Page 9 of 12 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Mehrunes View Post
    Clarify what horseshit about Garrosh specifically you're trying to put into my mouth first, then flail around. Plus you could use a war that wasn't started by the Alliance if you want to whine about some imaginary opinions of mine on Garrosh. Besides, Garithos didn't imprison everyone personally, didn't move every Blood Elf to the execution site personally. And the entire state of Dalaran watched idly as he did it, despite all the shared history between Dalaran and Quel'thalas. You know, the reason Elves like Rommath detest Dalaran now. Besides, I didn't even mention the concept of fault. I mentioned bad experiences Blood Elves had with both factions. The end. What is it with your abject inability to follow context and the deep desire to disingenuously misrepresent what you're quoting (at least alter my text, you'd be more believable that way)?
    Imaginary opinions about Garrosh? Lol i dont have to go far, just to Jaina's thread, where you are throwing every blame at garrosh. He also didnt act on his own.. Someone had to throw mana bomb at theramore, someone had to aquire focusing iris.
    That Garrosh did it is nothing more than a fact.
    Garrosh invaded Gilneas.
    Last edited by Andromedes; 2017-07-25 at 03:39 PM.

@Mehrunes

Since you are playing the "selective reading card" (ignoring the fact that Sylvanas in the end blackmails the silver moon elves to join the northern campaign and, at the time, Nathanos was her special pet), i will play the chronicle card: since volume 3 was announced and will cover the Third War (and the blood elven conversion), nothing said by anyone here can either justify or deny High elves as a playable race...

PS: in TFT we only discover that Garithos was mind controlled by Detheroc, not when he was controlled.
    PS2: Again, WOW alliance is the Grand Alliance, which supreme leader is the King of Stormwind. Nothing to do with the Old Lordaeron Alliance or Garithos "New alliance". So, WoW alliance should not be blamed for what happened under Garithos alliance.
    PS3: Anyone knows that Blizzard gave the blood elves to the Horde in order to increase the horde player base, because TFT elven ending was with the Burning Crusade and Illidan... not to mention the abomination that the blood elf paladin was in TBC/WoW lore just in order to the horde have a Paladin able race (but this will probably be HEAVY retconned in Chronicles v3).

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Obelisk Kai View Post
    People have been quoting the examples you have given as a reason High Elves are 'imminent' since Wrath of the Lich King. Face it, they are like Horde Ogres. Faction furniture, a relic of a racial lineup Blizzard is acknowledging but which they are leaving in the past.
    Ogres happening is only a matter of time, too. It may not be this coming expansion or even the one after it, but it'll happen at some point. Why? Hype. Excitement. $$. I had this same discussion with people about Goblin from Vanilla through Wrath about Goblins when everyone swore up and down they were a neutral faction and would never see the light of day. Mark it here. Bookmark the page. It'll happen. Just has to be the right time for it to happen.

As for the next expansion clearly being South Seas related, my guess is Ethereal and Naga. Both received new models in Legion as well and can wear any armor that is in the game. What side they'll be on -- who knows? Blizzard likes to play with preconceived notions. It's likely Ethereal will be Horde (another pretty race for Horde to balance out the Blood Elf population) and Naga will be Alliance (another brute race to add spice ala Worgens). That way they can have the Blood Elves go, "Hey... but when Kael'thas did that..." The Horde bias with Blizzard is evident for all to see, so any chance to make the Alliance hypocrites they'll take.

Your tears are so yummy!

Quote Originally Posted by Ondray View Post
    Imaginary opinions about Garrosh? Lol i dont have to go far, just to Jaina's thread, where you are throwing every blame at garrosh. He also didnt act on his own.. Someone had to throw mana bomb at theramore, someone had to aquire focusing iris.
    And the relevance of that is what, again? Reading the part where I pointed I didn't talk about fault when I mentioned Garithos was too hard for you? And since you apparently enjoy being wrong, I'll repeat that Garrosh starting the war is fact. Are you unwilling or incapable of operating on facts? Your nonsense hyperbole about me throwing every blame at him is just that, nonsense. Correcting your lies that Sylvanas started the war, which is abject fanfiction, is not throwing every blame at Garrosh. Sylvanas is still responsible for her actions during the war. Starting the war is just not one of them. Hard concepts right here. Almost as hard as tying one's shoelaces. And I'm still not sure what argument you're trying to make about Theramore. Alas, I have the feeling it's going to be as stupid as this one.

