Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst
LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Edge- View Post
    The cynic in me instantly jumps to monetization and declining revenue, but I'd be curious as to if there was an actual reason that they gave elsewhere. Though I'm totally ready for it, if it exists, to be as hilariously cringy as when they tried to present the removal of free players ability to store up 7 days of dungeon charges/queue for specific dungeons as somehow beneficial for players overall : /
    Oh god I remember that. Or specific queuing. Fucking had me in stitches that they tried to claim it's a benefit.

How the fuck it is a benefit that I should have to pay a sub for 7 days of dungeon charges?

10+ Year Old Account
    If people actually play Rift instead of instant knee jerk reactions, they'd know that lockboxes no longer drop at max level anywhere, no point in having keys with nothing to open.

Quote Originally Posted by Slipmat View Post
    If people actually play Rift instead of instant knee jerk reactions, they'd know that lockboxes no longer drop at max level anywhere, no point in having keys with nothing to open.
    If "community ambassadors" actually helped the community then they/you would tell us that in the post.

But we all know that's just a title given to anyone these days.
    Last edited by Eleccybubb; 2017-09-14 at 03:48 PM.

I don't actually play Rift right now, I find it pretty hard to get motivated to log in so I was unaware of that fact.

Maybe you could have posted this information without the snark and made someone like me look a bit foolish for posting with outdated information, rather than making yourself seem hostile.

Is there a reason why lockboxes don't drop at max level anymore? Do they drop at lower levels? Has Trion said anything about this? What about subs that continue to have troves of old lockboxes that they could use the keys to open?

10+ Year Old Account
    One of the smallest hotfixes ever

RIFT 4.2: Hotfix #10 9/14/2017

ZONES AND EVENTS

VOSTIGAR PEAKS

* Quest: The White Tigress: Steel Cohort mobs once again count properly for this quest.
    Source: http://forums.riftgame.com/general-d...ml#post5323012

Maybe you could have posted this information without the snark
    Asking Slipmat to post without the snark and hostility is like asking a fish to stop swimming. I don't think he is capable of doing so.

As for the subs that continue to have troves of old lockboxes, I guess they will have to cough up even more money and buy the keys to unlock them. I haven't played Rift in about a year now, so I can't recall if you are able to destroy the lockboxes or if they just take up more room (and hey, give us more money to get more space so you can hold more things that the lockboxes keep you from holding!). I honestly don't know why I keep subbed to this subforum. Guess I am just too lazy to click the unsub, or something like that.

10+ Year Old Account
    I'm sure hearing it from one of the Devs will put your concerns to rest, you can all sleep easy now.

This was directly the result of frequent player requests to stop getting them. Nothing more or less. It is also unrelated to any future revamp plans, as I know Archonix has mentioned possibly revamping world dropped boxes at some point as well.

As players have noted, there is such a glut of keys at this point, that the cost to acquire them from other players is almost nothing at all, so this is also clearly not a move towards direct purchase. They just do not currently hold value, and players were tired of getting them. SO I removed them from the weekly boxes.

That said, I forgot that rare keys only had a chance to drop from the daily boxes (my box this morning reminded me), so that should be fixed in the next patch after this week.

If in the future the keys hold value again, we would surely also look at putting them back into the login rewards.
    Source: http://forums.riftgame.com/general-d...ml#post5323061

I'm sure hearing it from one of the Devs will put your concerns to rest, you can all sleep easy now.

Source: http://forums.riftgame.com/general-d...ml#post5323061
    I'll sleep double easy, now.

I'll sleep double easy, now.
    http://www.trionworlds.com/rift/en/2...now-available/

Seems a bit coincidental that a day after they remove the keys they introduce a new supply crate.

Can see why they don't care about the older lockboxes right now. Gotta make money off new crates. Only difference is supply crates don't use a key so wouldn't really call it a lockbox. More a gambling crate I guess.

5 dollars for a crate though is fucking laughable. Especially when in other games I can get 5 crates/boxes for that cost.
    Last edited by Eleccybubb; 2017-09-18 at 09:28 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Eleccybubb View Post
    http://www.trionworlds.com/rift/en/2...now-available/

Seems a bit coincidental that a day after they remove the keys they introduce a new supply crate.

Can see why they don't care about the older lockboxes right now. Gotta make money off new crates. Only difference is supply crates don't use a key so wouldn't really call it a lockbox. More a gambling crate I guess.

