Thread: Gul'dan's fate

Page 1 of 2
LastLast

Question Gul'dan's fate

Today I would to discuss with you how Gul'dan's life would turn out if he wouldn't be handicapped. If before the Chronicles,all we knew was that Gul'dan was a power hungry shaman,who was an apprentice of Nerzhul and who doomed his own people in a quest for power. The Chronicles though,show him in a bit other light,displaying how bullied he was by his own tribesmen due to him being handicapped. It also shows,that he actually wanted to learn the path of a shaman,but the elements turned away from and the only power which didn't was fel and KJ who stood behind it.
    With everything that i've mentioned above,how do you think,would he take his path if he would be healthy and treated as equal by his own kind?Did he become a "Darkness Incarnate" only because he was physically abused and mocked daily?

Share your thoughts!

To be honest, I always thought there were two kinds of stories for guldan. One from our own Azeroth Universe, the guldan being apprentice of Nerzhul. And then there is the Alternative Universe Guldan, which is the one from Warlords from Draenor, where his background is shown ingame cinematic of Harbinger.

The reason the elements recoiled from him was he lusted for power like no other. Most shamans seek balance or some such thing, he just wanted power. So, by the time he reached out to the elements he was already fubared as a person.

He would most probably work in mc donald's ice cream stand as a healthy orc shaman.

Are u really bored that much?

Deleted
    No i don't think he would have been a 'good' character regardless injuries. Torment can twist people but you don't suddenly become an attempted world killer because someone was mean to you. He was always going to end up on some version of a path to power. If he was powerful warrior like Blackhand he'd attempt to conqueror Dreanor with might not magic. His a prick through and through.

Hell he only learnt teamwork because soloing all of Azeroth would be impossible. He'd have to kill everyone, every child and hero would stand oppose to him. In short he only works as a team player to get more power no other reason. He doesn't have a vision or purpose beyond gathering more power. The Legion might be evil but it's serves a purpose, it burns worlds for a reason.

Quote Originally Posted by Restors View Post
    To be honest, I always thought there were two kinds of stories for guldan. One from our own Azeroth Universe, the guldan being apprentice of Nerzhul. And then there is the Alternative Universe Guldan, which is the one from Warlords from Draenor, where his background is shown ingame cinematic of Harbinger.
    They partially merged the two in the Chronicle.

Basically harbinger happened, then he went and faked his way into being Ner'zhul's apprentice.

He would became the peace loving orc that would lead draenor to salvation with his great compasion and true devotion to make sure all orcs where equal and ensure no more fights for his kind!
    Or maybe not...

Quote Originally Posted by HeiAggra View Post
    He would became the peace loving orc that would lead draenor to salvation with his great compasion and true devotion to make sure all orcs where equal and ensure no more fights for his kind!
    Or maybe not...
    No mc donald's?

Quote Originally Posted by lifebinderx View Post
    He would most probably work in mc donald's ice cream stand as a healthy orc shaman.

Are u really bored that much?
    And your actual point is? If you think,that discussing the lore of Warcraft is "dumb" and "lame" and people doing it out of boredom,it means that this part of forum is not for you.

The Unstoppable Force
    15+ Year Old Account
    Where Thrall and the Horde needs me to be
    Harbinger story goes for both. The difference is, that in the MU, Gul'dan goes to Ner'zhul, where as in the AU, he gets imprisoned by Grommash and used as a fel-battery.

Amazing sig, done by mighty Lokann

Quote Originally Posted by lifebinderx View Post
    No mc donald's?
    Never thought about felburger... maybe could work!

10+ Year Old Account
    Epic Premium
    I would imagine that if Gul'dan wasn't mocked and exiled for his relative frailty he would've gone on to become a powerful Elder Shaman and likely a leader within his clan or the greater assembly of Shamans of the Draenor Clans.
    "We're more of the love, blood, and rhetoric school. Well, we can do you blood and love without the rhetoric, and we can do you blood and rhetoric without the love, and we can do you all three concurrent or consecutive. But we can't give you love and rhetoric without the blood. Blood is compulsory. They're all blood, you see." ― Tom Stoppard, Rosencrantz and Guildenstern are Dead

Quote Originally Posted by Venziir View Post
    Harbinger story goes for both. The difference is, that in the MU, Gul'dan goes to Ner'zhul, where as in the AU, he gets imprisoned by Grommash and used as a fel-battery.
    How can Harbinger story go for MU Guldan? I mean, Guldan were already nerzhuls apprentice before having demonic powers.