Quote Originally Posted by Chromu View Post
    @Mehrunes

Since you are playing the "selective reading card" (ignoring the fact that Sylvanas in the end blackmails the silver moon elves to join the northern campaign and, at the time, Nathanos was her special pet), i will play the chronicle card: since volume 3 was announced and will cover the Third War (and the blood elven conversion), nothing said by anyone here can either justify or deny High elves as a playable race...
    This makes no sense whatsoever. The subject of the discussion can be only current lore as future lore is unknown. As for Sylvanas, Nathanos wasn't monitored by her 24/7. And Lor'themar was called to war by Thrall, which Sylvanas told him at the beginning. Him refusing the call to war would be an act of treason and he would have lost Horde support either way.

PS: in TFT we only discover that Garithos was mind controlled by Detheroc, not when he was controlled.
    Except he only encounters Detheroc after Blood Elves go their merry way.

PS2: Again, WOW alliance is the Grand Alliance, which supreme leader is the King of Stormwind. Nothing to do with the Old Lordaeron Alliance or Garithos "New alliance". So, WoW alliance should not be blamed for what happened under Garithos alliance.
    Again, they are the same entities as per Metzen. Not sure what wasn't clear about it the first time I said it.

PS3: Anyone knows that Blizzard gave the blood elves to the Horde in order to increase the horde player base, because TFT elven ending was with the Burning Crusade and Illidan... not to mention the abomination that the blood elf paladin was in TBC/WoW lore just in order to the horde have a Paladin able race (but this will probably be HEAVY retconned in Chronicles v3).
    With Illidan, not the Alliance. And that was only the force that went to Outland, so ~15% of the survivors IIRC. And why would it be retconned?
    Quote Originally Posted by Kangodo View Post
    Does the CIA pay you for your bullshit or are you just bootlicking in your free time?
    Quote Originally Posted by Mirishka View Post
    I'm quite tired of people who dislike something/disagree with something while attacking/insulting anyone that disagrees. Its as if at some point, people forgot how opinions work.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Gaexion Ramza Beoulve View Post

Your tears are so yummy!
    I love this. An exact repetition of "stop trying to make demon hunters happen, they are not going to happen". I'll have to visit MMOC whenever high elves follow the demon hunters, the squeals of butthurt around here will be absolutely delicious to listen to.

MAYBE if they ever decide to waste resources and add subraces, but as a whole new playable race? No way. Not possible. They're almost identical to Blood Elves in appearance and animations, and Blizzard needs a race that's new and exciting to attract new players, and not a copy/paste of an additional race just to make some lore fans happy. They'd have to implement new quests, possibly a starting zone, and record new voice lines. They might as well just let you pick your faction when creating a new character instead, but that seems doubtful as well. Things could change, but I really doubt we'll see it. Too much effort for little reward, imo.

The neutral elf looks badass

Elemental Lord
    10+ Year Old Account
    This is a tiresome debate. Thirteen years and counting and High Elf fans still won't get over it. I hope they announce sub-races at Gamescom. And that High Elves aren't one of them. Finally bury this topic.
    Realy hope it happends. And when asked they response with: you got them in 2007 remember? Just their name is different.

Quote Originally Posted by MatthiasLehner View Post

I'm pretty sure they'll never be happy unless WoW looked like this
    lol that is awesome.

And why would it be retconned?
    I won't speak to the other parts of your discussion w/ Chromu, but I feel this particular inquiry can be answered very obviously.

If they, Blizzard, made the choice to implement playable High Elves then the why of anything they'll change (or, more realistically, expand upon) would be in the interest of making that scenario make sense -- nothing more, nothing less. That's the why of everything they do.

Quote Originally Posted by Fyersing View Post
    I won't speak to the other parts of your discussion w/ Chromu, but I feel this particular inquiry can be answered very obviously.

If they, Blizzard, made the choice to implement playable High Elves then the why of anything they'll change (or, more realistically, expand upon) would be in the interest of making that scenario make sense -- nothing more, nothing less. That's the why of everything they do.
    Yes, Blizzard can ultimately retcon anything if they want to. It's pretty meaningless statement, given the low likelihood of some retcons (or decisions in general) compared to others. Besides, that part wasn't talking about playable High Elves. Yes, if they make them playable, it's obvious Blizzard is going to make lore justification for that. Though that doesn't have to include any retcons.

What it did talk about was Blood Elves joining the Horde and Chromu having some issues with Blood Elf Paladins. Horde Blood Elves are not going anywhere, even if High Elves are added to the Alliance. Retconning the Blood Elf joining the Horde kinda defeats the purpose of Alliance High Elves to begin with. Retconning Blood Elf Paladins is also unlikely to happen. Why would they randomly remove a Class from a Race? Or change its story at least? Mu'ru's sacrifice is one of the fundamentals of Blood Elf story post-TBC. Liadrin is one of the front-runners of Blood Elf story.

