Ferocious gladiator for pve

I am returning player and i have noticed that resilience is gone from the game. Is there a drawback with using for example feroicious gladiator gear for pve at this point? It just feels wrong using something with "gladiator" in the name for pve. This might be a "noob" question but i really wanna know x)

Versatility sucks for all three specs, so there's that.

there is no drawback other than poor itemization

Well, you'll miss tier sets bonus, plus gladiator gear almost always has versatility on it which is not a great stat for warlocks. Other than that, gladiator gear has the same amount of stats as pve gear of the same ilvl, so it's a good starting point to gear up.

Quote Originally Posted by Cheze View Post
    there is no drawback other than poor itemization
    Edit: I see what you mean there. Yeah the itemization often isn't the greatest. But you can have pretty low versatility come up with the other stat (like mastery) being stacked. Couple that with a high ilevel and it can be a pretty decent upgrade if people are still walking around with less than 900 gear.

Gladiator gear doesn't mean too much these days. I see people walking around with 880 gear, no gladiator gear, and wonder why they haven't purchased the 895 gladiator gear than can be titan forged up beyond that. You can fish for 910+ gear at the vendor without much effort. I've only gotten up to 905, myself, but I know people who have gotten higher with great stats (low versatility, high mastery).
    Last edited by Liarparadox; 2017-07-23 at 07:30 PM.

Deleted
    Unless you are a Windwalker Monk then the pvp gear is placeholder, dont be surprised after simming that LFR gear thats lower item level is a bigger upgrade than you think, locks stats are scaling above int right now so get rid as soon as you can.

Quote Originally Posted by Kagthul View Post
    Versatility sucks for all three specs, so there's that.
    While it's weaker than haste and crit for Destruction, it's certainly not a dump stat. Having a bit of versatility is totally fine there.