10+ Year Old Account
    Epic Premium
    How can Harbinger story go for MU Guldan? I mean, Guldan were already nerzhuls apprentice before having demonic powers.
    In "Chronicle Vol. 2" Gul'dan's backstory is explored further. The "Harbingers" events happen pretty much without alteration - Gul'dan is a member of a minor, unnamed clan who is exiled for frailty. He journeys to the Throne of the Elements to seek out the elements and is turned away, but is then contacted by Kil'jaeden and given the power of the Fel. Kil'jaeden commands him to seek out Ner'zhul, where he ingratiates himself to the Elder Shaman of the Shadowmoon clan and becomes his apprentice, setting up the events of "Rise of the Horde" quite nicely.

The story for MU Gul'dan is essentially retconned into Gul'dan already having some demonic and Fel powers as Gul'dan's Shaman apprentice. Not much really changes about his motivations or actions afterward, just that his heel-face turn toward evil happened well before it did in the original novel.
    "We're more of the love, blood, and rhetoric school. Well, we can do you blood and love without the rhetoric, and we can do you blood and rhetoric without the love, and we can do you all three concurrent or consecutive. But we can't give you love and rhetoric without the blood. Blood is compulsory. They're all blood, you see." ― Tom Stoppard, Rosencrantz and Guildenstern are Dead

The Unstoppable Force
    15+ Year Old Account
    Where Thrall and the Horde needs me to be
    They changed that bit in Chronicles vol 2. The story is now, that the crippled Gul'dan, banished by his clan, went to the Throne of the Elements, where Kil'jaeden gave him the fel when the Elements abandoned him. They made a pact and Gul'dan went to join the Shadowmoon Clan. Ner'zhul took pity on him, which he'd live to regret not long after. It doesn't change much really, it basically just changes the fact that, Gul'dan was Ner'zhul's apprentice but chose to hide his powers, instead of he was his apprentice before having his powers. Anyways; http://wow.gamepedia.com/Gul%27dan#Early_life

Amazing sig, done by mighty Lokann

Quote Originally Posted by Venziir View Post
    They changed that bit in Chronicles vol 2. The story is now, that the crippled Gul'dan, banished by his clan, went to the Throne of the Elements, where Kil'jaeden gave him the fel when the Elements abandoned him. They made a pact and Gul'dan went to join the Shadowmoon Clan. Ner'zhul took pity on him, which he'd live to regret not long after. It doesn't change much really, it basically just changes the fact that, Gul'dan was Ner'zhul's apprentice but chose to hide his powers, instead of he was his apprentice before having his powers. Anyways; http://wow.gamepedia.com/Gul%27dan#Early_life
    Quote Originally Posted by Aucald View Post
    In "Chronicle Vol. 2" Gul'dan's backstory is explored further. The "Harbingers" events happen pretty much without alteration - Gul'dan is a member of a minor, unnamed clan who is exiled for frailty. He journeys to the Throne of the Elements to seek out the elements and is turned away, but is then contacted by Kil'jaeden and given the power of the Fel. Kil'jaeden commands him to seek out Ner'zhul, where he ingratiates himself to the Elder Shaman of the Shadowmoon clan and becomes his apprentice, setting up the events of "Rise of the Horde" quite nicely.

The story for MU Gul'dan is essentially retconned into Gul'dan already having some demonic and Fel powers as Gul'dan's Shaman apprentice. Not much really changes about his motivations or actions afterward, just that his heel-face turn toward evil happened well before it did in the original novel.

Thanks for clarifying!

Quote Originally Posted by Felixon View Post
    And your actual point is? If you think,that discussing the lore of Warcraft is "dumb" and "lame" and people doing it out of boredom,it means that this part of forum is not for you.
    Discussing lore should be about ongoing or past things, if not future spoilers or hints. Making up lore from ur butt is not discussion. I read and enjoy spoilers or gaps on the lore cleared by forum members.

Deleted
    Do we even have confirmation that Gul'dan is permanently dead? I'd say his fel corruption was so complete that he would reform in the Twisting Nether. But I don't fully understand the ending of Legion just yet, perhaps the demons can't reform after our victory. Anyone know?

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Hardstyler01 View Post
    Do we even have confirmation that Gul'dan is permanently dead? I'd say his fel corruption was so complete that he would reform in the Twisting Nether. But I don't fully understand the ending of Legion just yet, perhaps the demons can't reform after our victory. Anyone know?
    he's dead.
    gul'dan wasnt a demon.

and the end of the burning legion doesnt stop demons from renewing.

Formerly known as Arafal

Gul'dan, Warcrafts SJW's new wet dream! #ButHeShouldHaveBeenCreatedEqualToTheOtherOrcs!