Page 3 of 10 FirstFirst
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Storm the Sorrow View Post
    Implying cutscenes or movies hold any water as far as argument goes.
    You seem to be arguing past me. The art team likes ret paladins. The class design team doesn't particularly like or dislike them. Sometimes the art team has to work within the constraints of what the class design team wants. If they had the art team having a hand in class design for ret, we'd probably see improvement.

Quote Originally Posted by Reith View Post
    You seem to be arguing past me. The art team likes ret paladins. The class design team doesn't particularly like or dislike them. Sometimes the art team has to work within the constraints of what the class design team wants. If they had the art team having a hand in class design for ret, we'd probably see improvement.
    You seem to be implying that cutscenes are a reliable source of class flavor or lore.
    If the art team liked retribution, we would not have this pathetic TV animation, or that divine storm animation, or that fething abomination that is judgement smash animation. Or the gakking class mount.
    Class design may like them or not, that we may not know for sure. But we DO know for sure is they are fething awful at designing Retribution in particular.

Quote Originally Posted by Storm the Sorrow View Post
    You seem to be implying that cutscenes are a reliable source of class flavor or lore.
    If the art team liked retribution, we would not have this pathetic TV animation, or that divine storm animation, or that fething abomination that is judgement smash animation. Or the gakking class mount.
    Class design may like them or not, that we may not know for sure. But we DO know for sure is they are fething awful at designing Retribution in particular.
    Yeah I can't really tell if class design likes us or not tbh. This TV design is OKish, but I prefer the MoP one. Can't remember the MoP DS one though. Justicar's Vengeance is also just the new TV animation, which is.. lazy. I think I preferred the wotlk judgment animation.

Yeah I can't really tell if class design likes us or not tbh. This TV design is OKish, but I prefer the MoP one. Can't remember the MoP DS one though. Justicar's Vengeance is also just the new TV animation, which is.. lazy. I think I preferred the wotlk judgment animation.
    I don't see why they couldn't recycle the WoD Final Verdict animation for...I don't know, anything.

High Overlord
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Utigarde View Post
    Edit: Crusade -> Crusader Strike

The Crusader Strike buff will effect Zeal damage too, or better to change from Zeal on Single target?
    Last edited by Kobor; 2017-07-23 at 04:29 PM. Reason: Crusade -> Crusader Strike

Quote Originally Posted by Kobor View Post
    The Crusade buff will effect Zeal damage too, or better to change from Zeal on Single target?
    Careful with the wording please, it´s crusader strike, not crusade. We wouldn´t want misunderstandings, would we

-------

On a second thought we might refer to it as crusade buff, maybe we confuse blizz and they actually end up buffing it
    Last edited by General Guderian; 2017-07-23 at 11:30 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Kobor View Post
    The Crusade buff will effect Zeal damage too, or better to change from Zeal on Single target?
    Either way, we'll probably still be using Zeal because having FoJ and BoW with T20 4P means you'll pretty much be flooded with GCDs and any time off boss would be penalized even more.

Man thought just i was feeling that ret is suckin ballz right now. At nighthold is was doin like 800k without cape, and now i have cape and am doin less......thinking about now raiding this tier.

Either way, we'll probably still be using Zeal because having FoJ and BoW with T20 4P means you'll pretty much be flooded with GCDs and any time off boss would be penalized even more.
    Everytime i played with FoJ and BoW i couldnt use more than one CS per TV/DS, between 16 and 25 haste...

Unless your haste is in the ground or you dont have 4 set, not using Zeal for ST is irrational.

So, essentially, this is a very minor buff to AoE and a minor buff to ST...

Its still better than nothing... Or a nerf...

Quote Originally Posted by Minah View Post
    Man thought just i was feeling that ret is suckin ballz right now. At nighthold is was doin like 800k without cape, and now i have cape and am doin less......thinking about now raiding this tier.
    You might be doing something wrong... Better try in the Fix my DPs thread with logs....

Madness will consume you!!!

Quote Originally Posted by killwithpwr View Post
    Everytime i played with FoJ and BoW i couldnt use more than one CS per TV/DS, between 16 and 25 haste...

Unless your haste is in the ground or you dont have 4 set, not using Zeal for ST is irrational.

So, essentially, this is a very minor buff to AoE and a minor buff to ST...

Its still better than nothing... Or a nerf...
    Yeah it's better than nothing. I wish they were hotfixing the mastery change too though.

Deleted
    Wonder when they realize that our set buffs the toon does not get consumed and remains although we change target : it's going to be the next nerf.

Quote Originally Posted by Stroggylos View Post
    Wonder when they realize that our set buffs the toon does not get consumed and remains although we change target : it's going to be the next nerf.
    Im pretty sure thats intended so that DH gets a full duration of uptime with the judgement buff.
    If it got consumed on Hit/pressing the ability, DH damage would almost be halved...

Madness will consume you!!!

Yeah it's better than nothing. I wish they were hotfixing the mastery change too though.
    Where did they talk about that mastery change? Thete mentioned it one of his recent videos but I can't find anything from blizzard on the topic

Quote Originally Posted by Dalamian View Post
    Where did they talk about that mastery change? Thete mentioned it one of his recent videos but I can't find anything from blizzard on the topic
    It's on the 7.3 PTR. http://ptr.wowhead.com/news=268036/7...-bonus-updates

Mastery: Divine Judgment Increases Judgment damage by 24% 35%, and causes Judgment to increase damage taken from your Holy Power spenders by 12% 14% for 8 sec.

7+ Year Old Account
    Hopefully the mastery buff goes live before 7.3....I don't think this week's CS and BoJ buffs are enough.

It's on the 7.3 PTR. http://ptr.wowhead.com/news=268036/7...-bonus-updates

Mastery: Divine Judgment Increases Judgment damage by 24% 35%, and causes Judgment to increase damage taken from your Holy Power spenders by 12% 14% for 8 sec.
    Thanks for the link, I dont see why this can't go live sooner, its just % changes

Quote Originally Posted by Nymrohd View Post
    I mean, the Crusader Strike buff IS nothing. We use Zeal for a reason outside of heavy AoE and we are decent at heavy AoE so that one isn't a problem.
    do you switch back to crusader strike on fights like harj & mistress? I'm just curious. I simmed myself on Goroth and confirmed zeal sims higher for me (least on that fight). I'm just trying to wrap my head around how zeal isn't nice for AOE because it hits a few targets? Still trying to wrap my head around why zeal does more on ST. It seems illogical but I'm probably just not understanding something.

Quote Originally Posted by Anida View Post
    do you switch back to crusader strike on fights like harj & mistress? I'm just curious. I simmed myself on Goroth and confirmed zeal sims higher for me (least on that fight). I'm just trying to wrap my head around how zeal isn't nice for AOE because it hits a few targets? Still trying to wrap my head around why zeal does more on ST. It seems illogical but I'm probably just not understanding something.
    He is probaby switching to DH therefore you switch to CS

Quote Originally Posted by Nymrohd View Post
    Yup, CS and DH and a lot of DS spam.
    Makes sense. I hate switching specs between fights.. but it appears that's what they want us to do in ToS. I got away with running DH every fight in NH and still topping the meter e/c on Krosus on occasion depending on who shows up.

Back to buying tomes it is!

10+ Year Old Account
    The TV animation isn't special. All melees have it.

Quote Originally Posted by Jester Joe View Post
    I don't see why they couldn't recycle the WoD Final Verdict animation for...I don't know, anything.
    I think the big hammer was bound to the old colossal smash animation which was used if you specced into final verdict.
    It's high noon.
    Personality: INTJ