Page 1 of 2
LastLast

Question Your opinion of Celestial Storm?

What's your opinion of Celestial Storm so far?

in the same way i would never do business with a crooked car salesman i shall never support a game like rift i recommend no one else pick up this clunker of an mmo either

Well, I'd love to give my opinion, but on attempting to log in I get I get the message "The game is unable to download more data and will have to exit." Well, I tried.

TD has already been cleared. Apparently nerfed so hard from PTS.

Vostigar has insane FPS drops so poor optimisation on their part. Could be the 64 bit client.

New Primalist souls are nothing special.

People are already reporting minor and major bugs. All in all just as bad as 4.1 imo. But hey at least the game has all it's launch content after 8 months.

I mean log in and try it since you don't lose any money but personally I wouldn't recommend it. This patch as I said basically finishes adding content that should have been in at launch. Hell Primalist souls should have been in ages ago.
    Last edited by Eleccybubb; 2017-07-21 at 04:44 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Eleccybubb View Post

Vostigar has insane FPS drops so poor optimisation on their part. Could be the 64 bit client.

People are already reporting minor and major bugs. All in all just as bad as 4.1 imo. But hey at least the game has all it's launch content after 8 months.

I mean log in and try it since you don't lose any money but personally I wouldn't recommend it. This patch as I said basically finishes adding content that should have been in at launch. Hell Primalist souls should have been in ages ago.
    I'd like to. I am unable. If I am not mistaken, this is what caused me to stop playing last time I tried playing, after spending money on the game, I ended up unable to log in. It can't download more data? I have more than enough free space on my SSD. I very recently did a fresh install of Windows as well. Only Windows and a couple games on here at the moment. No reason from my side it should not be working.

I see now why there was absolutely no chatter about the new Primalist souls, no anticipation, no feed back, nothing.

It is like they were designed from the ground up to be useless and weak enough to not be used as a main spec nor benefit existing ones so the developers would never have to bother with them again.

Quote Originally Posted by Cobaltius View Post
    I see now why there was absolutely no chatter about the new Primalist souls, no anticipation, no feed back, nothing.

It is like they were designed from the ground up to be useless and weak enough to not be used as a main spec nor benefit existing ones so the developers would never have to bother with them again.
    More to do with that they were in development for 2 years and people just forgot or stopped caring.

I am curious. How is Rift Support these days? I tried looking for a number to call, don't see one. So I can't even call and get support during normal business hours? How much of a failure was the F2P model that they can no longer afford support? I don't want to deal with e-mail, because I know how e-mail support works for nearly all companies. It get filtered by a program and you get an automated response. As someone who purchased the original game, purchased Storm Legion, spend money on credits and things on the store in both Storm Legion and Nightmare Tide I deserve to be able to get on the phone with a person and get this resolved and be able to play the game.

Quote Originally Posted by Lathais View Post
    I am curious. How is Rift Support these days? I tried looking for a number to call, don't see one. So I can't even call and get support during normal business hours? How much of a failure was the F2P model that they can no longer afford support? I don't want to deal with e-mail, because I know how e-mail support works for nearly all companies. It get filtered by a program and you get an automated response. As someone who purchased the original game, purchased Storm Legion, spend money on credits and things on the store in both Storm Legion and Nightmare Tide I deserve to be able to get on the phone with a person and get this resolved and be able to play the game.
    Support is meh at best. Contacted them twice about an issue that still wasn't resolved.

Apparently Patrons get better support so I've heard.

Support is meh at best. Contacted them twice about an issue that still wasn't resolved.

Apparently Patrons get better support so I've heard.
    Twice and an issue still not resolved. My issue is that I can not log in to any character in Tempest Bay. If I take a character to Tempest Bay, it then gets disconnected and can't log in. Both my 60 Rogue and my 65 Mage are in Tempest Bay, so I can't play either my Main or my Main alt. I was able to log in on my Cleric, but he's only 40-something-ish. I took him to Tempest Bay just to see, and now I can't play him either. So, if they can not resolve this issue, then I can never play my main again. Apparently, I can never go to Tempest Bay either. That's some BS if they can't get that fixed. I'll try e-mail support I guess, just to give the game a shot and since Slipmat's favorite retort is that we don't play the game. Even though I quite literally wrote the fucking guide to end-game for Chocolate and Storm Legion and was involved in some of the earliest kill videos in TotDQ, just look up "No Remorse TotDQ" on YouTube and look at the Bard(Yes, I got better at keeping buffs up after our earliest fights). So I obviously played the damn game. I'd like to at least give it another honest shot now that all the launch content is in as well.

