Page 9 of 9 FirstFirst ...
    7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by n7stormreaver View Post
    So at their very origin they united to defeat a threat that would destroy\conquer the entire world? And when there was nothing major they started fighting again.

How is that different from when they defeated Arthas, started all their war again (Invasion of Gilneas, Horde in Stonetalon, etc.) and then they suddenly realized that there is that thing that is able to rip the whole planet apart and somebody should probably do something about that?

And what happens after than? Oh right, Pandaria literally starts with factions being at war, gathering allies on a new land to kill each other, not even stopping in the face of Titan-Empowered Tyrant returned from Ancient Legends and still killing each other at the foothold of his palace and then Horde collapses on itself and asks Alliance to clean up their mess.

And after that, they go to a world full of resources with each faction having foothold on different ends of it and still fighting over strategic point of Ashran. And then the same dude who united them back in WC3 appears again with intention to destroy everything and someone again has to do something about it.

And then suddenly a largest Legion invasion happens and from a story standpoint every dead soldier from each side will bring the world where both factions live, in peace or war, closer to being annihilated.

Now please, point out where exactly in this abridged story line of past 7+ years of Warcraft do you think they could have crammed in more "war" that would also make sense.

P.S: Having a war while your world is about to be destroyed by dragons, elementals or demons does not make sense.
    Difference - at Hyjal it was new and first time used. Now its cliche for every expansion.

I hate how it has become ... the Two factions are pointless now ....

Quote Originally Posted by Verdugo View Post
    How are a bunch of mindless zombies more threatening than a bunch of driven zombies supported by necromancers, siege weapons and tacticians.
    It's not bolvars existence as much long is stupid as fuck all on it's own I concede that

You all seem to think the war was getting tired. Fair point.

But then just go the next step and make everyone be able to talk to everyone and group with everyone. Just put a nice tombstone on the lore once and for all.

Quote Originally Posted by Barrages View Post
    It's been dead since WOTLK. The devs even said they never really even intended for WoW to last as long as it has. The lore ended where the lore in the RTS ended. They've just been pulling stuff (and worse quality stuff as it goes on) out of their asses to keep the cash cow going ever since.
    Legion is rts lore fucking mook

Infracted.
    Last edited by Aucald; 2017-07-24 at 07:54 PM. Reason: Received Infraction

Quote Originally Posted by Charge me Doctor View Post
    I also wonder why as a horde character i understand what alliance leaders say, do i know [common] now? Why don't i understand players then? Do faction leaders / neutral use some sort of [commonmultifraction] language to communicate that somehow can be understood by both sides, but none of these "sides" can talk in [commonmultifraction]?
    It's just confusing. I really loved what warcraft the movie did with language, but i fucking hate what the game did. I wish blizzard reimplement skill of learning language, make it affected by Int stat and add cross-faction language to learn, remake every single piece that ruins whole language barrier thing, throw in some "translator NPC" who vaguely translate what the fuck is varian yelling at when a green beam struck a guy with ashbringer instead of me mentally comprehending the unknown for me language of humies
    The leaders thing is still better than Saurfang in ICC explaining his son's name to the Horde. "We named him Dranosh. It means Heart of Draenor in Orcish." Bitch please, you're talking in Orcish, it's the primary language of the Horde. You basically said "We named him Heart of Draenor. It means Heart of Draenor."
    Last edited by Mehrunes; 2017-07-24 at 07:52 PM.
    Quote Originally Posted by Kangodo View Post
    Does the CIA pay you for your bullshit or are you just bootlicking in your free time?
    Quote Originally Posted by Mirishka View Post
    I'm quite tired of people who dislike something/disagree with something while attacking/insulting anyone that disagrees. Its as if at some point, people forgot how opinions work.

The lore was kinda good during vanilla. TBC was the worst before WoD. Cata and MoP were good in terms of lore, ignoring green jesus of course.

The problem with the game is that they come up in every expansion with a world ending threat, forcing the factions to work together. This gets worse because we can't lose against world ending threats, that is obvious.

WoD was the best opportunity for us to lose, and have quite a good number of new(old?) characters. But they screwed that, and we only had Gul'dan, who is dead by now.

