alerted the authorities and tracked down people posting or doing illegal shit. Maby you should visit the site and not listen to boogeman bullshit. Its clear your almost a child in terms of experience on the internet. Go experience. And fyi discrimination happens on every single site, including this one.
    Oh I Remember that time, Yeah reddit declared sunil a terrorist, But 4Chan posted Hours before reddit got wind of it, And 4chan also released the personal details of the poor guy.

10+ Year Old Account
    Killing a necrod thread