EDIT: Ok, submitted a request through the site. We'll see how long it takes to get a response. I am expecting a fairly quick response from a bot and no resolution, but we will see. Since this is directly related to my opinion of Celestial Storm(which is it's shit and won't let me play currently) I guess it's on topic in this thread and I will keep everyone updated so we can see just how far downhill support has gone.

Twice and an issue still not resolved. My issue is that I can not log in to any character in Tempest Bay. If I take a character to Tempest Bay, it then gets disconnected and can't log in. Both my 60 Rogue and my 65 Mage are in Tempest Bay, so I can't play either my Main or my Main alt. I was able to log in on my Cleric, but he's only 40-something-ish. I took him to Tempest Bay just to see, and now I can't play him either. So, if they can not resolve this issue, then I can never play my main again. Apparently, I can never go to Tempest Bay either. That's some BS if they can't get that fixed. I'll try e-mail support I guess, just to give the game a shot and since Slipmat's favorite retort is that we don't play the game. Even though I quite literally wrote the fucking guide to end-game for Chocolate and Storm Legion and was involved in some of the earliest kill videos in TotDQ, just look up "No Remorse TotDQ" on YouTube and look at the Bard(Yes, I got better at keeping buffs up after our earliest fights). So I obviously played the damn game. I'd like to at least give it another honest shot now that all the launch content is in as well.

EDIT: Ok, submitted a request through the site. We'll see how long it takes to get a response. I am expecting a fairly quick response from a bot and no resolution, but we will see. Since this is directly related to my opinion of Celestial Storm(which is it's shit and won't let me play currently) I guess it's on topic in this thread and I will keep everyone updated so we can see just how far downhill support has gone.
    Could always get Patron and get your support handled better?

/don't do it...

Could always get Patron and get your support handled better?

/don't do it...
    Oh hell no. Not gonna spend money on a game I can't even play. Then again, maybe I should just do what I was thinking about and start a new account, all F2P and record/stream my whole journey. My wife is starting work next week, and she works early in the morning, which means she's going to be going to bed around the same time as my daughter from now on. This leaves me a couple free hours to myself every night. I could do 1-2 hours a night, 2-3 nights a week pretty easily, which I feel is kind of average for an MMO player. Would be a great study. I just got my daughter a Blue Snowball mic for her birthday too, as she likes makinf Minecraft/Roblox videos on my PC, so I can use that. Anyone got a decent cam they want to send me? I have one, but it's pretty crappy. Something that came with some Dell my Grandmother bought 5-6 years ago(at least). But really, who wants to watch a buy run IAs for 1-2 hours a night 2-3 nights a week?

Oh hell no. Not gonna spend money on a game I can't even play. Then again, maybe I should just do what I was thinking about and start a new account, all F2P and record/stream my whole journey. My wife is starting work next week, and she works early in the morning, which means she's going to be going to bed around the same time as my daughter from now on. This leaves me a couple free hours to myself every night. I could do 1-2 hours a night, 2-3 nights a week pretty easily, which I feel is kind of average for an MMO player. Would be a great study. I just got my daughter a Blue Snowball mic for her birthday too, as she likes makinf Minecraft/Roblox videos on my PC, so I can use that. Anyone got a decent cam they want to send me? I have one, but it's pretty crappy. Something that came with some Dell my Grandmother bought 5-6 years ago(at least).
    Honestly. I tried a new account as I said. Got to Nightmare Tide and just gave up because of how depressing 60-70 is and because 1-50 for me was just Intrepid Adventures.

Honestly. I tried a new account as I said. Got to Nightmare Tide and just gave up because of how depressing 60-70 is and because 1-50 for me was just Intrepid Adventures.
    Did you stream/record it for all to see though?

Did you stream/record it for all to see though?
    Not big on that so no. But it's the most mind numbing levelling experience ever in my opinion.

And this is coming from someone who levelled in games with XP loss on death. FF11

I mean why would I quest 1-50 with Intrepid Adventures right there? As I said in another thread it's basically the path of least resistance.
    Last edited by Eleccybubb; 2017-07-21 at 02:33 PM.

Not big on that so no. But it's the most mind numbing levelling experience ever in my opinion.

And this is coming from someone who levelled in games with XP loss on death. FF11

I mean why would I quest 1-50 with Intrepid Adventures right there? As I said in another thread it's basically the path of least resistance.
    Oh I loved FFXI. Easy solution to the death penalty....don't die. It's not like the game was really hard either. The hardest thing was finding a group.

