Deleted

How to play havoc in 2s?

Ive played ww and surv pretty nicely in 2v2 (well to around 2.2k) and i understood clearly how to get kills, but having a bit of trouble to do the same on havoc. With WW usually killed people in healer/dps at around 20 damp. On surv it was around 30 damp, but on DH its like 50+ damp.

I know cc chain sap into clones i.e. are powerful. Just dunno seem to lack some damage until later in the dampening. I got 933 ilvl and 60+ traits. Which shouldnt be the issue.
    Might be a thing that DH has no healing reduc or so, or different type of burst.

Very possible playing wrong, but tried a lot of builds and tried looking for some high rated guides but no luck.

Any tips or discord contact appreciated.

Deleted
    I think you're supposed to spam demons bite and chaos strike untill something dies.

On a more serious note, meta+ nemesis+ vengeance+ chaos nova usually gets the job done. Just gotta line them up.

On an even more serious note, this forum is useless for pvp tips. Sadly there are no pvp forums left as AJ died.

You do unhealable damage to healers so just sit on one, change spec between chaos blades or fel barrage depending on if it's a pally or not (you dont want nemesis for example as that can be bubbled off)

vs double dps you just take the talent that gives you meta at low hp and take darkness talent as well to prevent your partner or yourself getting bursted.

ret palas are a huge pain as they can hoj you, get some procs and get a full hoj 20 seconds later and you're pretty much dead.

Quote Originally Posted by Shrewtheimmortal View Post
    Ive played ww and surv pretty nicely in 2v2 (well to around 2.2k) and i understood clearly how to get kills, but having a bit of trouble to do the same on havoc. With WW usually killed people in healer/dps at around 20 damp. On surv it was around 30 damp, but on DH its like 50+ damp.

I know cc chain sap into clones i.e. are powerful. Just dunno seem to lack some damage until later in the dampening. I got 933 ilvl and 60+ traits. Which shouldnt be the issue.
    Might be a thing that DH has no healing reduc or so, or different type of burst.

Very possible playing wrong, but tried a lot of builds and tried looking for some high rated guides but no luck.

Any tips or discord contact appreciated.
    I'm getting around to writing a dh pvp guide, but for now:

You can only really kill when you line up chaos nova+fury of the illidari+fel barrage when they are already at 70% or so from bloodlet ticks and chaos strike spam. Then 1 stun+ those abilties will usually kill a healer. You want to make the enemy stack as much as possible as this is where you will shine. Against anything that isnt a resto druid, take mana break/rain from above (doesnt matter, i take mana break tho) not because you want those abilities, but because then your sap becomes another 15 sec interrupt which is insanely useful. Meta will also help secure kills but its more just to force enemy trinket/cc/defensives cause people are stupid and like to use defensives when they see a big scary demon. 90% of kills I get are from a big chaos nova+fel barrage. Can't lie though, these days I only kill at 40% dampening or so. Back in 7.0-7.2 I would sometimes kill in the opener but thats a rarity nowadays.

Source: 2.4k rating 2.6k mmr 2s hero dh for 3 seasons.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Resentless View Post
    I'm getting around to writing a dh pvp guide, but for now:

You can only really kill when you line up chaos nova+fury of the illidari+fel barrage when they are already at 70% or so from bloodlet ticks and chaos strike spam. Then 1 stun+ those abilties will usually kill a healer. You want to make the enemy stack as much as possible as this is where you will shine. Against anything that isnt a resto druid, take mana break/rain from above (doesnt matter, i take mana break tho) not because you want those abilities, but because then your sap becomes another 15 sec interrupt which is insanely useful. Meta will also help secure kills but its more just to force enemy trinket/cc/defensives cause people are stupid and like to use defensives when they see a big scary demon. 90% of kills I get are from a big chaos nova+fel barrage. Can't lie though, these days I only kill at 40% dampening or so. Back in 7.0-7.2 I would sometimes kill in the opener but thats a rarity nowadays.

Source: 2.4k rating 2.6k mmr 2s hero dh for 3 seasons.
    Do you just kite until that dampening? and whats your favorite healer to play with?

What other talents u take? Also momentum or nemesis?

Please more info, maybe comp specific tips and tricks.. need more!! you are my only hope!!!!

Also does momentum snapshot fury?
    Last edited by mmoc33670b5533; 2017-07-25 at 10:18 AM.

Deleted
    Havoc Meta is easily countered by smart players. Outside of that it's not doing too well.

Havoc is a very, very basic class that you can have some fun on but certainly isn't going to get you to high ratings as well as many other classes/specs.

You do unhealable damage to healers so just sit on one, change spec between chaos blades or fel barrage depending on if it's a pally or not (you dont want nemesis for example as that can be bubbled off)

vs double dps you just take the talent that gives you meta at low hp and take darkness talent as well to prevent your partner or yourself getting bursted.

ret palas are a huge pain as they can hoj you, get some procs and get a full hoj 20 seconds later and you're pretty much dead.

Deleted
    WHy do people keep saying its unhealable damage? Havent they set foot in arena? its very healable and predictable damage - until above poster says its 30-40% dampening.

when you get some chaos strike procs in a row with fury up, it's unhealable without cds