5 dollars for a crate though is fucking laughable. Especially when in other games I can get 5 crates/boxes for that cost.
    Eh, it's cash-shop only, it seems like. Doesn't really impact keys at all.

Though I see they're following in the footsteps of SWTOR/ESO with their "improved lockbox opening UI" : P

Oh well, don't really have any issues with that crate that I don't have with every other RNG lockbox in MMO's. /whateverburger

10+ Year Old Account
    Anyone that had problems with the Maze of Steel solo instance where you fight both Ahnket and Crucia can now relax and enjoy completing the story line, the fight has been nerfed into the ground.

RIFT 4.2: Hotfix #11 9/20/2017

ZONES AND EVENTS

VOSTIGAR PEAKS

* Zone Events: Several changes have been made in an attempt to address the issue of the loot not being awarded consistently.
    * Quest: The Maze of Steel: Changed many aspects of the fight with Ahnket and Crucia to decrease difficulty slightly:
    - Fixed Ahnket’s “Ray of Obliteration” so that it will no longer be able to be cast immediately after becoming unshielded.
    - Ahnket’s “Ray of Obliteration” now ticks 3 times, previously 4 times.
    - Ahnket’s “Ray of Obliteration” has had its cooldown increased to 35 seconds, previously 29 seconds.
    - Crucia’s “Lightning Breath” has an increased warning delay of 4 seconds, previously 2 seconds.
    - Crucia’s “Thunder Blast” has had its cast time increased to 8 seconds, previously 6 seconds
    - The “Shield” and “Heal” temporary abilities have been changed.
    - “Shield” is no longer an absorption shield. It now mitigates 75% damage from Ray of Obliteration. Note: This ability ONLY affects Ray of Obliteration, and nothing else.
    - “Shield” has had its duration increased to 8 seconds, previously 4 seconds.
    - “Heal” has had the initial heal increased to 30%, previously 20%.
    - “Heal” has had its heal over time effect increased to 8% health per tick, previously 5% health per tick.
    - “Heal” has had its cooldown decreased to 15 seconds, previously 25 seconds.
    * Fixed an issue with daily meta quests auto-completing on log out or crashing.

ITEMS

* Trinket: Cursed Claw: Energy Manipulation no longer consumes Claw Curse.
    Source: http://forums.riftgame.com/general-d...ml#post5323757

Deleted
    Do alot of people even play this anymore? I loved the game but it dropped to like, 500 peak within a 24hr period.... MMO with 500 players :S?

Quote Originally Posted by Sarlix516 View Post
    Do alot of people even play this anymore? I loved the game but it dropped to like, 500 peak within a 24hr period.... MMO with 500 players :S?
    I imagine there's a fair few left on the Non Steam version but basically no. Which is a shame but devs have only themselves to blame for the decline. Although they have tried to attribute their own failures to players before and well was amusing to read to say the least.

Deleted
    I imagine there's a fair few left on the Non Steam version but basically no. Which is a shame but devs have only themselves to blame for the decline. Although they have tried to attribute their own failures to players before and well was amusing to read to say the least.
    Fair enough! was a great game when I played it a couple years ago.. was a very fun break from WoW to say the least, then , sadly, went back to WoW as well, Optimization & player issues in RIFT was declining :/

Fair enough! was a great game when I played it a couple years ago.. was a very fun break from WoW to say the least, then , sadly, went back to WoW as well, Optimization & player issues in RIFT was declining :/
    I agree. I maintain pre Nightmare Tide was the best time in Rift.

I mean if you want this as a side game go for it in my opinion. As a main game I just think there's better MMOs and ones that are worth paying a box price/subscription for. Me personally I wiped it from my computer the moment I tried Starfall Prophecy. The fact they went B2P then back to F2P in 8 months also gives a small indication of how it did in sales. Not to mention the fact 4.2 just finishes adding in the content that should have been launch or 4.1 content.
    Last edited by Eleccybubb; 2017-09-27 at 11:27 AM.

Deleted
    I agree. I maintain pre Nightmare Tide was the best time in Rift.

I mean if you want this as a side game go for it in my opinion. As a main game I just think there's better MMOs and ones that are worth paying a box price/subscription for. Me personally I wiped it from my computer the moment I tried Starfall Prophecy. The fact they went B2P then back to F2P in 8 months also gives a small indication of how it did in sales. Not to mention the fact 4.2 just finishes adding in the content that should have been launch or 4.1 content.
    Pretty **** then !