- - - Updated - - -

If only there were some type of Community Manager or Ambassador around here maybe I could get some help with this issue.

- - - Updated - - -

Oh, wow. I google this issue and sheesh, this is a bug that has been around on the PTS since 2012!!! 5 Years ago, dev response that the issue is known and they are working on it, still an issue. Holy hell. Like to hear Slipmat's excuse for that.

Once again Trion, if a feature, like Streaming Client Updates or LFR, does not work as intended, either FIX IT or REMOVE IT. Don't just leave it sit there in a incomplete not-working state. That is going to be a HUGE turn-off to new/returning players. This one especially, since it is literally the first interaction with the game, just being able to log in and get to the game world. First impressions guys, first impressions. Of course, it is only affecting me in Tempest Bay, that I know of. My Cleric was in Moonshade Highlands, went to Sanctuary and then to Tempest Bay before the issue. So maybe it would not affect new players because by the time they got the Tempest Bay the game would have already downloaded everything? Maybe? Maybe it would still get stuck at Tempest Bay. I dunno. Still definitely going to turn off returning players that left their mains in Tempest Bay, maybe. It might just be me.

- - - Updated - - -

UPDATE: Ok, only took about 3 hours to respond. That's actually not that bad. I've sat on hold for as long with other games at times, so I can accept that as a reasonable time for a response. The response itself however, was that I must have an out of date version of the Rift Client installed? WTF?!?! I clearly stated that is was a FRESH INSTALL on a system that has recently had an entire FRESH INSTALL of Windows and Rift has NEVER been installed since the format and re-install. This was CLEARLY stated in my message, and their response is that I have an out-of-date version of the Rift Client Installed? What crap support.

Oh wow and I thought FF14 had bad support. Trion literally try to blame the player if there is an issue rather than take into account an issue from the PTS that is years old.
    Last edited by Eleccybubb; 2017-07-22 at 05:56 AM.

10+ Year Old Account
    I tried this once. Opened a F2P account Tried a series "1 to max as a F2P player" I couldn't do it. Even back then, getting low-level groups was virtually impossible.

RIFT has one of the worst leveling experiences I have ever had as a F2P player. You really have no alternative except grind Instant Adventures if your goal is to get to max level to raid. From what I see, "raiding" is non-existent now.

This was when a raiding community partially existed in the game and I saw it in a much better light. I don't see how this is "fun". A game should be fun from the beginning, not a chore. RIFT is a chore.

All that's left in RIFT now is a dimension building, ultra-casual community grinding for mounts / quests.

I have been trying to figure out how the dozen or so "raid" guilds left still play.

I can only assume that many existing full-time RIFT players have some sort of mental neurosis and actually enjoy grinding for nothing, no goal, merely to see various virtual numbers and collections increase. For what purpose, I struggle to comprehend. Must be a place where these sort of people have found a place to gravitate towards and have found a similar sort of community. I suspect these people have some sort of sado-masochistic and abuse acceptance tendencies based on how the company treats their customer base.

I can see no "wow! we did it!" sort of guild/community euphoria in RIFT that I used to get and still get from other games - you know what I mean if you've ever downed a boss after struggling for days/weeks. I am just gob-smacked that there is a community, at all.

There certainly is no sense of accomplishment I can see, nor absolutely any purpose for raiding or PvP which were initially the selling points for the game. For all intention purposes, RIFT is a buggy, rotten, dead shell. It's just a pointless grind.
    Last edited by theWocky; 2017-07-22 at 08:09 AM.

Oh wow and I thought FF14 had bad support. Trion literally try to blame the player if there is an issue rather than take into account an issue from the PTS that is years old.
    Ok, further update, once I got home and tried to log in, everything worked just fine. The game had finished downloading. So the whole problem was the stupid streaming patching client. It apparently does not work all the time and just letting it finish downloading the whole game works. So a broken feature. If their support had just told me that, fine. If they had said nothing at all they would have looked less dumb as well.

Ok, further update, once I got home and tried to log in, everything worked just fine. The game had finished downloading. So the whole problem was the stupid streaming patching client. It apparently does not work all the time and just letting it finish downloading the whole game works. So a broken feature. If their support had just told me that, fine. If they had said nothing at all they would have looked less dumb as well.
    Only other 2 games I know of that have that client are GW2 and WoW and they work fine for me.

So again this sounds like something on their end.