Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst
LastLast
    Your first well constructed post in a while Jay. A lot of people will bite.

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Eleccybubb View Post
    I kind of agree. I mean I extremely doubt Legacy will bring back the millions who left WoW. Not everyone left because of game direction. Some people just outgrew wow, families or other things in life.

I mean if Blizzard want to do Legacy go for it. I just see people complaining when they release the final patch for that expansion that there is no more content.

I'm very Pro legacy but there are pitfalls to it and I imagine Blizzard is taking them into account.
    thing is i think it is true, it will bring back millions (2 million is "millions") but then will QUICKLY plummit, as people go "oh yeah... vanilla was not "that" great and i have done all of this before, why would i want to do it all over again from fresh start?"
    Quote Originally Posted by WowIsDead64 View Post
    Remove combat, Mobs, PvP, and Difficult Content

I played on a vanilla private server for 4~ months and really enjoyed it. It was one of those ones where you could start at a high level (not 60, but close-ish), which is the reason I chose to play it. I enjoyed every minute of it.

I would come back if they made a vanilla server, because I would have more to do. It's really not all that hard a concept to comprehend. I would likely bounce between both. Currently I am subbed about 3-6~ months at a time, then quit for 6-18 months. I hit this routine, fall into this stale rut, and I get bored. It happens to me with all MMO's now. I'm not saying I would stay subbed indefinitely, but I would stay subbed longer if Vanilla realms were in the picture.
    Last edited by Zafire; 2017-07-22 at 08:04 AM.

What the people clamoring for legacy WoW forgetting is that while back in 2004 this game was top notch both gameplay and graphics wise, that is no longer the case, and stripping away all the improvements made during the years will not help.

You know, I would love to see transparent glass windows for once in this game after all these years and proper robe models, oh and a 100% rebuilt combat system. Something that would re-energize this game on the core levels instead of trying to live in the past.

We have no idea what would happen. But it's irrelevant since the current team hates both the RPG legacy and the wow legacy. They'd release legacy servers over their dead bodies.

Quote Originally Posted by Embriel View Post
    We have no idea what would happen. But it's irrelevant since the current team hates both the RPG legacy and the wow legacy. They'd release legacy servers over their dead bodies.
    Evidence that they hate it?

Them wanting to keep the game moving forward does not mean they hate it.

And for the love of god don't bring up that "you think you do but you don't" rubbish. You know damn well they were trying to joke and it backfired on them.
    Last edited by Eleccybubb; 2017-07-22 at 08:35 AM.

Millions of new subs is quite a stretch. I could see something like 500.000 realistic depending how much they advertise it, if they just do a quick announcement than about 250.000. Its very hard to tell because there's never been a real study to indicate how many people would be interested. Taking numbers from private servers is only a small fraction of people who could be interested.

Legacy server die really fast. On the first day, there are 10,000+, after 5-6 months just 300-500. Also, there are exploits which tank the economics and server never recovers from it. They are not worthy of consideration.

Quote Originally Posted by det View Post
    ...and those "indicators" are?

Why not 1,5 or 2.75 or 3.15 mill? Where does this so very concrete number of "under 2 million" come from, which kinda must be in the 1.75-1.95 million range, otherwise you would have written "under 1,5 million" or such.

You and Jaylock seem to get their numbers from very different sources - and I suppose it is in both cases the thin air around you - aka "made up"?
    Those "indicators" are probably unreliable and unofficial census sites such as Warcraft Realms which hasn't had it's activity and activity ratio data updated for most realms in 30 days.

In other words. Unreliable sources.

Deleted
    It would create a Nostalgia Hype. Lets be real... 1 Million is a good Number actually, but that would drop down pretty fast. I say 100k-200k is a realistic Number long term

Quote Originally Posted by xqt View Post
    It would create a Nostalgia Hype. Lets be real... 1 Million is a good Number actually, but that would drop down pretty fast. I say 100k-200k is a realistic Number long term
    Which until an official announcement Blizzard aren't keen on supporting.

Why support something that low?

Deleted
    Which until an official announcement Blizzard aren't keen on supporting.

Why support something that low?
    how is that low ? for a Game that wouldnt need much resources since they wont add anything at all

Quote Originally Posted by xqt View Post
    how is that low ? for a Game that wouldnt need much resources since they wont add anything at all
    I meant the 100-200k. Again Blizzard want to support the majority. Not the minority. And if a million started on it as you suggest then an 800k dropoff would be insane. Obviously there is natural dropoff to take into account.

Also server upkeep costs, staff to run these servers, GMs and so on. They will look at initial costs before making this kind of decision and long term profit.

Maybe they will announce something about Legacy at Blizzcon this year? Maybe they won't. But right now they don't seem intent on doing anything.
    Last edited by Eleccybubb; 2017-07-22 at 08:44 AM.

The Patient
    7+ Year Old Account
    How is he doing that? He kind of has a point. Can you really say every player left because of game direction alone?
    No he really doesn't given the average age now of people that played Wow back then. The game is coming up on its 13th anni, a lot has changed for the late teens/young adults that used to play the game back then. I know a lot has changed for me in the almost 13 years since I first started playing Wow.

Quote Originally Posted by Gehco View Post
    Sorry mate, Jaylock has a point this time. And I have to share the same view of this. Heck, I would be scared of losing my own sub due to Legacy. If it was and I have to pay for it in my sub as well, I would unsub. I loved the old days but I'm not going to pay for something I won't use. I have nostalgia but it isn't burning enough to want to get stuck there.
    You would be 1 of a couple to few hundred thousand at the upper most limit, and that is being generous with the numbers.

Quote Originally Posted by bajskorv View Post
    Well he did troll you.
    Not sure why you would think that unless you have a differing opinion on what trolling is? For me trolling has always been about getting people to believe your bullshit then yanking the rug out from under them after they fail for your crap hook, line, and sinker. Responding and pointing out someone is trolling is hardly falling for their bullshit.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by khazmodan View Post
    all the indicators show under 2 million subs right now
    There is no indicators. There is a site that can project a fracture of the playerbase. There is no real tool yet, able to run a check on active accounts.
    FOMO: "Fear Of Missing Out", also commonly known as people with a mental issue of managing time and activities, many expecting others to fit into their schedule so they don't miss out on things to come. If FOMO becomes a problem for you, do seek help, it can be a very unhealthy lifestyle..

10+ Year Old Account
    Tell me, when last time Activison cared about your opinion for legacy realms? Ah right...

NEVER...
    Last edited by DesoPL; 2017-07-22 at 09:07 AM.

Mechagnome
    10+ Year Old Account
    "Millions" would depend almost entirely on how it was marketed. The reason WoW got such numbers initially is because it marketed to the wider population, not just gamers.
    Personally if it was 'unlocked' with the standard sub, I would consider it another a good reason to buy legion / resub in general, than something to subscribe for in-and-of itself.

Quote Originally Posted by DesoPL View Post
    Tell me, when last time Activison care about your opinion for legacy realms? Ah right...

NEVER...
    Why are we discussing Activision? This is related to Blizzard. Stick to the topic at hand please.

Or do we still think Activision is pulling all the strings?

Feel free to believe that if you want. Doesn't make it a fact.
    Last edited by Eleccybubb; 2017-07-22 at 09:09 AM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Finally someone who get's it!

10+ Year Old Account
    You can put all of this in the thread that's been up for some time now on the topic.

We don't need more threads about the same thing.
    "...money's most powerful ability is to allow bad people to continue doing bad things at the expense of those who don't have it."