Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst
    I find people are obsessed with having the perfect combo and won't break it ie: 2/3/9 (could be 4 healers) and then they put their group as "ToS Full clear WL"

Quote Originally Posted by apelsinjuice View Post
    Unless you have really bad group you will never wipe to enrage on hc, problem will always be something else so having extra healer often makes things easier
    Yeah, especially on fights like host. I'm an Ele main and Ill usually swap to resto for that fight just to give us some more breathing room.

Quote Originally Posted by Probably View Post
    There's always two sides to the coin. I agree that when raids are overhealing content I get pissed off. I main a healer, and I like a challenge. Good healers always do.

But then there are the other players (majority) who just want to dps and tank. Having extra healers literally has no effect on them besides extending the fight duration.

I prefer to underheal content to make it spicy, but I understand the 1 healer to 5 player ratio. Anything higher than that and I leave. It usually indicates people don't have faith in the group and they want extra insurance.
    In a true pug you don't know who can or will do what. Who will stay and who can handle mechanics. So people will overload the group for max loot and to make sure if needed you can trim fat or cover losses as people leave.
    "Privilege is invisible to those who have it."

I don't know about other people, but going through WoD had made me very used to the format of 2/4/9 or 2/5/13 - at least, as far as I remembered it pugs in that period generally tried to stick to those numbers. I'd be more inclined to suggest RL make that number, if I pug now and if RL asks about heal numbers. Could have sworn I only ever saw groups having less heals in AP/Legendary runs before ToS, too. Though I don't deny right now most people I've met want 1 heal per 5 (2/3/10 or 2/4/14.)
    Maybe those people you've met wanting extra healers have been AFKing and only got into raiding this expansion recently?
    See here for my own Mage solo (and sometimes other classes too.)
    And also see this document for my efforts at listing solo kills of every class. Please do not hesitate to message me if there is some kill I have failed to record.

10+ Year Old Account
    stacking healers lets you sleep through more mechanics than killing things quickly will let you skip. one favors methodical approach while the other involves taking lots of risks. just depends who you're playing with. for example in a pug i'd always prefer fill to 30 and stack tons of heals.

Deleted
    The game is easy enough on Normal and most DPS perform quite well. Why not take it safe. I'd rather outheal mechanics than pray for non-communicating randoms to deal with them properly.

Quote Originally Posted by Rigsy View Post
    average pug im finding is doing this

normal mode Tos = 5 healers in 20 man why?
    heroic mode 5 or 6 healers in 20 man why?
    guild raid 6 healers normal mode 22 main, 5 healers or 6 heroic 22 man why?

if you see a sudden shortage in healers inside the game its because they all got bored with this .
    Where is this magical land of spells and fairies where people actually ever want more than 4 healers in a pug? I'm having trouble finding pugs for ToS because everyone wants 2/3 healers, and 6 apply to each one.
    Banned from Twitter by Elon, so now I'm your problem.
    Quote Originally Posted by Brexitexit View Post
    I am the total opposite of a cuck.

Deleted
    This is crazy but I find pugs quickly on my 925+ dps and there's hardly spots for my 925 healer. Plus it happened that my healer gets removed before the run for some friend that just came online while dps can always be stacked.

Quote Originally Posted by trajandreps View Post
    This is crazy but I find pugs quickly on my 925+ dps and there's hardly spots for my 925 healer. Plus it happened that my healer gets removed before the run for some friend that just came online while dps can always be stacked.
    I've been running into the same thing. I'm guessing it's because DPS is such a crapshoot these days that once you find a good one you'll cling to it as hard as you can in a pug. Also most fights in ToS isn't healer dependent at all.

Deleted
    Because most of the pug healers are shit, so you just bring more to compensate for them being shit. Add the fact that literally no boss in ToS has any sort of tight dps check to meet, and you have your answer.

Quote Originally Posted by trajandreps View Post
    Absolutely this. Good DPS (especially those with immunities in ToS) are much more valuable than good healers at the moment. It just doesn't seem that way because bad DPS outnumber both parties easily.
    Banned from Twitter by Elon, so now I'm your problem.
    Quote Originally Posted by Brexitexit View Post
    I am the total opposite of a cuck.

Deleted
    Haven't seen so many healers anywhere.

2/3/9 or 2/4/14 that's all I am seeing around.

I'm kinda with the OP, people are trying to cover fuck ups. ToS honestly requires 3 healers MAX in all normal and HC, 4 if you wana play safe. I pugged HC as a resto shaman and I found my self thinking, wtf am I doing, noting to heal, people only die to being bad or standing in shit they shouldn't for to long, outside of that apart from key moments when you need a healer cs to counter an boss ability (Sisters shield) The only reason why I can think people run so many healers is to cover fuck ups, outside of that if you want a free ride, raid as a healer, so chill.