Quote Originally Posted by Henx View Post
    And I thought Tuchel was almost done... Well we can't forget how much the newspapers love to write about Bayern, FC Hollywood indeed.

I loved LvG under the WC2014 but I don't want him at Bayern. I guess I would go for Tuchel but he had problems with the higher figures at Dortmund and that's not good at all at Bayern. Enrique is a good coach nonetheless and he is proven but I would like to see a German coach.
    Well Luis Enrique is about as opposite of Ancelotti in training habits and attitude as you can get. Agree with DrMcNinja though, he isn't great tactically.

According to Bild, it's Jupp Heynckes coming back from retirement.

Bayerns new manager to reboot their old successful football

Glad England are on tonight.

Needed something to help me get to sleep with this shitty cold I've got atm.

Quote Originally Posted by WarBringerPT View Post
    According to Bild, it's Jupp Heynckes coming back from retirement.
    Didn't see that coming. If it's true it can be a good choice or a very bad one.

This is the worst England team in my life time. Basically relying on Kane and Rashford to turn up at the World Cup otherwise it could be another Iceland

10+ Year Old Account
    Definitely one of the worst agreed, awfully boring drivel, led by a dull manager.

Deleted
    Pffffft. Jesus that was brutal.

After Slovakia went down to 10men they just dug in.

We his the bar God knows how many times & their keeper played the game of his life.

Seems as if Scotland don't score goals until after the 87th min in this campaign...

Still need to beat Slovenia on Sunday.

So, Germany and England already qualified today. Northern Ireland goes into the play-offs.

Deleted
    Gareth Southgate: “We are not going to become Spain in the next eight months.”

No Gareth: that would imply you have players who actually have a first touch and don't have bins for feet.

England really do have delusions of grandeur but that kind of comment takes the cake. As if we didn't know they're shite.

10+ Year Old Account
    I always take exception to the idea that England have illusions about how bad they are. Every pundit and every supporter knows we're Shit now. Honestly, Southgate saying that is perfectly fine, because it's not wrong.

I really wish other fans could let us English wallow in our ineptitude without telling us how deluded we are.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by draykorinee View Post
    I always take exception to the idea that England have illusions about how bad they are. Every pundit and every supporter knows we're Shit now. Honestly, Southgate saying that is perfectly fine, because it's not wrong.

I really wish other fans could let us English wallow in our ineptitude without telling us how deluded we are.
    Fair play to that.

You have to admit there's a drive to big up your boys though? From the media maybe?

Quote Originally Posted by Firebane View Post
    You have to admit there's a drive to big up your boys though? From the media maybe?
    Not really, our media slates our team like mad. Maybe some shitty newspaper like The Sun will go OTT right before the WC, but for the most part every pundit will just go on about how garbage we are.

10+ Year Old Account
    Fair play to that.

Back in about 2006 maybe, what we do have is a tendency to get over the top with our youth on an individual basis, like send them in to the stratosphere and that's purely based on the reason that we suck so bad are desperate for a Ronaldo or a MessI.

I can 100% say we as a country are in desperation mode, we are so inept that every 18 year old that can score a goal is the next big hope.

It's really depressing.

Fair play to that.

England every single tournament breeze through qualifying then over hype themselves as the next big thing and anything short of 1st place is a miserable defeat because of their one world cup win in the 60s

Thats how the media spins it, not sure the fans would go with it now though, reality has hit too hard. Seems like the players feel that pressure and melt every time though.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by draykorinee View Post
    Back in about 2006 maybe, what we do have is a tendency to get over the top with our youth on an individual basis, like send them in to the stratosphere and that's purely based on the reason that we suck so bad are desperate for a Ronaldo or a MessI.

I can 100% say we as a country are in desperation mode, we are so inept that every 18 year old that can score a goal is the next big hope.

It's really depressing.
    We've got that too but he's the second most expensive player ever and scored 15 goals last season without being a stater for the whole season.

Every game I've watched England play for ages has been shite. Only a friendly vs Germany that I can remember them being decent.

We've got that too but he's the second most expensive player ever and scored 15 goals last season without being a stater for the whole season.
    Joe Hart? He hasnt scored 15 goals, defend them maybe....maybe

10+ Year Old Account

Every game I've watched England play for ages has been shite. Only a friendly vs Germany that I can remember them being decent.
    England hired a manager that took Boro from Europe to the Championship, no fucking surprise his team plays shite.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Zelk View Post
    England hired a manager that took Boro from Europe to the Championship, no fucking surprise his team plays shite.
    It's true, but to be fair he really doesn't have much to choose from that'd help cover his tactical issues. The current pool of English players is the worst it has been for a very long time, probably the worst in my lifetime. Practically every single position lacks quality.
    Speciation Is Gradual

15+ Year Old Account
    Damn, Ox got rated 4/10... He's improving!

All jokes aside though, I was watching the England game but turned it off out of boredom.

My fear is that Belgium wont play much better football, entertainment wise. Guess we'll just have to wait and see.