Any ideas on some MMO's that are "hidden" in the masses of them?

Tried FFantasy and doesn't really appeal to me.
    WoW is obviously my main one.
    and TERA, is Fu**ing amazing! but.. again. OPTIMIZATION ISSUES. Kills the game-.-.

Pretty **** then !

Any ideas on some MMO's that are "hidden" in the masses of them?

Tried FFantasy and doesn't really appeal to me.
    WoW is obviously my main one.
    and TERA, is Fu**ing amazing! but.. again. OPTIMIZATION ISSUES. Kills the game-.-.
    The problem with optimization is it does exist in good MMOs. Don't throw one away if the optimization isn't that bad.

My advice for Rift. Try it and form your own opinion. Don't just rely on any opinion here. I just don't like the way the game has gone since NMT a few years ago.

10+ Year Old Account
    Not much happening for this weeks hotfix, but as the ad says every little helps.

RIFT 4.2: Hotfix #12 9/27/2017

GENERAL

* Carnage icons now show in custom nameplates.
    * Characters can now join the appropriate starter guild successfully no matter what shard they are on.
    * Fixed the display of Guild Quests in the Guild manager window.

RIFT STORE AND SERVICES

* The Patron Treasure Map buff now properly boosts Captured Intel.

INSTANT ADVENTURE

* When characters leave an instant adventure, they will return to the point in the world where they joined the adventure.
    * Instant adventure groups that have at least one member not flagged for PvP will not be sent to instant adventures on PvP shards.

ZONES AND EVENTS

GEDLO BADLANDS

* Fixed a few problematic locations where rifts could spawn in Gedlonia.

VOSTIGAR PEAKS

* Quest: Hinder Crucia: The Maze of Steel: Fixed an issue where the daily Hinder Crucia Maze of Steel quests did not increment the meta daily Hinder Maze of Steel quest.

ITEMS

* Adjusted the dyed appearance of the Ceremonial Hero armor and helmet.
    Source: http://forums.riftgame.com/general-d...ml#post5324438

10+ Year Old Account
    This weeks hotfix is sure to make the 'Dimensioneers' happy, if you're not superstitious of it been Hotfix #13.

RIFT 4.2: Hotfix #13 10/4/2017

RIFT STORE & SERVICES

* A new Mystery Box has been added to the store - Landquarium Wonders! It features a selection trees, plants, flowers, rocks, and Treant NPCS. It also has a chance of containing the new Landquarium Dimension Key! (Note: The Alittu Mystery Box will be retired soon, so get yours now!)

WARDROBE

* Fashion Week is back! Check out the winner of the recent wardrobe contest - Primarch Narsiro's Regalia Bundle!
    * Non-premium wardrobe armor bundles have been permanently reduced in price!

DIMENSIONS

* The costs for increasing item caps to tier 5 has been decreased for all dimensions.
    * The item caps for each tier for all personal dimensions has been increased.

ITEMS

* Eternal Items with Passive effects now should work as expected.
    - NOTE: After leaving a warfront, these abilities currently do not turn back on automatically. Players will have to unequip and reequip the item to restart the effect. We are currently investigating fixes to this.
    Source: http://forums.riftgame.com/general-d...ml#post5325210

10+ Year Old Account
    If you still need Planar Defense Force Rep which used to be gotten from the Planar Rifts IAs, then the good news is that now the Celestial IAs which include Gedlo Badlands and Vostigar Peaks will award this Rep, all in hotfix #14.

RIFT 4.2: Hotfix #14 10/11/2017

RIFT STORE AND SERVICES

* Available for a limited time: Unlock the Forgemaster's Inferno costume helm with your first purchase of a $19.99, €19.99 or £15.49 credit pack! Offer available until October 25th.

ZONES AND EVENTS

* Abyssal Saga Quest: Blood in the Water: Now has a Primalist option.

PLANETOUCHED WILDS

* Porting to or logging in near Calweddi will no longer result in a client crash.

INSTANT ADVENTURE

* All adventures in the Celestial queue now grant Planar Defense Force notoriety upon conclusion.

DUNGEONS AND RAIDS

GYEL FORTRESS

* The Corrupting Inferno that could not be attacked in Gyel fortress has been moved to a nearby location so it can be killed.
    Source: http://forums.riftgame.com/general-d...ml#post5325950