Also, they retcon something in every single expansion, just to fit the new storyline. That's when you realize that Blizz writers worth nothing, because when you create new storylines, you have to make them so it can fit on the existing lore, not the other way round.

The biggest mistake of Blizzard was killing Garrosh. He gave the Horde more identity, he was hated by the alliance, and some of the horde. Now, the horde has no identity, the lore of Blood Champions and Sunwalkers was killed in order to fit with the common human paladin, for example.

It's a shame that all these decades of making a whole world and lore, ended like this.

Quote Originally Posted by Skyduke View Post
    They have written absolutely nothing new which is not absolute garbage. The only "original" (read: not present in Warcraft 1, 2 or 3 and not retconned over and over because they have no imagination) was MoP, and we got Pandas and Monks from that. I'm not even going to go there.
    I think most who played MoP look back on it and see the expansion up there with WoTLK and TBC, it was certainly better than Cataclysm and Warlords of Draenor and I would even put it above Legion.

My only gripe with MoP was that I think they should've explored the more "animalistic" and "savage" elements of the pandaren. They're a race of bear-people and it would've been nice to see some more ursine behavioral traits incorporated into their society.

The fact that this game is not about PvP makes "Warcraft" inane. They are forced to make heroes of the Horde and of the Alliance into either raid bosses or neutral questgivers, because they cba to come up with new original and well written characters, and because creating content that fits everyone is faster than creating content that differs for either side.
    I'm more bothered by the fact that the Horde and Alliance always face a common enemy (Iron Horde, Legion) and yet still manage to fight over the stupidest fucking things. Honestly, Blizzard should either go all out buddy-buddy with the factions or all out enemies.

Dalaran? Human city, two times hub. Neutral.
    Theramore? Major alliance city... Destroyed with a "cutscene" of a goblin dropping a bomb on it (why not do it to all the alliance cities then? Seriously, who the FUCK wrote this?)
    Vol'Jin? Eats an arrow, names Sylvanas warchief (Really? Lol...)
    Kil'jaeden and Archimonde just reused, tired. Hopefully they are really dead and this isn't a setback this time.
    Zul'jin? Boss in an instance easily forgotten.
    Thrall? Pointless Mary Sue. Had to pull him out of the Horde and sideline him because he was getting so tired too.
    Archbishop Benedictus? Lolcorrupted.
    Khadgar-Turalyon-Alleria = All neutral ('cause that makes sense and writing is sooooo hard)

There's no war in warcraft. Can't write that one faction wins because it pisses off the other. Can't make real changes to the world. Gotta keep the status quo.

WE HATE EACH OTHER BUT THE REAL ENEMIES ARE OUT THERE SO LET'S HOLD HANDS TEMPORARILY! BEWARE WE WILL GO BACK TO BEING MEAN TO EACH OTHER IN THE NEXT EXPANSION.

But in the one after that... There will be another foe that will force a "temporary" truce.
    My major issue with lore now is that the races really don't feel unique anymore. Each race has a different culture and those cultural values should shape some of the gameplay imo. Like in Stormheim, why would a tauren or an orc with a distaste for the undead want to accompany an army of Forsaken? Much less accept one as Warchief, a historically orcish title with the one non-orcish Warchief being presented as somewhat of a revolutionary achievement in the Horde.

Quote Originally Posted by Atethecat View Post
    I'm more bothered by the fact that the Horde and Alliance always face a common enemy (Iron Horde, Legion) and yet still manage to fight over the stupidest fucking things. Honestly, Blizzard should either go all out buddy-buddy with the factions or all out enemies.
    I think you will always have people fighting for stupid things. It is just inherent in most people's nature to increase their status or well-being. This should happen on both sides, but personally I would like a touch of subtlety to it. It does not have to be so "in your face" with this person is mad at X or X betrayed Y. I would love to have more intrigue in the overall story if you are going to do a faction conflict like they have portrayed in the books. Have towns raided and NPCs get killed, even semi-important ones. Have quests in zones that lead into traps that you don't necessarily know who did it. I understand it may frustrate people, but maybe leave an ambiguous breadcrumb. Have it point to one group, when it is another group entirely trying to sow the seeds of distrust or being someone's attentions somewhere else. Basically I guess I want an old scheming plot like Deathwing used to do before Cata or what the Twilight's Hammer did before Cata. They ambushed people and made it look like the Horde was killing people and who wouldn't believe Garrosh would murder those druids. Misdirection all around and only because we are clever enough do we figure it out in the end, but maybe too late for someone important. Again I am not sure the patience of the player base is there for this, but would be a neat idea to me to the faction conflict instead of X is mad at Y cause reason. While that may be true in my scenario, the way they choose to go about it would be less direct.

