10+ Year Old Account

Thinking about maining a DK

Hey guys, what's up.

So my question is, wich DK spec has less downtime on their rotation, once geared?

I dont care if frost or unholy is better, all i want is a spec with minimal downtime on their rotation ( i also hate the BoS build, because ive heard there's alot of downtime to it)

Or is the dk class not for me?

What im looking for is to get a spec wich downtime of a minimal 0 to 10%, anything longer than that is way too much.

Also, spammy the spec/build, the better

Thanks in advance ^^.

P.S: im dont want tank.

I would suggest going fury warrior or enhancement shaman. Frost can be spammy in Machine Gun build but:

1. It is not the preferable build atm
    2. It is quite boring to be honest.

Shaman seems like a better choice as you stated you "do not want to tank". It has fun and spammy caster spec and even healing one if you'd need it.

Deleted
    If you want a spec with zero downtime, go fury. DK always has some degree of downtime, simply due to ressource design.

10+ Year Old Account
    The downtime is really that bad? Dosent haste help with that a little?

I mean, i dont mind having a little downtime, but if get to assassin/sub rogues, feral druids ou havoc dh without the leggo ring levels, then yeah, guess i should go try another class then x.x

I've mained a DK wayy back on wrath, were you could dps as blood and the gameplay was so fast paced, is that diferent now?

well, thanks anyway.

Deleted
    Nah downtime isn't as bad as they make it out to be tbh

Deleted
    No, the downtime isnt that bad. Infact, I personally wish there was more downtime. But you will never be able to reach zero downtime, like fury warriors.

And haste doesnt affect downtime in a major way; yes you get more ressources with haste, but you can also spend them faster.

Frost is not great in this patch and not because it can't get decent dps, it's because of the breath spec, you just can't play it on most fights.
    If you really want to play DK go unholy, it's more complicated tho and you need some bis legs to pull something out of it.
    Or a better solution, as some pointed out, go fury

Fury for me is so much more fun, jumping and charging all around the place feels just on spot. Big cds make you so fuken powerful in short periods of time, its simply amazing.

Nothing will beat my lovely dk in terms of tanking thou :3

Just in terms of a fluid rotation Unholy was pretty good with T19 (dmg sucked tho). With T20 it has slowed down considerably and I'm finding myself resource starved quite often. If all you care for is minimal downtime it might not be the spec for you.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by dyskograf View Post
    Nothing will beat my lovely dk in terms of tanking thou :3
    Nothing, except Bears... they leave you in the dust.
    "The pen is mightier than the sword.. and considerably easier to write with."

The problem with either spec is that there is there are periods where you get flooded with resources and periods where you don't. Some of that is RNG based some of it not. Unholy very rarely runs out of things to do but everything is so freeform that you have to know what to do with your resources. You have runes, runic power, Sudden Doom death coil procs stacking up to two (they give you a free death coil), and festering wounds. There's a lot to manage.

Funny that OP mentionned no tank. This spec is easily one of the easiest to play with almost no downtimes.

10+ Year Old Account
    yeah, no tank spec because i was the main tank for my guild for the whole WoD, so on this xpack i want to be full dps , but its so damn hard to find a class x.x

Anyway, thanks for the replies guys, i'll level the dk anyway, at least i'll get to see the story of the class and the mount, wich i've heard is one of the best