Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst
    Quote Originally Posted by satimy View Post
    Another deflection
    Your inability to read and understand words as they are with no deeper meaning (the post itself just said skroe is no friend to Israel for example) is not a deflection on my part but yours.

Quote Originally Posted by Calfredd View Post
    Your inability to read and understand words as they are with no deeper meaning (the post itself just said skroe is no friend to Israel for example) is not a deflection on my part but yours.
    He makes a non sequitor argument and you go with the ad hominem. Why don't you stop derailing the thread and post productively.

He makes a non sequitor argument and you go with the ad hominem. Why don't you stop derailing the thread and post productively.
    You first dear sir.

Never forget the USS Liberty.

Israel must pay for her crimes.

Seems like a blatant violation of 1st amendment rights. It'd never stand in the courts.

Quote Originally Posted by Xarkan View Post
    Really?

In a world where [the current incarnation of] Turkey exist and is your ally you still manage to pick any other country than Turkey as your worst ally?
    The difference is we let Israel inside the circle of trust far closer than we do Turkey.

Israel and the US jointly develop technology, specifically military technology. Israel goes and sells it to China.

The US spends a decade telling Israel not to build setlements. Says they're illegal. Israel tells us "sure no problem", then goes and does it anyway. And then expects us to take a bullet for them at the UN.

Israel has a lot to offer but they forget, to paraphase Bill Clinton int he 1990s on just the topic, "who the fucking superpower is". This is not a relationship of equals. This is a relationship between patron and subordinate. The US should generally not throw its weight around with its allies like that, but decades of Israel taking our support for granted has, in my opinion, pushed the relationship to a point we need a major re-norming. They need to be reminded that, sure we can deal, but when we tell them to fucking do something, they fucking do it, or risk losing our support. The relationship must be a two way street.

Obama throwing Israel under the buss last fall was deeply cyncial on his part, but was also, for entirely different reasons from why he did it, completely overdue. Israel, of all of our allies, is the one most need in reminding of there is a limit to how far our patience goes. And that list of allies by the way, is very small. It's pretty much Israel, Turkey, the Philippines, the UK on defense issues, Poland on democratic issues, and Pakistan.

10+ Year Old Account
    thats dumb. Clear violation of the first.

As for boycotting countries. never really works. Then again everyone is basically supporting Saudi Arabia through oil and just giving tax money to the US and European countries.

Quote Originally Posted by Skroe View Post
    The difference is we let Israel inside the circle of trust far closer than we do Turkey.

Israel and the US jointly develop technology, specifically military technology. Israel goes and sells it to China.

The US spends a decade telling Israel not to build setlements. Says they're illegal. Israel tells us "sure no problem", then goes and does it anyway. And then expects us to take a bullet for them at the UN.

Israel has a lot to offer but they forget, to paraphase Bill Clinton int he 1990s on just the topic, "who the fucking superpower is". This is not a relationship of equals. This is a relationship between patron and subordinate. The US should generally not throw its weight around with its allies like that, but decades of Israel taking our support for granted has, in my opinion, pushed the relationship to a point we need a major re-norming. They need to be reminded that, sure we can deal, but when we tell them to fucking do something, they fucking do it, or risk losing our support. The relationship must be a two way street.

Obama throwing Israel under the buss last fall was deeply cyncial on his part, but was also, for entirely different reasons from why he did it, completely overdue. Israel, of all of our allies, is the one most need in reminding of there is a limit to how far our patience goes. And that list of allies by the way, is very small. It's pretty much Israel, Turkey, the Philippines, the UK on defense issues, Poland on democratic issues, and Pakistan.
    You realize Obama was called an anti Semite and Jew hater for those positions right? The same insults you have levied at others

Quote Originally Posted by Skroe View Post
    Thanks for this. It's been a good six hours since I saw a member of the alt-right imply or state outright that Jews rule America in secret.

A regular dose of antisemitism is useful to remember how repugnant the alt-right is.
    I think there's no more poignant illustration of the bizarre alliance that is the right wing of politics in modern times than the fact that it is simultaneously fanatically pro-Israel AND anti-Semitic.

Close second would be the fact that it is now (apparently) anti-globalist but pro-big corporations.
    Quote Originally Posted by Tojara View Post
    Look Batman really isn't an accurate source by any means
    Quote Originally Posted by Hooked View Post
    It is a fact, not just something I made up.

Quote Originally Posted by Mormolyce View Post
    I think there's no more poignant illustration of the bizarre alliance that is the right wing of politics in modern times than the fact that it is simultaneously fanatically pro-Israel AND anti-Semitic.

Close second would be the fact that it is now (apparently) anti-globalist but pro-big corporations.
    Bibi hates George Soros and I highly doubt hes anti-semitic.

Deleted
    http://nymag.com/daily/intelligencer...tt-israel.html

43 Senators Want to Make It a Federal Crime to Boycott Israeli Settlements

Maybe Russia and Russians aren't the ones we should worry about controlling our government. I'm assuming this would get thrown out by Scotus but it is sad to see how many of our senators are basically agents of the Knesset
    Trump is pro-Israel.
    But yes, if you're not allowed to criticize someone, you know he rules over you.

these idiots have to know what a waste of time this is.