Quote Originally Posted by Atethecat View Post
    My major issue with lore now is that the races really don't feel unique anymore. Each race has a different culture and those cultural values should shape some of the gameplay imo. Like in Stormheim, why would a tauren or an orc with a distaste for the undead want to accompany an army of Forsaken? Much less accept one as Warchief, a historically orcish title with the one non-orcish Warchief being presented as somewhat of a revolutionary achievement in the Horde.
    As to your second part, I agree with you there. I want a bit more uniqueness and actual interaction between races. I don't understand why certain factions are so little represented in literally everything when they have a stake in the outcome. I know you want to spotlight important figures, but in a battle that encompasses the world you should know the motivations behind some groups other than "We are part of the Alliance/Horde and do whatever they say." Everything just blends together then. Giving a little bit of lore to the non-spotlighted characters or at least their race would help bring some uniqueness to each race. I am not sure how to do this or make it work, but anything would be better than the current non-existence of some people/leaders.
    Last edited by Bubleheart; 2017-07-25 at 02:18 PM.

Deleted
    They have written absolutely nothing new which is not absolute garbage. The only "original" (read: not present in Warcraft 1, 2 or 3 and not retconned over and over because they have no imagination) was MoP, and we got Pandas and Monks from that. I'm not even going to go there.

The fact that this game is not about PvP makes "Warcraft" inane. They are forced to make heroes of the Horde and of the Alliance into either raid bosses or neutral questgivers, because they cba to come up with new original and well written characters, and because creating content that fits everyone is faster than creating content that differs for either side.

Theramore? Major alliance city... Destroyed with a "cutscene" of a goblin dropping a bomb on it (why not do it to all the alliance cities then? Seriously, who the FUCK wrote this?)
    Kil'jaeden and Archimonde just reused, tired. Hopefully they are really dead and this isn't a setback this time.
    Thrall? Pointless Mary Sue. Had to pull him out of the Horde and sideline him because he was getting so tired too.
    Khadgar-Turalyon-Alleria = All neutral ('cause that makes sense and writing is sooooo hard)

There's no war in warcraft. Can't write that one faction wins because it pisses off the other. Can't make real changes to the world. Gotta keep the status quo.

WE HATE EACH OTHER BUT THE REAL ENEMIES ARE OUT THERE SO LET'S HOLD HANDS TEMPORARILY! BEWARE WE WILL GO BACK TO BEING MEAN TO EACH OTHER IN THE NEXT EXPANSION.

But in the one after that... There will be another foe that will force a "temporary" truce.
    Only with your title i knew that you were a whinner.
    That's the case.

Stop complaining and join Blizzard team if you think you could provide them a better lore. Good luck..

insulting writers just because you dont pay attention and cant read is bad criticism.
    Romance doesnt detract from a story. Its a Genre, like horror or comedy or adventure. The game was ruined when we got Horror in drustvar or nazmir. It wasnt ruined when we had funny quests. So if you think a little man on man love ruins the game, then yes you are either a homophobe or just a spoil sport that goes "ewww kissing is yucky" like a baby. Furthermore, if a character has never expressed interest in any gender, then its not proof they are straight. straight people are not the default

10+ Year Old Account
    As long there is no where around Thrall, i am fine with everything.

While they've been lacking at times in recent xpac's at least they've acknowledged that Green Jesus' arc is done and dusted.
    [CENTER]
    ~ Just an aussie trawling the wastes of Dath'Remar since '07 ~