Besides, there's also their earlier remark about Chronicle v3 to be considered, i.e. that because of incoming Chronicle v3 the current lore cannot be used to justify the current situation, because reasons. At worst it can retcon the current lore and alter the discussion accordingly. After it's released. And that remark indicates either some misunderstanding of canon, that they have some inside source on what story it's going to tell (unlikely) or their belief that their wishful thinking of what it's going to contain is of any relevance.
    Quote Originally Posted by Kangodo View Post
    Does the CIA pay you for your bullshit or are you just bootlicking in your free time?
    Quote Originally Posted by Mirishka View Post
    I'm quite tired of people who dislike something/disagree with something while attacking/insulting anyone that disagrees. Its as if at some point, people forgot how opinions work.

7+ Year Old Account
    Where are the Vampirates elf?

btw Nightborne from suramar will be the new race for sure...
    Argus in 2018 My prediction failed in part... But I'm still a Spacegoat

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Tartys View Post
    btw Nightborne from suramar will be the new race for sure...
    just like hozen and jyniu

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Syegfryed View Post
    just like hozen and jyniu
    I dont see many players pay for a race change for that, but why not?

But actually, we got some of them in our ranks, like Ryanna the apprentice, the first nightborne to join the Tirisgarde.
    With Suramar free, first time in millenia and people are finally allowed to move, is not so stange that some of them wanna became adventurer and join people that save them...

Also its time to the Allinace to have some pretty race with no tail... We Draenei can not be the only Alliance's beautiful race!
    Argus in 2018 My prediction failed in part... But I'm still a Spacegoat

10+ Year Old Account

But actually, we got some of them in our ranks, like Ryanna the apprentice, the first nightborne to join the Tirisgarde.
    With Suramar free, first time in millenia and people are finally allowed to move, is not so stange that some of them wanna became adventurer and join people that save them...

Also its time to the Allinace to have some pretty race with no tail... We Draenei can not be the only Alliance's beautiful race!
    The Alliance also has Humans and Night Elves, two other attractive races. Frankly, the Alliance could do with something weird and exotic as their next race rather than yet another pretty face, simply to give your faction more real options.

It's the Horde that needs a new conventionally attractive race. We only have the one so far and another would go a long way to giving people who want to play such a type a bit more choice.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Hitei View Post
    How is that a counter?
    We don't wanna play with the filthy mongrel races. Putting blood elves on horde made 0 sense from the start.
    It was never Hardcore Vs Casual. It was Socialites Vs. Solo players
    Quote Originally Posted by ringpriest View Post
    World of Warcraft started life as a Computer Roleplaying Game, where part of the fun of the game experience was pretending to be your character. Stuff like applying poisons and eating food enhanced the verisimilitude of the experience of playing a fantasy character in another world. Now that game has changed to become a tactical arcade lobby game.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by roahn the warlock View Post
    We don't wanna play with the filthy mongrel races. Putting blood elves on horde made 0 sense from the start.
    It made perfect sense. They had a whole third of the Frozen Throne campaign dedicated to the High/Blood Elves leaving the Alliance, showing you that it was a rational decision. They then explained that the Blood Elves still needed allies and the Horde was willing to take them in.

The only way it would not make sense, is if you are so wedded to a Tolkien stereotype of Humans, Elves and Dwarves being on the same side that anything that deviates from that stereotype is 'wrong'.

In which case, the answer is you don't have to play with the 'filthy mongrel races'. But you can't play a High/Blood Elf either.

7+ Year Old Account

the thing is, new races are always tied in someway to the expansion.

Nightborn are just bugged night elves, there is no reasons to then to be playable

and we have enough eles already

- - - Updated - - -

It's the Horde that needs a new conventionally attractive race. We only have the one so far and another would go a long way to giving people who want to play such a type a bit more choice.

the horde don't need another "attractive race" we will lost the concept and the identity of the faction

we had population problems, they give us blood elves, problem resolver, we can have any ugly monster now, who will not make difference

Deleted
    I would not mind if Alliance gets High Elves (BE models with different eye colour and probably a bit different tints of hair), if Horde gets a Draenei variant instead (Eredar defectors with red skin, who leave the Legion and cannot join the Alliance because Draenei). Give these Eredar warlocks and DH instead of priests/paladins. Then the Alliance can have its High Elves.