Can't get past the mage tower [resto]

im 910 and cant get past the 2nd to last wave. could anyone assist me? i know all of the mechanics and whatnot but jarod and granny keep dying.
    "You know you that bitch when you cause all this conversation."

Quote Originally Posted by TheramoreIsTheBomb View Post
    im 910 and cant get past the 2nd to last wave. could anyone assist me? i know all of the mechanics and whatnot but jarod and granny keep dying.
    I assume you are talking about the 2nd to last wave of phase 1. There is 1 major point you need to survive and 1 minor spot. First on the previous wave make sure you drag the last soldier mob on top of where the wave 4 mage will be activated. This way all your npcs will be in place and you can get a healing rain down before it starts. Once wave 4 activates I flame shock and getn 1 lava burst off and then drop stun totem. You want the stun to go out as the soldiers begin their knife dance. If you want to be safe get a 3rd spell off before dropping the stun. Get some more dps into the mage during the stun.

After the stun ends is the most important part of the wave. Both soldiers will usually do their focus on you immediately and the mage is still alive. As soon as the stun wears off I use Astral Shift and Ascendance and heal myself. You survive here and then finish the mage you are in a much better spot. The next thing to worry about is the next 2x focus. I do not use any cooldowns for that, just heal through it. One of the soldiers should be dead before another focus goes out.

Quote Originally Posted by Doogler View Post
    I assume you are talking about the 2nd to last wave of phase 1. There is 1 major point you need to survive and 1 minor spot. First on the previous wave make sure you drag the last soldier mob on top of where the wave 4 mage will be activated. This way all your npcs will be in place and you can get a healing rain down before it starts. Once wave 4 activates I flame shock and getn 1 lava burst off and then drop stun totem. You want the stun to go out as the soldiers begin their knife dance. If you want to be safe get a 3rd spell off before dropping the stun. Get some more dps into the mage during the stun.

After the stun ends is the most important part of the wave. Both soldiers will usually do their focus on you immediately and the mage is still alive. As soon as the stun wears off I use Astral Shift and Ascendance and heal myself. You survive here and then finish the mage you are in a much better spot. The next thing to worry about is the next 2x focus. I do not use any cooldowns for that, just heal through it. One of the soldiers should be dead before another focus goes out.
    I nearly got them done last try a few days ago but granny decided to die [not sure what the hell killed her.] then same thing but I had died because Jarod couldn't grab the unfixated warrior off of me.
    "You know you that bitch when you cause all this conversation."

I used the bubble neck and leggo pants so i didnt have to heal myself much at all. I kept riptide running on everything and like doogler said make sure to stun knife dance. Also feel free to use healing tide here. The last wave is not a gimme but you can just pop lust and use AG along with anything else you have up. Keep in mind you can wait after you finish the phase for all CDs to come up before you start the next phase and can swap any gear at that point.

Legendary!
    10+ Year Old Account
    Did it with 912, had concordance on weapon, Aluriel's Mirror, and that other trinket that gives mana from the Nighthold. Prydaz and the Realing Rain Boots were my legendaries. The second to last wave is tricky, try using ascendance or some other cd. It's the time to waste your mana. Use Bloodlust and whatever cd you still have on the last wave. Potion of Prolonged Power, everything.

I was getting decimated at that specific wave by the filthy archer, but once I figured who he's been damaging, it got easier to focus-heal. The stun totem helped too with the other adds. IMO the mage was the smallest of the problens since I could interrupt his attack and/or purge his buff. Just remember to run away from the melee guy and use the slow totem and/or spiritwalker grace.

Quote Originally Posted by korlach View Post
    I used the bubble neck and leggo pants so i didnt have to heal myself much at all. I kept riptide running on everything and like doogler said make sure to stun knife dance. Also feel free to use healing tide here. The last wave is not a gimme but you can just pop lust and use AG along with anything else you have up. Keep in mind you can wait after you finish the phase for all CDs to come up before you start the next phase and can swap any gear at that point.
    This so much, when i did this back when it came out it went pretty smooth.

Are u using any proper healing addon and interface? (Like vuhdo grid etc). Make sure u r able to see the debuff from archer cause that thing hits hard. Are u tracking the debuffs on mages? Do u interrupt and CC them ? If u say "I dunno why npc died" that means u r not really aware of damage patterns for that event.